What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we need you

RedPenno

Juniors
I don't recall, refresh my memory please.

john chapman, looked a lot like lord ted. use to get the two mixed up some times due to their hair style

RedPenno

Juniors
his son daimian chapman played a few games with us & at the time they thought he was going to be the next big thing but never happened

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
I know this isn't directly the reason for it, but if you think where most of those type of players have come from in the past 10-15 years it has been Qld. And we just don't seem to have enough feelers there to grab them when they pop up.

Cowboys, Storm, Broncos and recently even the Raiders have had a fair proportion of their big playmakers come from north of the border. Then you've got players like Barba at the Dogs, Cherry-Evans at Manly, Inglis at Souffs. Sure NSW has produced some good players during the same era, but far fewer spread over more teams.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I know this isn't directly the reason for it, but if you think where most of those type of players have come from in the past 10-15 years it has been Qld. And we just don't seem to have enough feelers there to grab them when they pop up.

Cowboys, Storm, Broncos and recently even the Raiders have had a fair proportion of their big playmakers come from north of the border. Then you've got players like Barba at the Dogs, Cherry-Evans at Manly, Inglis at Souffs. Sure NSW has produced some good players during the same era, but far fewer spread over more teams.

Spot on! We need to have feeer clubs in QLD

Isn't inglis fom kempsey?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why in recent decades and in particularly since the merger have we not been able to produce /buy the match winning player that most other successful clubs come across every now and again ?The type of player that can win you the tight games , perform when the chips are down and generally coach the side on the field.
You must have missed 2010.
full steam ahead said:
Players like lamb,lockyer ,langer, lewis ,menninga ,fittler,alexander ,sterling ,kenny ,daley ,thurston,toovey inglis,smith cronk, slater,clyde,hasler etc .
Surely we are due for one of our own.
Sounds like a roll call of your favourite players.

If you're going to include all those players, including Hasler, then you must also include Blacklock, Coyne, Gasnier, Cooper, Bailey, Weyman, Tallis, Mundine, and any other player that has won games for us in the more successful years.

bottle

Coach
...Dugan anyone? I swear someone mentioned he could be the next Changa...

Warren Ryan, who's old enough to have seen Changa in his prime, in fact possibly in his pram, has commented that Dugan reminds him of Chang.

64 Dragon

Coach
Warren Ryan, who's old enough to have seen Changa in his prime, in fact possibly in his pram, has commented that Dugan reminds him of Chang.

I said that a while ago after watching Dugan's youtube highlights. He has a sidestep and the pace of the great Changa.

Latest posts