What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website upgrades

Willow

Assistant Moderator

That's AG official bitches.
Good advice.

The recent downtime hasn't gone unnoticed.

I've lost count but I'd say we've had 50 upgrades in 10 different servers over the last 12 years. It's not something that we are unfamiliar with.

When someone says, 'just upgrade the server' (or similar), they are unaware that we are doing that all the time. We are constantly looking for ways to improve performance. This weekend in particular has some of the best IT heads on the case.

surely you could spend some of the millions of dollars this site makes to pay for the ultimate server though instead of pocketing all the cash and spending it on beer and hookers?

TooheysNew

Coach
We could, but then we wouldn't have any more of those parties you came to last week...

Cloudflare is an upgrade we've recently put in place. It ups our security, as well as providing a content delivery network (CDN) for some of the stuff on the site - basically, it helps to reduce the load on the server. In addition, it caches some of the pages on the server, so it builds up a library of content that can still be displayed, even when the server crashes.

Didgi

Basically, yesterday the site was like Sonny Bill Williams. After a recent face-lift (albeit a little more attractive than a Roosters jersey) it was fantastic, perfect, amazing. Then it got hit by a rampaging Sam Burgess, aka the amount of traffic.

Now we're back to running beautiful lines and scoring tries.

In other news, I'm terrible at analogies.

RedVee

First Grade
Using IE I've got 9/10s of the screen in orange because the game icons are vertically arranged in the centre screen, rather than horizontally in an orange line as per firefox.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Is there something very strange going on atm?

new post times are wrong and end up being post 1 in a thread :?

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
Yeah, we replaced the power supply in the server, and it messed with the timezone, kind of like when you take the battery out of car.

I've fixed the dates on the posts to be closer to the mark. Let me know if there's issues.

Apey

Staff member
Not happy Jan. This is not the type of service I am paying for.

I did a search for new posts and it told me that I have to wait 60
Seconds between posts as it normally does, then it told me I needed to wait 8754357 seconds before I could do another search lol.

TooheysNew

Coach
Haha. I got told I couldn't log in to the administration area because the software expired 43 years ago...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The server in particular is being beefed up as we speak, for the umpteenth time. This in addition to software upgrades. But the traffic is the issue.
Just a heads up....

There's another hardware upgrade happening, most likely late tonight or early tomorrow morning. There'll be a scheduled downtime of about 30 minutes.

Cheers.

Danish

Referee
I think it's safe to day I am addicted to LU judging by the amount of times I kept checking the page tonight to see when it would come back up :lol: