What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 Finals v NZW

Kilkenny

Coach
Defer to Ivan I guess. It will be interesting call if Laui is fit to return.

I would go Peachy in front of Cogger I just think he covers more positions overall.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He’s not playing hooker. He is the utility. If Kenny needs a spell, he is more than capable of doing the job for 10 or 15.

Ivan really hasn‘t shown much faith in Soni Luke recently so he is not going to get picked. Not gonna happen and nor should it given recent team selections.
We’ll see

Crashtest

Juniors
I'm on the Peach for 14 wagon until Luai is back at least. Then I'd go Cogger at this stage.

I'm on the Peach for 14 wagon until Luai is back at least. Then I'd go Cogger at this stage.

It is a bit surprising that Salmon is not even being considered for a bench role now. Unless a number of injuries occur, it seems he will finish at the Panthers as the 18th man.

Even Garner is getting games ahead of him now in that second row/centre cover role.

Iamback

Coach
It is a bit surprising that Salmon is not even being considered for a bench role now. Unless a number of injuries occur, it seems he will finish at the Panthers as the 18th man.

Even Garner is getting games ahead of him now in that second row/centre cover role.

Salmon wad poor in NSW Cup, that moved him down the list

Luke Bowden

First Grade
30 mins at hooker. Peachey had no errors, conceded no penalties. Only missed a tackle. 1 linebreak. 120m gained

Good numbers from a 14, if he does that in the finals then we will be very well off
His service was crap and we lost control of the middle with him on the field. He doesn’t bring the forwards onto the ball, which means Yeo doesn’t get a rest.

We got away with it against a shit team, we won’t get away with it against a good team playing in the NRL finals.

Again, I love the Peach, I’m always happy to see him play for us, but he’s a genuine liability playing hooker.

Iamback

Coach
His service was crap and we lost control of the middle with him on the field. He doesn’t bring the forwards onto the ball, which means Yeo doesn’t get a rest.

We got away with it against a shit team, we won’t get away with it against a good team playing in the NRL finals.

Again, I love the Peach, I’m always happy to see him play for us, but he’s a genuine liability playing hooker.

If Peachey was a good hooker, he would have the 9 on his back.

You pick a 14 who can hold their own in several positions, comparing him to a starter is unrealistic.

Against a good team Kenny is playing 80 mins, so it isn't an issue. He can handle 15 mins if Kenny is off for a HIA.

As he would be if a back goes off, That is the life of a 14

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If Peachey was a good hooker, he would have the 9 on his back.

You pick a 14 who can hold their own in several positions, comparing him to a starter is unrealistic.

Against a good team Kenny is playing 80 mins, so it isn't an issue. He can handle 15 mins if Kenny is off for a HIA.

As he would be if a back goes off, That is the life of a 14
Which is why we need a hooker on the bench or a utility that can actually play hooker.

They don’t have to be able to match a starter, but they have to be able to actually play the position.

Fangs

Coach
All three of them will be in the 21 named I'm sure.

I'm curious to see if Cogger is ahead of all them by week 2/3 of the finals. Luai will obviously play and Cogger is a decent step up in terms of halves cover. Has played 9 recently. He is definitely in the conversation as the 14.

Iamback

Coach
Which is why we need a hooker on the bench or a utility that can actually play hooker.

They don’t have to be able to match a starter, but they have to be able to actually play the position.

Well no.

Smith and Spencer are only middles

Sorro won't play 80. So Hosking needs to be edge player.

You can't run with a hooker only because you need to cover the backs too.

When Luai is back Cogger works better in the 14 but atm Peachey is the best option

Iamback

Coach
All three of them will be in the 21 named I'm sure.

I'm curious to see if Cogger is ahead of all them by week 2/3 of the finals. Luai will obviously play and Cogger is a decent step up in terms of halves cover. Has played 9 recently. He is definitely in the conversation as the 14.

I think Sorro gets 50-60 mins this week.

He will be an 80 min player moving forward
As will Martin, Yeo and Kenny

Luai might not make the full game - you take the risk. Cogger on the bench makes sense

Hosking can cover centre

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well no.

Smith and Spencer are only middles

Sorro won't play 80. So Hosking needs to be edge player.

You can't run with a hooker only because you need to cover the backs too.

When Luai is back Cogger works better in the 14 but atm Peachey is the best option
Well yes.

Hosking or Garner can cover an injury in the backs and spell Sorro.

If injuries occur Smith has shown that he can cover and edge if required, just like he did last week.

Peachy God bless him is a waste at 14. I think you guys are all under valuing the importance of our 9.

soc123_au

Staff member
Cogger for me as he can cover 9 in a pinch & if Luai's arm falls off he goes to 6.

My heart says Peachy, but only cause I'd love for him to get a comp win.

Salmondo unlucky, but he got a ring last year.

You could really make a case for all 3 though, they all bring something a bit different to each other.

Soni Lube is only cover for 9, not versatile enough especially if we are playing Luai with a dodgy shoulder.

Latest posts