What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 Finals v NZW

chrisD

Coach
Do what we been doing for 4 years and it's not close. With a fit back 5 there's little to no points for them on our edges and if Kenny plays same for our middle, it'll be kick and hope for them or maybe they can catch us from their own half. We will just grind them to dust.

Hope Peachey doesn't play, he's a time bomb.

Kilkenny

Coach
Do what we been doing for 4 years and it's not close. With a fit back 5 there's little to no points for them on our edges and if Kenny plays same for our middle, it'll be kick and hope for them or maybe they can catch us from their own half. We will just grind them to dust.

Assuming Mitch Kenny is fit to start, Peachy will be the 14.

Kilkenny

Coach
Peach a better all round fit than Luke who can only play one position ?

It's a tough one.

I think Tyrone Peachy, brain snap against the Cowboys aside in Townsville, has been really good. Called upon to fill in for Tago, impossible ask, but for the most did his job admirably. Assuming Kenny is good to play, Luke not selected on Saturday night, it is a given which way Ivan is going to go. Peachy will be the 14.

hindy111

Post Whore
I expect Penrith to win. But the Warriors finished top 4.
Dwz is one of the form wingers in the comp. SJ and Egan are playing great. Toho Harris and Fonua Blake are killing it. Its a decent side and I think they will go all out attack and not play safe. It will be a case of the balls stick or they don't. I reckon the coach knows if they just try and grind it out they lose. They will have a real crack.
Talks of 50+ which is possible but also a little bit cock as well. Teams don't finish top 4 for no reason. And had they not rested guys they finish 3rd.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

I'd never want him starting or playing big mins but he's probably our best 14 atm.....he scares the shit out of me too mate

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I love Peach, but he shouldn’t be in our top 17 unless there are injuries.

He doesn’t add anything that Hosking or Garner adds.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not this week. Making decisions in a GF.........well that's very different
Well we have to get there first. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

I know you like to put the cart before the horse and promote 50 point wins but it’s really not that easy or simple.

I think we will or should be too good for the Warriors.

I thought we were very impressive against the Cowboys, but honestly it just takes an injury or a send off, sin binning to change the whole dynamics.

Peachy certainly won’t decide the outcome of this game, I expect it will be determined before he sets foot on the field, hopefully anyway,in our favour.

Kilkenny

Coach
I love Peach, but he shouldn’t be in our top 17 unless there are injuries.

He doesn’t add anything that Hosking or Garner adds.
Peachy is the best option at 14. Assuming Sorensen is fit and starts only one of Hosking or Garner plays.

No more two hookers in the 17. Peachy at 14 is a given for me.

Nothing to do with the poke in the bum, or the emergence of Summerton who is likely injured anyway, but Peachy is certainly part of our best 17 options.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Not sure either of those boys could fill in at hooker. Peach did look VERY clunky from dummy half on the weekend though.
Peachy is a horrible Hooker, the worst I’ve seen in our side for the last 5 or 6 years. Salmon offers more than he does at 14.

Assuming Kenny is fit, I’d definitely go
14 Luke / Sommo
15 Smith
16 Spencer
17 Hosking

18 Salmon

Kilkenny

Coach
Peachy is a horrible Hooker, the worst I’ve seen in our side for the last 5 or 6 years. Salmon offers more than he does at 14.

Assuming Kenny is fit, I’d definitely go
14 Luke / Sommo
15 Smith
16 Spencer
17 Hosking

18 Salmon
He’s not playing hooker. He is the utility. If Kenny needs a spell, he is more than capable of doing the job for 10 or 15.

Ivan really hasn‘t shown much faith in Soni Luke recently so he is not going to get picked. Not gonna happen and nor should it given recent team selections.

maple_69

Bench
All things going well, Peachey should only have 15 mins left in his season. Cogger/Hosking/Smith/Leniu is our best bench and we should be able to play it in the prelim.

Latest posts