What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 Finals v NZW

snickers007

Juniors
Not sure whether to laugh or cry about the idea of moving Tago on due to being injury prone.

Dude played 26 of 27 games last year (rested for the Cowboys game in Rnd 25), then backed up for Samoa in the World Cup. Had a super short pre-season, and straight into it again this year.

That's a massive load for a young guy who is still developing his body. Especially someone who plays with his level of physicality.

Nathan Cleary has had big stretches of injury and suspension for the last few years. Should we move him on too? Especially considering the amount we're paying him.

i suspect we'll rest Tago this week, hopefully win to buy him an extra week. And then he'll be ready to roll for the games that count, and bring him another ring.

Sime_11

Juniors
Tago is great - he's got his Samoan bro's here - he wont be commanding Critta money - we wont have to break the bank for Tago

Iamback

Coach
Not sure whether to laugh or cry about the idea of moving Tago on due to being injury prone.

Dude played 26 of 27 games last year (rested for the Cowboys game in Rnd 25), then backed up for Samoa in the World Cup. Had a super short pre-season, and straight into it again this year.

That's a massive load for a young guy who is still developing his body. Especially someone who plays with his level of physicality.

Nathan Cleary has had big stretches of injury and suspension for the last few years. Should we move him on too? Especially considering the amount we're paying him.

i suspect we'll rest Tago this week, hopefully win to buy him an extra week. And then he'll be ready to roll for the games that count, and bring him another ring.

That would give him 60 mins in about 10 weeks, So I think he needs to play

Goonji

Juniors

Any suggestion of moving Tago on because he got injured is just plain stupid. The bloke is a gun.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Any suggestion of moving Tago on because he got injured is just plain stupid. The bloke is a gun.
If he keeps having muscle injuries throughout this contract I think it will need to be thought about. Hopefully this year is a blip in his career and he plays 200+ games for us because he's fantastic

Iamback

Coach
If he keeps having muscle injuries throughout this contract I think it will need to be thought about. Hopefully this year is a blip in his career and he plays 200+ games for us because he's fantastic

It becomes an issue if his replacement carves up, although likely move him to the pack then

BxTom

Bench

We didn't move Dylan on neither...

soc123_au

Staff member
We didn't move Dylan on neither...
Was just about to post this as well. Dylan had a terrible run of injuries for the first few years. I don't recall what they all were, I know ankle issues were a problem. A bit different to Tago iirc. I do remember worrying at the time that he was made of glass, turned out ok in the end though.

I do get Chins point though, we need to think about that that kind of thing. The staff would have an idea if injuries are just plain bad luck or if a player is predisposed. Players like Dyl and Teddy had horror starts and came good, so you would put them down to bad luck, Turbo to anyone with eyes seems predisposed.

Way too early to tell with Tago, but as mentioned he was durable last year, so fingers crossed he has just had poor luck this year. He is one you would want to be really sure about before sending him off to the glue factory.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeah, personally would've liked to have SJ play and have a cracker of a game. Warriors have been a great side this season and it's a shame to have it end this way for them (not a forgone conclusion but more than likely).

Tago will be fine injury wise in the future IMO. Just bad luck lately I think and from all reports, he's a good rehabber (and with Cleary, Luai, Edwards and co. showing him how to rehab an injury effectively he'll be in good stead to have minimal time off when/if injury does hit).

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Was just about to post this as well. Dylan had a terrible run of injuries for the first few years. I don't recall what they all were, I know ankle issues were a problem. A bit different to Tago iirc. I do remember worrying at the time that he was made of glass, turned out ok in the end though.

I do get Chins point though, we need to think about that that kind of thing. The staff would have an idea if injuries are just plain bad luck or if a player is predisposed. Players like Dyl and Teddy had horror starts and came good, so you would put them down to bad luck, Turbo to anyone with eyes seems predisposed.

Way too early to tell with Tago, but as mentioned he was durable last year, so fingers crossed he has just had poor luck this year. He is one you would want to be really sure about before sending him off to the glue factory.
I don't want him gone I love the bloke!

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Getting back to the game.

I re learned this lesson during the World Cup Challenge eariler this year. There is no such thing as an outsider.

Teams like the Warriors are very capable of 'doing a St Helens' to Penrith come Saturday night. They have got NOTHING TO LOOSE. The kitchen sink and house will be thrown. Cleary and Yeo will be trageted both legally and illegally big time to disrupt. Having Walker in the halves makes it easier. He is a grub (footy wise) on two legs with rat cunning.

Penrith will have to bring their best game. Have to have a plan in place for when Yeo and Clez are targeted. This will not be easy. It will be very tough.

Chins, believes it will be easy. I can't help but think back to the St Helens and the W/T game.

If we win, it will be close. Warriors have a whole country behind them, and mostt of Australia's fence sitting fans.

Let's though bring out best game and do it, CAUSE WE"RE HUNTING HISTORY. #PantherPride 🐾:trophy::trophy:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Getting back to the game.

I re learned this lesson during the World Cup Challenge eariler this year. There is no such thing as an outsider.

Teams like the Warriors are very capable of 'doing a St Helens' to Penrith come Saturday night. They have got NOTHING TO LOOSE. The kitchen sink and house will be thrown. Cleary and Yeo will be trageted both legally and illegally big time to disrupt. Having Walker in the halves makes it easier. He is a grub (footy wise) on two legs with rat cunning.

Penrith will have to bring their best game. Have to have a plan in place for when Yeo and Clez are targeted. This will not be easy. It will be very tough.

Chins, believes it will be easy. I can't help but think back to the St Helens and the W/T game.

If we win, it will be close. Warriors have a whole country behind them, and mostt of Australia's fence sitting fans.

Let's though bring out best game and do it, CAUSE WE"RE HUNTING HISTORY. #PantherPride 🐾:trophy::trophy:
It will be easy. Theirs a massive gulf in class and experience between the sides. Comparing finals football to a pre season game is a bit odd

Latest posts