What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals 2023

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
I think the Craven Mild Cup was last played in 1981, before Canberra joined the NSWRFL.

Not sure what you're thinking about...?
#failedgotcha
I was just telling a friend about when Mal Meninga kicked for touch and I said to my school mate “I reckon he is kicking it to me” it landed in my lap and and nearly broke 8 of my fingers. I will never forget that.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Considering we put 40 on Newcastle and the warriors put 40 on us.

It's a fair result.

Warriors deserve a prelim had a better season then Newcastle.

I think they will make the Broncos earn there GF next week.

But Brisbane will make the GF a closer contest with Penrith.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I think the Warriors are close to an even chance against the Broncos. I'll be hoping they make it to another grand final.

But think the Panthers three-peat is now looking pretty good against whichever opposition.

emjaycee

Coach
What was the pre season final where Canberra played. Must have been back in the late 80’s
I was just telling a friend about when Mal Meninga kicked for touch and I said to my school mate “I reckon he is kicking it to me” it landed in my lap and and nearly broke 8 of my fingers. I will never forget that.
If you were at Parra Stadium, it was probably 1990.
This was the Challenge Cup preseason comp, which replaced the Panasonic Cup mid-week competition.

1694863157737.png

Gazzamatta

Coach
Is it a coincidence The Wahs have got so many things right in the space of one season?
A fantastic roster yes but many of these players were also rans last season. The improvement in Johnson, DWZ, CNK, AFB Montoya, Harris, Ford, Egan etc, etc is incredible. They have an amazing bench full of threats probably the best bench in the comp. They know their game and everyone buys in. Then of cause RTS and CHT return next season. Great recruitment.
What else has changed other than a new coach? Hes proved what can be done. Well done Wahs.

lucablight

First Grade
Is it a coincidence The Wahs have got so many things right in the space of one season?
A fantastic roster yes but many of these players were also rans last season. The improvement in Johnson, DWZ, CNK, AFB Montoya, Harris, Ford, Egan etc, etc is incredible. They have an amazing bench full of threats probably the best bench in the comp. They know their game and everyone buys in. Then of cause RTS and CHT return next season. Great recruitment.
What else has changed other than a new coach? Hes proved what can be done. Well done Wahs.
Nah the coach doesn’t matter. If a team is performing well it’s only because they have the best players.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Being settled back in NZ has probably helped.

Johnson best year as well.

Dylan walker is probably playing his best football as well as a roving bench player.

hindy111

Post Whore
Montoya was a reject as was DWZ. Right now DWZ is top 5 wingers in comp.
Johnson was washed up and back to his best.
The individual improvement across the park has been excellent.
One thing for sure is Egan should be in the origin mix next year. And Teddy shouldn't be close

King-Gutho94

Coach
Montoya was a reject as was DWZ. Right now DWZ is top 5 wingers in comp.
Johnson was washed up and back to his best.
The individual improvement across the park has been excellent.
One thing for sure is Egan should be in the origin mix next year. And Teddy shouldn't be close
The Dogs punted both DWZ and Montoya.

Still paying DWZ 500k a season.

While JAC bludges on the wing for 800k.

Well done Gus.