What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals 2023

the phantom menace

First Grade
I think Storm and Roosters will be close, neither are in great form and maybe home ground advantage pays off for the Storm?

I think Warriors at home are specials to get into the final four.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ive become a fan of Gamble. Low cost no doubt but as tough as they come. Im also a fan of Fogarty. A great kicking game and also tough as nails. They would be a fair combination for clubs like Bulldogs or Tigpies. Certainly loads better than what they have. I reckon a coach like Flanagan would improve them as well. Much better than hanging on to Hunt whos a great 9 but an average 7 particularly at 1.2 Million.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Warriors have only had 3 finals previously at Mt Smart.

Parramatta were involved in 1 of them and won 12-10 in 2007.

Sort of one of those forgotten finals no one really talks about.

Was that the game we defended like 6-7 sets in a row on our line and EGJ saved a try.

Didn’t we get a play binned that night as well?? I just remember being very drunk and nervous at the end of that one.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Didn’t we get a play binned that night as well?? I just remember being very drunk and nervous at the end of that one.
Seems like Billy Harrigan gave a penalty try in last 5 mins.

Those youtube highlights Gus almost blew a valve with 100 No's when it was given.

eels_fan

First Grade
Strangely have no recollection of that final whatsoever so was fun to watch that highlights package.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Strangely have no recollection of that final whatsoever so was fun to watch that highlights package.
Its the forgotten finals win of this century for Parra.

Maybe because no one went to it because it was in NZ haha. You don't remember those games as much.

I remember the Storm game from 2007 more as i went to Melbourne for the Prelim that year with my family to watch us get boned over by the officials again at the Docklands/Marvel Stadium.

Inu or Tahu scored a try that was called back from the Video ref which was BS and would have got us level.

Not the only time we have got dudded in Melbourne btw. Plus they were over the cap that year as well.

And i remember this drunken Storm fan got thrown out 8 rows in front of us trying to start a fight with a Parra fan.

Then gave all us Parra fans the finger in that bay as he got marched out as we all cheered the cops moving the wanker on.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So the Brave Roosters will have Drew Hutchison ( 75 games ) , Corey Allan ( ex origin ) and Momorowski ( GF winner ) coming in as a cover for their injured backs….

I mean it’s not quite Cini, lumelume and Dunster but still….

King-Gutho94

Coach
So the Brave Roosters will have Drew Hutchison ( 75 games ) , Corey Allan ( ex origin ) and Momorowski ( GF winner ) coming in as a cover for their injured backs….

I mean it’s not quite Cini, lumelume and Dunster but still….
Dunster, George Jennings and Takaraingi had to play a semi final against souths 3 years because we lost 3/4 of our backline in-between finals matches.

Where Waqa Blake was last man standing.

Talk about cursed.