What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 finals Eels v Souths at Bankwest (and team list)

Angry_eel

First Grade
My brother is a fairly decent local footy coach and went to our last game. Just n an FYI (he is a nobody) but at our last regular season game he said watching him live it was painfully obvious that Fergo is carrying a fairly decent injury. My bro watched him a lot off the ball and said he hopes he is carrying an injury because otherwise he’s f**ked.
Just thought I’d share :)
What was wrong with him "off the ball"?

Snoochies

First Grade
When our starting forwards come off, that's when we seem to crumble. Is Alvaro a worse option than Evans? He's a worker who will tackle his heart out. I'm not a coach, just a peasant.

emjaycee

Coach
I have thought the same thing for at least a couple of months.
Ever since Fergy had that fluid removed from his knee and came back after the week off (was it the round 10 Manly game) he hasn't had the same "enthusiasm" and although he is doing his job when asked, he has definitely been out of form. I remember that one time (not sure who against) where he was simply 5 metres behind the play when the ball went to where he should have been from Gutho or Moses and into touch. I definitely think he has an injury that is impacting his performance.

yy_cheng

Coach
I like Paulo on the bench. Rcg starts with Evans. Paulo and Oreo comes on later.

I would rather stone than Smith
Waqa left wing with Smith or takas

2 Jennings on right side

Eelogical

Referee
I agree with @lingard and @Gazzamatta that Waqa have served him a shit sandwich all year. When was the last time that Fergo has been given an opportunity by Waqa ? My recollection is that Gutho is the only merkin who gives him money balls.
These are the things that the coaching staff are paid to sort out.

Eelogical

Referee
If all teams were at full strength I’d say the Eels have a superior roster to all the teams in the NRL save the Roosters and Storm. We just haven’t gelled as a team in the second half of the season and some players have experienced a drastic loss in form i.e Moses, Sivo, Ferguson, Blake.
I dunno. From my point of view BA hasn't managed the team as well as other coaches when it comes to game time. Keep whipping the same team without giving some of them a decent break is going to end badly. On the surface it feels like we've been playing our best players longer minutes over the season as a whole to make up for our dodgy bench. A week off would have been handy, but here we are.

Incorrect

Coach
I like Paulo on the bench. Rcg starts with Evans. Paulo and Oreo comes on later.

I would rather stone than Smith
Waqa left wing with Smith or takas

2 Jennings on right side
With the bench named at the moment I'd be going Davey to start, Lane pushes up to the middle and Junior back to the bench. I'd want Junior coming on after 20 or so and playing pretty much the rest of the game if can manage it...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ever since Fergy had that fluid removed from his knee and came back after the week off (was it the round 10 Manly game) he hasn't had the same "enthusiasm" and although he is doing his job when asked, he has definitely been out of form. I remember that one time (not sure who against) where he was simply 5 metres behind the play when the ball went to where he should have been from Gutho or Moses and into touch. I definitely think he has an injury that is impacting his performance.
I wonder how injured a merkin has to be before his backup would be more effective. Obviously it also depends on the backup, but George goes forward and doesn't brainfart any more than Fergo does.

Eelogical

Referee
I think a lot of people think that. He's been around for a while, the injuries and his age are catching up with him. The combo with Blake hasn't worked out like we'd all hoped, either.

Gazzamatta

Coach
RCG looks injured. A huge problem for us.
Cant believe Evans gets another chance after that pathetically lazy effort to gift The Storm their second try.
Obviously Kaufusi has been hanging with Salmon and is now also in BAs bad books. That aside, I'm a fan of Stone but to choose him in front of Oregon is confusing to say the least particularly with Niukore missing.
Oh well. Fingers crossed.

Joely01

Bench
I’d like to see Kaufusi in for Evans, I wouldn’t be rewarding him with another start after his lazy effort coming on after the starters laid such a good platform to follow. He isn’t here next year and I think Kaufusi offers more already!
I think we also need to push Jnr to his absolute limits over the next few weeks (however long we remain)
We look better when he is on the field, let him go back to playing big minutes and have RCG, Kaufusi and lane (when he goes to middle forward) interchanging throughout!
Gennings was surprisingly strong for the warriors, let’s hope he continues that form!

emjaycee

Coach
I’d like to see Kaufusi in for Evans, I wouldn’t be rewarding him with another start after his lazy effort coming on after the starters laid such a good platform to follow. He isn’t here next year and I think Kaufusi offers more already!
I think we also need to push Jnr to his absolute limits over the next few weeks (however long we remain)
We look better when he is on the field, let him go back to playing big minutes and have RCG, Kaufusi and lane (when he goes to middle forward) interchanging throughout!
Gennings was surprisingly strong for the warriors, let’s hope he continues that form!
Thankfully the forecast is for 22c max on Saturday which is better than the 30c we had last weekend in Parramatta. At least Jnr wont expire from heat exhaustion if called on to play 60 mins.
I would play him for the first 35 and then bring him back on for the last 25.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Id be interested to hear, if anyone noticed whether Lane was used only on the edge last game or did he also spend minutes in the middle? Whatever it was do it again because he had a massive game last week. When you're on a good thing stick to it.

Joely01

Bench
Thankfully the forecast is for 22c max on Saturday which is better than the 30c we had last weekend in Parramatta. At least Jnr wont expire from heat exhaustion if called on to play 60 mins.
I would play him for the first 35 and then bring him back on for the last 25.

id play him close to 80! If he can’t do it, then those minutes you stated.
I don’t want to see Evans on the field, you can’t reward that performance last week!

Eelementary

Post Whore

This.

I was disgusted by Evans' effort on Saturday.

I reckon Oregon is already a better player, anyway.