What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 finals Eels v Souths at Bankwest (and team list)

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd be playing Junior for 60 minutes straight, and resting him the final 20 minutes, if we have a lead.

Imo, if he plays the first 60, he can hopefully help us secure a lead, and then RCG, Lane, etc. can defend us to a win.

Noise

Coach
id play him close to 80! If he can’t do it, then those minutes you stated.
Same. I don’t want to see Evans on the field, you can’t reward that performance last week!
Evans has had lazy dumb shit in him almost every game this year. I am always shocked that he continues to get picked and even more shocked that he keeps producing the same dumb lazy efforts without repercussion.

Joely01

Bench
I'd be playing Junior for 60 minutes straight, and resting him the final 20 minutes, if we have a lead.

Imo, if he plays the first 60, he can hopefully help us secure a lead, and then RCG, Lane, etc. can defend us to a win.

My thoughts exactly, run him to a stand still!! Him and Matto offloading around the souths forwards (which for mine is how you beat souths, target their forwards)

Eelementary

Post Whore
My thoughts exactly, run him to a stand still!! Him and Matto offloading around the souths forwards (which for mine is how you beat souths, target their forwards)

Exactly!

I'm concerned that bringing him on with 25 minutes left may be too late; however, if he plays 60 minutes straight, then (possession willing, of course) he can help us establish a lead, rather than potentially chase points, or defend a lead.

Paulo is a good defender, but because he is such a huge human, his lateral movement, and agility, aren't as good as RCG's, and if we are defending a lead, he mightn't be the best option.

But he is definitely the best option to create a lead.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Exactly!

I'm concerned that bringing him on with 25 minutes left may be too late; however, if he plays 60 minutes straight, then (possession willing, of course) he can help us establish a lead, rather than potentially chase points, or defend a lead.

Paulo is a good defender, but because he is such a huge human, his lateral movement, and agility, aren't as good as RCG's, and if we are defending a lead, he mightn't be the best option.

But he is definitely the best option to create a lead.

I'm not sure I want Kane Evans defending in the "championship minutes". Maybe, Kane Evans to start for 15-20 minutes then have Paulo come on for the rest of the game? Ideally, Evans isn't in the team

hindy111

Post Whore
I’d like to see Kaufusi in for Evans, I wouldn’t be rewarding him with another start after his lazy effort coming on after the starters laid such a good platform to follow. He isn’t here next year and I think Kaufusi offers more already!
I think we also need to push Jnr to his absolute limits over the next few weeks (however long we remain)
We look better when he is on the field, let him go back to playing big minutes and have RCG, Kaufusi and lane (when he goes to middle forward) interchanging throughout!
Gennings was surprisingly strong for the warriors, let’s hope he continues that form!

I wouldn't. Kafusi next season I feel will be better then Evans but at this point I still prefer Kane. More experienced.

I could go either way with Stone or Alvaro. I prefer Stone but again the experience of Alvaro if we needed 50mins.

hindy111

Post Whore

I prefer Jnr or Rcg come on after 18-20mins.

We just lose to much bang when both are off together.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not sure I want Kane Evans defending in the "championship minutes". Maybe, Kane Evans to start for 15-20 minutes then have Paulo come on for the rest of the game? Ideally, Evans isn't in the team

Yep - I'm happy with Evans f**king right off, the lazy bludger.

But maybe starting with Evans, and then bringing on Paulo to finish the game, may help, like you said.

Joely01

Bench
I wouldn't. Kafusi next season I feel will be better then Evans but at this point I still prefer Kane. More experienced.

I could go either way with Stone or Alvaro. I prefer Stone but again the experience of Alvaro if we needed 50mins.

More experience, are you serious! Worst reason I can think of!
Your beloved panthers are showing the opposite works, hungry young players!!

Hes experience is of pure laziness with one good game every 10! Kaufusi every day of the week and twice on a Sunday for a family roast!

hindy111

Post Whore
More experience, are you serious! Worst reason I can think of!
Your beloved panthers are showing the opposite works, hungry young players!!

Hes experience is of pure laziness with one good game every 10! Kaufusi every day of the week and twice on a Sunday for a family roast!

I much prefer Kafusi for next year. But not in this one. He dropped to many balls off simple hit ups for mine. Needs another offseason.
Had he played more mins during the year then perhaps but I just dont feel like he has and unsure he could plays 45mins if needed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don’t mind the idea of Waqa on the wing tbh if it ends up eventuating. Similar player to Fergo, strong runner, athletic, decent under attacking kicks.

Whatever gets him the f**k out of centre anyways.

Personally, my only issue with Blake on the wing, is that Waqa Blake is a lazy player, and doesn't go looking for work.

Fergo works his arse off every game, making hard runs, as does Gutho.

Sivo is lazy, and I fear that Waqa is even lazier.

Latest posts