What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals v Melbourne

Girds89

Bench
Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Only negative is tagos arm/pec looks strapped on. He was a deadset turnstile tonight which is highly unlike him.

I know it was his first game back in 9 weeks... Hopefully another week of strength and conditioning gives him a bit of confidence.

Naths kicking was rubbish to in the first 20 or 30.. he deadset shanked 3 or 4. It was obvious in the presser he knew he could do better..but he flicked the switch 30 odd in...

Yeo was deadset a freak tonight..

Fish same.

Moses amd marto not far behind.

Soro and dyl just ever reliable and Brian just went full beast mode every time we looked to ne struggling.

Honestly... and i dont say this to be cocky...

We can get better... and thats scary...

Naths kicking for the ladt 45/50 tonight was great... do it for 80.

Tags and luai will be better for the run..

What a win. What a team.

I want to win next week so bad... but whatever happens i love this team..

I just can't believe we are there again..

So proud

Kilkenny

Coach
Tago will surely be better for the hit out tonight.

Pectoral issues are serious, no glossing over it, a confidence thing as much as anything.

We need to back him, he deserves it, he will bounce back I’m am sure.

Kilkenny

Coach
Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Only negative is tagos arm/pec looks strapped on. He was a deadset turnstile tonight which is highly unlike him.

I know it was his first game back in 9 weeks... Hopefully another week of strength and conditioning gives him a bit of confidence.

Naths kicking was rubbish to in the first 20 or 30.. he deadset shanked 3 or 4. It was obvious in the presser he knew he could do better..but he flicked the switch 30 odd in...

Yeo was deadset a freak tonight..

Fish same.

Moses amd marto not far behind.

Soro and dyl just ever reliable and Brian just went full beast mode every time we looked to ne struggling.

Honestly... and i dont say this to be cocky...

We can get better... and thats scary...

Naths kicking for the ladt 45/50 tonight was great... do it for 80.

Tags and luai will be better for the run..

What a win. What a team.

I want to win next week so bad... but whatever happens i love this team..

I just can't believe we are there again..

So proud
I thought Nathan’s kicking game was fine.

The Storm try was on the last play, Tago makes a tackle he would normally make all good our ball. He missed it, it happens, particularly given his lack of confidence in his shoulder and Justin Olam will punish you in that situation.

The one try aside, it was competitive for the first 10-15 then game over. Never gave them a sniff after that.

Just relentless pressure in attack and defence.

Great performance. Very enjoyable.

Takeaways -

Yeo - best on field by a mile. Even better than Cleary. He lead the way for the forwards, always looks threatening, does all the shitty 1% mud work and doesn’t flinch, covers ground to make tackles and seems almost impossible to bring down on first contact. He has ox strength. Played a true 10/10 game. Anyone still doubt he isn’t the best lock in the game? Blokes done it 4 years straight!

Fish/Leota/Leniu - this was a 1,2,3 left right left hook combo. Absolute monsters through the middle, especially Fish he made this personal. Tore Storm to pieces in that second stint. Leota was a defensive machine, hit like tractor every tackle. They might not have the best stats week to week but they have that unquantifiable measure in their game which is pure leadership and alpha dog mentality to do everything possible to get on top of opponents.

Cleary - masterclass! If Yeo was 10/10 then Cleary was slightly behind at 9/10. Not perfect game, kicking was abit wayward at times. But he controlled the tempo of the game perfect and once Luai was subbed stepped into the next gear. This bloke is incredible.

Luai/Tago - what injuries? Luai was dancing swerving and up to his regular hard to contain self. Looked good, not much rust about him. Played really well, when Cogger came on it was also seamless. Made his tackles, got through work and didn’t shy away. Tago, beaten once by Olam and since then as he does every time he is stood up gets mad and gets good! 100+m, 2 try assist, line break, this bloke played once in 9 game? Fooled me! He will be better for the run for next week!

Kenny - what a great performance. It was one of those you don’t realise how good it was until you watch the replay. Did his work, no accolades but great to see Matty Johns in commentary give Mitch his roses. Kenny does the small things really well and that’s all he needs to do! Isn’t there to be the greatest hooker in the game, he is there to be the greatest hooker in the panthers system and no one does is better! Made his tackles, passes were crisp. Any doubters still?

T’oo/Turuva - animals out back. Ran, made post contact meters. Tries. I guess another day at the office! Best wing combo in the game.

Crichton/Edwards - Watch out! They were relatively quiet this game! Which means they will be primed for next week!!

Congratulations Panthers fans! I will use all my dark magic voodoo to help Panthers win next week! What a team, squad, club! Fingers crossed my Bears get up tomorrow! Would make it a perfect weekend for me! Let’s go!

Seve tried to rough up JFH...fail
Loiero tried to rough up Marto...fail
NAS tried to rough up Nathan...fail

Bizza's first 2 tries were a direct result of Nathan taking advantage of Loiero being out of position and Munster clueless with what to do when isolated.

Marto's big fend on Munster was nearly the same because Romey noticed Loiero mid field and isolated Munster again.

It's obvious our tackle technique worries the bigger players, around the legs has been the most effective way for over 100 years now.

Our defence has stayed similar for 4 years now, but the subtle differences in attack have been so positive, we have now been able to sometimes pile on the points.

Whoever we play next week, just legs tackles and not catch and wrestle will go a long way to winning 3 straight.

soc123_au

Staff member
Guys we are somehow in a 4th straight GF. Soak it in this won't happen again
It will be 5 next year. Lock it in.

Ivan is showing he is the real deal in the Supercoach conversation. He is getting better each year at timing the run, when to rest, when to go hard. Considering the support staff we have lost the last few years as well, the replacements come in and we dont miss a beat. Ivan has written the Hymn book and has everyone singing along.

I don't think there has been a team in living memory this motivated to succeed every week. It doesn't look like that motivation is going away anytime soon.

It will be 5 next year. Lock it in.

Ivan is showing he is the real deal in the Supercoach conversation. He is getting better each year at timing the run, when to rest, when to go hard. Considering the support staff we have lost the last few years as well, the replacements come in and we dont miss a beat. Ivan has written the Hymn book and has everyone singing along.

I don't think there has been a team in living memory this motivated to succeed every week. It doesn't look like that motivation is going away anytime soon

Especially the rehab and medical, personnel

Pomoz

Bench
Seve tried to rough up JFH...fail
Loiero tried to rough up Marto...fail
NAS tried to rough up Nathan...fail

Bizza's first 2 tries were a direct result of Nathan taking advantage of Loiero being out of position and Munster clueless with what to do when isolated.

Marto's big fend on Munster was nearly the same because Romey noticed Loiero mid field and isolated Munster again.

It's obvious our tackle technique worries the bigger players, around the legs has been the most effective way for over 100 years now.

Our defence has stayed similar for 4 years now, but the subtle differences in attack have been so positive, we have now been able to sometimes pile on the points.

Whoever we play next week, just legs tackles and not catch and wrestle will go a long way to winning 3 straight.
I said earlier that if you are trying to intimidate and rough up the Panthers, then you haven't been paying attention.
Most of the team are from the riff area, or country towns in Australia and NZ. If you had lived in those areas you would realise the "riff" doesn't breed latte sipping, boutique beer drinking, effete posers, its a proper locale with salt of the earth working people, down to earth and straight talking (Its a bit like St Helens in the UK. Better weather though). The Panthers team reflect that DNA. Tough, uncompromising, humble.

The team isn't thuggish. We don't go out JWH style taking cheap shots at players, but if you want a bit of biff, we are happy to accomodate you. You can't make four straight grand finals if you can be roughed up and put of your game by biff.

They purposely bashed Nathan, but he is a lot tougher than he looks. I think roughing him up, just made him more determined and fired up the team. I did warn them, don't poke the bear.

Pjf04b

Juniors
We are creating a generation of supporters who only know success. They will ensure there is no return to the extended bad old days!

Crashtest

Juniors
Takeaways -

Yeo - best on field by a mile. Even better than Cleary. He lead the way for the forwards, always looks threatening, does all the shitty 1% mud work and doesn’t flinch, covers ground to make tackles and seems almost impossible to bring down on first contact. He has ox strength. Played a true 10/10 game. Anyone still doubt he isn’t the best lock in the game? Blokes done it 4 years straight!

Fish/Leota/Leniu - this was a 1,2,3 left right left hook combo. Absolute monsters through the middle, especially Fish he made this personal. Tore Storm to pieces in that second stint. Leota was a defensive machine, hit like tractor every tackle. They might not have the best stats week to week but they have that unquantifiable measure in their game which is pure leadership and alpha dog mentality to do everything possible to get on top of opponents.

Cleary - masterclass! If Yeo was 10/10 then Cleary was slightly behind at 9/10. Not perfect game, kicking was abit wayward at times. But he controlled the tempo of the game perfect and once Luai was subbed stepped into the next gear. This bloke is incredible.

Luai/Tago - what injuries? Luai was dancing swerving and up to his regular hard to contain self. Looked good, not much rust about him. Played really well, when Cogger came on it was also seamless. Made his tackles, got through work and didn’t shy away. Tago, beaten once by Olam and since then as he does every time he is stood up gets mad and gets good! 100+m, 2 try assist, line break, this bloke played once in 9 game? Fooled me! He will be better for the run for next week!

Kenny - what a great performance. It was one of those you don’t realise how good it was until you watch the replay. Did his work, no accolades but great to see Matty Johns in commentary give Mitch his roses. Kenny does the small things really well and that’s all he needs to do! Isn’t there to be the greatest hooker in the game, he is there to be the greatest hooker in the panthers system and no one does is better! Made his tackles, passes were crisp. Any doubters still?

T’oo/Turuva - animals out back. Ran, made post contact meters. Tries. I guess another day at the office! Best wing combo in the game.

Crichton/Edwards - Watch out! They were relatively quiet this game! Which means they will be primed for next week!!

Congratulations Panthers fans! I will use all my dark magic voodoo to help Panthers win next week! What a team, squad, club! Fingers crossed my Bears get up tomorrow! Would make it a perfect weekend for me! Let’s go!

Agree with everything you said! But think Sorry deserves a huge rap as well. Last night he ran strongly for nearly 150m, made 29 tackle at over 90%, and 2nd most post contact metres with 63.

I know Yeo, JFH and Martin are the forwards that get all the praise in the media, but Sorro is truly one of the unsung hero’s in this team.

MugaB

Coach
I said earlier that if you are trying to intimidate and rough up the Panthers, then you haven't been paying attention.
Most of the team are from the riff area, or country towns in Australia and NZ. If you had lived in those areas you would realise the "riff" doesn't breed latte sipping, boutique beer drinking, effete posers, its a proper locale with salt of the earth working people, down to earth and straight talking (Its a bit like St Helens in the UK. Better weather though). The Panthers team reflect that DNA. Tough, uncompromising, humble.

The team isn't thuggish. We don't go out JWH style taking cheap shots at players, but if you want a bit of biff, we are happy to accomodate you. You can't make four straight grand finals if you can be roughed up and put of your game by biff.

They purposely bashed Nathan, but he is a lot tougher than he looks. I think roughing him up, just made him more determined and fired up the team. I did warn them, don't poke the bear.
They poked it, and Liam Martin came out of it swinging

Pretty much everyone. There doesn't really seem to be a weak area within the whole club. Crazy really. What a time to be alive in a Panthers jersey.
Remember those leading doctors, and Gus, emphatically stating that Luai should not have played last night, let alone starting? Fortunately Ivan ignored them, and the rehab worked hard to get Luai and Tago, fit

Latest posts