What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals v Melbourne

MugaB

Coach
Yes but the plan would be the develop Smith into a starting middle.

You are looking at Smith as he currently is not with another pre season of development
Smith doesn't cut people in half... he bear hugs them to the ground... he is a great younger version of Yeo or Eiso... need guys that smash the other middles around... thats Martin, Leota, Fish, and Leniu, hell even kenny hits like a brickshithouse

Iamback

Coach
Smith doesn't cut people in half... he bear hugs them to the ground... he is a great younger version of Yeo or Eiso... need guys that smash the other middles around... thats Martin, Leota, Fish, and Leniu, hell even kenny hits like a brickshithouse

Yeah but none of them have his passing game, that is where the side can evolve.

I'd have Hosking and Garner in the 17, That allows Sorro or Martin middle minutes.

We aren't going to buy anyone, We have a couple in the system that are closer to Spencer but they need time. So short term need to play with what we have

mxlegend99

Referee
Full strength 17. Good luck stopping that!
Storm can give us a run 1 to 7 (we're ahead still).. and they have the edge at 9.

But f**k me this is two very mismatched packs. Which makes the better hooker irrelevant and makes the gap between the 1 to 7s go from small to massive..

Theyll need a lot of guys punching above their weight to go more than 30 minutes with us IMO.

Iamback

Coach
Storm can give us a run 1 to 7 (we're ahead still).. and they have the edge at 9.

But f**k me this is two very mismatched packs. Which makes the better hooker irrelevant and makes the gap between the 1 to 7s go from small to massive..

Theyll need a lot of guys punching above their weight to go more than 30 minutes with us IMO.

Especially when you throw in our week off. Grant in particular looks very tired and has done a huge workload. They need to find a 2nd hooker big time.

Munky

Coach
Garner/Cogger named on the bench as expected.

Tough on Hosking but Garner has played plenty of centre at NRL level

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I wouldn't be suprised if Cogger starts and Luai is only used if game got desperate. Say 20 to go and scores are very close.

Cogger is in great form and I am unsure if there is a rush on Jerome.

Cogger is a plodder so less of him the better.

Luai attracts attention, especially injured. Olam was dropped for rushing out of the line, Luai there tempts that and gives Crichton space and he will burn them

Latest posts