What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals v Melbourne

Fangs

Coach
Good to see but means very little at this stage. Gotta wait for the final lineup as there could be multiple changes.

Either way our pack and bench even with a couple changes looks very good. Melbourne will be in for a tough match.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Good to see but means very little at this stage. Gotta wait for the final lineup as there could be multiple changes.

Either way our pack and bench even with a couple changes looks very good. Melbourne will be in for a tough match.
The gane is completely in our hands which is nice. Do our thing and we win

Black Panther

Juniors
I picked us to come 1st but agreed with the back to the pack sentiment.

What I overestimated was the strength of the other 16 squads. I assumed teams like the Roosters and Storm would go to another level and really challenge us. In the regular season that hasn't been the case. They've still got one more game on Friday night to change that but I don't see it.
Hosking not named in the 17
Not many predicted Penrith to finish top 4 again, let alone be ,minor Premiers.
Hosking will probably come straight in if Tago is out, with Garner starting.

Black Panther

Juniors
The player I really feel sorry for is Salmon. Does a real good job for us with his limited minutes and doesn’t make many mistakes. Is he injured?

Fangs

Coach
The player I really feel sorry for is Salmon. Does a real good job for us with his limited minutes and doesn’t make many mistakes. Is he injured?

Signed with the Dogs and already has a premiership ring. And plenty would argue he isn't in the best 17 anyway even though he was for 17 rounds this year.

I think they are looking to reward other players with a mind to the future.

Signed with the Dogs and already has a premiership ring. And plenty would argue he isn't in the best 17 anyway even though he was for 17 rounds this year.

I think they are looking to reward other players with a mind to the future.
He has always done the job. I would like to think that him not being in the 17 is a reflection of what we need and our players available, rather than reward or punishment for where you will be playing next year.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He has always done the job. I would like to think that him not being in the 17 is a reflection of what we need and our players available, rather than reward or punishment for where you will be playing next year.
At first carrying Luke for his little cameos was the reason and then Peachey's form kept him out. Now it's Cogger needing to cover Luai.

Just unlucky he's been sould for us

BxTom

Bench
We played Kikau and Api last year regardless of their future destination. Admittedly more important to our success perhaps.

MugaB

Coach
Garner/Cogger named on the bench as expected.

Tough on Hosking but Garner has played plenty of centre at NRL level

Again, in a wooden spoon team, doesn't mean he is good at it... fmd ive repeated this plenty of times, i dont mind him as cover, and a 2nd row benchie, but a full game at centre or backrow, and we will leak points

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Again, in a wooden spoon team, doesn't mean he is good at it... fmd ive repeated this plenty of times, i dont mind him as cover, and a 2nd row benchie, but a full game at centre or backrow, and we will leak points
Except in that last game, that doesn’t count right….

Iamback

Coach

yeah but you are picking him as cover only

age.s

First Grade
When a bloke comes in and plays well he should be rewarded with another opportunity if possible. You can't underestimate how much that kind of thing does for the motivation of a squad. Keeps players at all levels hungry because they know good work will be rewarded.

Garner played really well against NZ and while Hosking and Salmon haven't done too much wrong, at the end of the there's only 17 spots. There's plenty of guys in this squad who deserve a ring and won't get one.

MugaB

Coach
Except in that last game, that doesn’t count right….
Maybe we should play him in at centre, when shaun johnson is on the field, or reece walsh stripping numbers on an edge for the bronx, then we'll see who's right at our own detriment at a possible 3peat

age.s

First Grade
Maybe we should play him in at centre, when shaun johnson is on the field, or reece walsh stripping numbers on an edge for the bronx, then we'll see who's right at our own detriment at a possible 3peat
I don't like the idea of Peachey or Hosking in that hypothetical either.

Hopefully its just Tago and Critta and the whole thing is academic.