What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird but very cool

carcharias

Immortal
Today I pulled over to take a phone call next to penshurst park.

I saw what I assumed was a game of soccer.

When I finally looked up I noticed it was about 30 Asian kids
having a game of footy.
Just touch footy...some of these kids were like lightening.
It was awesome.

A colleague of mine always asks about footy , he is Chinese and his son is right into it.

I reckon there could be a few more kids ( ABC) aus born Chinese start to play
nrl .
I must admit it was like 15 halfbacks v 15 halfbacks.

But they had some great hand eye stuff going on.

Anyone see these kids playing weekend footy.

I don't watch kids footy... My kids are too young .

beads6

First Grade
If some Chinese kids do ever make the grade we could have some very funny names being called out during the game.

Benji Magic

Juniors
I played against Cabramatta in juniors and they had a few asian kids in the team but when I played them in A grade there were none, i'd say most would be just too small to make NRL.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I played against Cabramatta in juniors and they had a few asian kids in the team but when I played them in A grade there were none, i'd say most would be just too small to make NRL.

Too small those Asians...
Asashoryu-Sumo-Wrestler1.jpg

Jimminy

Juniors
Funny this came up. I was at my kids' swimming lesson with my broncos jersey on. An asian (excuse my ignorance but I don't know what nationality - was a big, fit looking dude) dad whose kid was also in the lesson came up to me and started chatting about the broncos. He had a fairly thick accent so I guess he wasn't born in Australia. He brought up Teo's suspension among other things. He was right into it. Very cool chat.

carcharias

Immortal
Hurstville has a pretty big Asian community and these kids I saw had to be from there abouts.
Be only a matter of time before one of them go onto play 1st grade.
A local ABC that is...
Geeze I could go a Kung Pow chicken right now.

Last edited:

greenhat

Juniors
Warriors halfback Shaun Johnson is half Laotian, and I think there's been a few other asians here and there in the NRL.