What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Fitzy

Start a thread QS where you can just post to yourself each time something bad happens that you can attribute to Fitz arriving and or Bomber leaving.

I will start one and do the same for all the good stuff that happens when he gets here. I won’t even add Hynes to it even though Fitz is the reason he is a shark next year.
That would all be fine as long as you stick to it and don't keep bringing up crap about what Morris would or would not have done every time you need an excuse when things aren't going strictly to plan . I really would like to get on board Dino/Fitz Train but makes it hard if the new culture is going to involve constantly blaming someone( who is gone and cant defend themselves,), for setbacks rather than owning the problem doing something to solve it and moving on.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
That would all be fine as long as you stick to it and don't keep bringing up crap about what Morris would or would not have done every time you need an excuse when things aren't going strictly to plan . I really would like to get on board Dino/Fitz Train but makes it hard if the new culture is going to involve constantly blaming someone( who is gone and cant defend themselves,), for setbacks rather than owning the problem doing something to solve it and moving on.
I’ve not mentioned bomber for months. If I looked I’m sure I’d find a post where I actually said he is gone and now it’s up to the players.

Quicksilver

Bench
Start a thread QS where you can just post to yourself each time something bad happens that you can attribute to Fitz arriving and or Bomber leaving.

I will start one and do the same for all the good stuff that happens when he gets here. I won’t even add Hynes to it even though Fitz is the reason he is a shark next year.
We signed the Origin 3 18th man with About 4 million cap space. Amazing that could happen.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
We signed the Origin 3 18th man with About 4 million cap space. Amazing that could happen.
This is where you let yourself down… Hynes is on record as saying he wasn’t even considering Cronulla as an option until he spoke to Fitz.

I was even going to exclude this from good things Fitz will bring but now you went there it’s back to the top of the list.

Ads

First Grade
Who really thinks bomber wouldn’t have signed Chad to another deal. I mean come on, he was all in on Chad.

Stake Removed

First Grade
There was never a mention of Chad leaving when bomber was here, soon as Fitz came in board Chad knew he was not wanted, that's why he was looking for a another team.
To the point that considering that Moylan/SJ are injury prone, we were happy to let Chad go mid season.
That show far done pecking order he went

Quicksilver

Bench
There was never a mention of Chad leaving when bomber was here, soon as Fitz came in board Chad knew he was not wanted, that's why he was looking for a another team.
To the point that considering that Moylan/SJ are injury prone, we were happy to let Chad go mid season.

There was never a mention of it while Flanno was coach for his second term either.

It’s funny, processes take place over time.

At the end of the day he was signed to a modest contract compared to what he was offered by FarNQ. And the second year wasn’t even in his favour as constantly regurgitated by many on here.

DJDL

Bench
I understand you are not happy re Morris, but from day he left, it took a few weeks but team and club are going forward.
We know Morris would have kept Chad, SJ, Woods we are better off without them

So which is it? “From the day he left”? Or after “a few weeks”? 😜

Quicksilver

Bench
This is where you let yourself down… Hynes is on record as saying he wasn’t even considering Cronulla as an option until he spoke to Fitz.

I was even going to exclude this from good things Fitz will bring but now you went there it’s back to the top of the list.
Haha. Why would he consider a club that hadn’t offered him anything?

Why would he sit there thinking “hmmm... Cronulla is nice in the winter time.“

Why would Morris have even initiated discussions with him (or any other player) if he wasn’t in the position to negotiate contracts for next year?

Anyway, with 4 mil to spare, I reckon we could probably entice Clive Churchill out of being dead to have a run with us.

I know you’re keen to buy in, but come on.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Someone find me the Hynes quote on what made him want to be a shark… I’m done with QS and his bomber love. Bloke was going nowhere and taking us with him.

Quicksilver

Bench
Someone find me the Hynes quote on what made him want to be a shark… I’m done with QS and his bomber love. Bloke was going nowhere and taking us with him.

Directing people around like you’re Kim Jong. Can someone get him a cup of tea as well please?

It’s not unusual for a player to talk up a new coach, you know.

The club was stagnant due to terrible use of the cap. Bomber did well with the tools he was given. Fitz gets given a blank cheque book and you make comparisons. It’s laughable.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Chad was yet to receive the offer.

I am not saying Morris would not want him, but nobody gives up @750k pay rise with 3 year tenure to keep a job that pays 250k less for one year. It is fanciful bull.

To be clear I am not a fan of Fred's Dog, I can hope he stick to his skills of bean counting and leaves footy related to those who have skills on that.

On Fitz, I have no opinion, he is yet to coach first grade. Good assistants do not always translate into good head coach, but some do. So we will see.

I have very low expections for at least 2 years. We are rebuilding, yet again since 2016. Very young squad with all the experience leaving for various reasons.

Latest posts