What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

mongoose

Coach
Does anyone actually describe themselves as being from Moreton bay? couldn’t imagine telling people I live in a particular suburb or council area when asked.
In casual conversation I don't think so but some people disagree.... It used to be Pine Rivers Shire, Redcliffe Shire and Caboolture Shire. They amalgamated into Moreton Bay council in the late 2000s. I know people who still say they are from "Pine Rivers".

xe_kilroy

Juniors
Should just go by Redcliffe. There are Sydney teams like Penrith, Cronulla, cool names, people follow them who don't even live there. Redcliffe is a unique name like that. In time fans will follow them from all over.

that's the problem with "Moreton Bay". It can mean two different things - you have the actual Moreton Bay which covers Bribie Island down to the Gold Coast or you have Moreton Bay regional council which only covers a bunch of suburbs north of Brisbane, some of those suburbs which would already be heavily Broncos supporters.
The biggest problem with covering the actual bayside suburbs adjacent to Moreton Bay is there's a lot of Wynnum Manly supporters who hate Redcliffe. Unless they merged with the Seagulls it would be hard to see it working.

Colk

First Grade

TheGrifter

Juniors
Should just go by Redcliffe. There are Sydney teams like Penrith, Cronulla, cool names, people follow them who don't even live there. Redcliffe is a unique name like that. In time fans will follow them from all over.
I think you're right, Redcliffe is the best option.

Australian sports fans are very familiar with clubs with names derived from suburbs, which represent wider areas around them. Parramatta, Canterbury, etc.

Maybe the dolphins could give a nod to the wider region by changing their name to Redcliffe-Moreton Bay, ala the hyphenated Sydney clubs.

TheGrifter

Juniors
Does anyone actually describe themselves as being from Moreton bay? couldn’t imagine telling people I live in a particular suburb or council area when asked.
I lived in Brisbane a while back and I can't remember Moreton Bay being used to describe the area. I think a couple of local councils merged about 15 years ago and formed Moreton Bay Council. I wonder if they just made up the name?

I lived in Brisbane a while back and I can't remember Moreton Bay being used to describe the area. I think a couple of local councils merged about 15 years ago and formed Moreton Bay Council. I wonder if they just made up the name?
That's exactly what happened. Peter Beattie was behind it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Memberships have gone on sale. Interestingly they have dropped the 2 game sunshine coast membership putting in doubt if they are playing games there.
They've also dropped the stand alone 3 game Dolphin stadium membership. Only way to see games at Dolphin stadium now is to buy a 10 game membership.
They've also loaded the price of the Dolphin stadium games. Suncorp games in silver category are $26 each, Dolphin stadium $47 each.

Some really good value options as well, Bronze is only $16.50 a game adults and $8.50 child at Suncorp inc a membership pack. Thats a bargain!

MugaB

Coach
Memberships have gone on sale. Interestingly they have dropped the 2 game sunshine coast membership putting in doubt if they are playing games there.
They've also dropped the stand alone 3 game Dolphin stadium membership. Only way to see games at Dolphin stadium now is to buy a 10 game membership.
They've also loaded the price of the Dolphin stadium games. Suncorp games in silver category are $26 each, Dolphin stadium $47 each.

Some really good value options as well, Bronze is only $16.50 a game adults and $8.50 child at Suncorp inc a membership pack. Thats a bargain!
I think you're right regional gmes must be on the agenda, or they would have advertised more games at either redcliffe or suncorp, must be CQ, rocky most probably

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think you're right regional gmes must be on the agenda, or they would have advertised more games at either redcliffe or suncorp, must be CQ, rocky most probably
Yeh they have linked up with Capras so would make sense to play a couple up there you'd think. End of day it will come down to which Council or stadium will pay for them to play there, if none they'll probably end up with 2 more at Redcliffe. Ironically WA Govt wants more NRL content. Be funny if they played 2 games over here lol.

MugaB

Coach
Yeh they have linked up with Capras so would make sense to play a couple up there you'd think. End of day it will come down to which Council or stadium will pay for them to play there, if none they'll probably end up with 2 more at Redcliffe. Ironically WA Govt wants more NRL content. Be funny if they played 2 games over here lol.
Correct colors atleast

Colk

First Grade

Latest posts