What metric are you classing them as a success? What metric do you expect team 18 to excel in?
I’ll answer that:
1. It’s the National Rugby League. It’s nice to have a team in each major state to validate the name;
2. Offering the code to more kids to play - participation.
3. Money- the place is loaded and will be the beneficiary of massive renewable energy projects over the next twenty years. Population growth will be significant and the opportunity to grow the game significant. Watch this space. It’s about to happen in the Hunter and North Queensland as well by the way. Renewable energy is a run away train of economic opportunities as coal and oil are petering out as energy options.
4. Justice. Perth Reds grief is real and the Reds should never have been chucked. Doesn’t justify his anti Sydney agenda though.
5. The potential playing base there is real and with union falling over itself to be incompetent, it’s there for the taking.
There endeth the lesson.