What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done Slater, Monahgan, and Williams..

Ghoulies

Bench
Why, so the Kiwis could have won by more?

I re-iterate - what has cutie done in the last 2 seasons?
Played consistent, mistake free football, and not to mention combine well with the Australian 5/8 and halfback over 3 Origin series and half a dozen test matches.

Do you even watch Broncos games? I'd be stunned if you watched more than a few Brisbane games a year, yet here you are blabbing on as if you have some sort of clue as to what sort of form Hunt has been in.

effnic

Bench
There always has to be one of these threads i guess. Australia lost because they started to believe they were unbeatable, simple as that. It wasnt one pass this bloke did or one missed tackle the other bloke did. For the record whats with the Watmough/Williams bashing they played fine.

watatank

Coach
Why, so the Kiwis could have won by more?

I re-iterate - what has cutie done in the last 2 seasons?

Our best back 3 is Stewart, Hayne, Williams. Folau and Hodges at centre, with Slater and Tate as subs.

Hunt isn't going to win you a game like Slater can but he isn't going to lose you a game, like Slater can. Hunt has proven that over time, particularly under pressure situations. Slater is yet to have done the same.

As for the best back three, that's not even the best back three for NSW let alone Australia.

AILD

Bench
Slater should have been replaced after that stupid play. It did show why Brett Stewart and Hunt are better Aussie fullbacks. Australia really missed Hodges, as that would allow Folau to play wing and then spastic 1 or 2 (Williams or Monagahan) would be out!

you are the spastic.

slater set up two tries... did other good things in attack...made one stuff up (1 of few the entire series) and your saying he should have been replaced? he didnt lose us the game...they won by more than 1 try. what about lockyer's piss poor defence?

Hunt is sh*t...

stewart i like....but i thought slater deserved selection slightly more than brett.

AILD

Bench
slater has been on fire this through-out this year and during the world cup.

even the biggest slater haters would agree.

gurudave

Juniors
Hopefully all the Billy Slater worshippers will finally step down from the pedestal for a while. K Hunt as I have said for the past 2 years is the hands down number 1 rep fullback. This persistance with Slater is an absolute farce. Never thought as such a proud Aussie I'd be happy with this result but the selector's and coach's choices have now been thorougly exposed.

Bman26

Juniors
all i have is lol for this place, 1 poor decision in an entire world cup, just one and you crucify the guy(re: slater, also monas), thurston looked 3 plays behind the whole game yet didnt get a mention till the second page, toupo gave away a silly penalty with his first tackle, lockyer bombed a try.

Hanscholo

Bench
NZ forwards utterly destroyed our pack, and if anyone had bothered to look, all the signs were there. Why they insist on picking Ricky Stuarts mates is beyond me. If our forwards werent so utterly lame then perhaps our backs might not have been inder so much pressure.

Two props wtf.Manly and Melbourne have shown you need 4 to win.Our squad was always 1-2 props short.Did we need Boyd?
As for Slater well aint karma a bitch.As good as he is he will always cost his team a game every now and then through ineptitude and sheer merkinness.

AILD

Bench
Two props wtf.Manly and Melbourne have shown you need 4 to win.Our squad was always 1-2 props short.Did we need Boyd?
As for Slater well aint karma a bitch.As good as he is he will always cost his team a game every now and then through ineptitude and sheer merkinness.

yeah shame on him for trying something...might not have been the best choice to make at the time...but f**k everyone stuffs up. if he had made the break and went 100 metres to score you would be all over his sack right now.

berks.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
sticky.jpg

the Lock8

Juniors
Anybody who thinks that Slater and Managhan cost us the match is a dead set wanker. We were outplayed by a good game plan. There were not too many Aussies that played that well. Thurston was terrible, he got caught with the ball so many times, it was pathetic. Just admit we got beaten by a better side on the night. Well done Kiwis.

Anybody who thinks that Slater and Managhan cost us the match is a dead set wanker. We were outplayed by a good game plan. There were not too many Aussies that played that well. Thurston was terrible, he got caught with the ball so many times, it was pathetic. Just admit we got beaten by a better side on the night. Well done Kiwis.

Agree..Thurston was horrible. Looked slow and indecisive.

Slater is Slater... plays risky but that is his style.

Williams looked out of his depth and did not have the experience to handle the intensity.

_Johnsy

Referee
Slater did not cost us the game, BUT

What an absolute knobjockey. He had 1-2m on the outside of the kiwi winger, and of course Billy had to try and make the hero play. I was sitting in the northern grandstand and he was never going to get around him.

Given the context of the game 61 minutes NZ 18 - AUS 16. Why not make the percentage play and take the ball back in to the centre of the field ?

Because he is a selfish player and must be the hero. He should never play in the green and gold again. Give me Stewart or mini anyday. Fugg off back to Melbourne Slater you hero dog. Worst decision in an Australian jumper EVER.

On a side note, on the way home on the train, there were a heap of maori/islanders just looking for trouble. I can only imagine they were a forced immigration form Helen CLARKE, yeah thanks for that Helen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bman26

Juniors
Just quietly, if slater went infield he risked a penalty for a shepherd as david williams would have been directly between him and the closest chaser in vatuvei

Latest posts