What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done Slater, Monahgan, and Williams..

Johns Magic

Referee
slater has been on fire this through-out this year and during the world cup.

even the biggest slater haters would agree.

Yeah, he's brilliant in the easy games.

NRL grand-final? WC grand-final?

sh*thouse.

Crap under pressure and not someone you'd want with you in the trenches.

ozjet1

posters here are a disgrace. feeling big calling people spastics, knobjockeys, f**kwits on an internet forum? you guys are the type of supporters who wants the team to lose just so you can whinge, whine, attack etc. Pathetic.

play the game again tonight, and every other night for the rest of the week, and Australia would win. I know this doesnt mean much in the context of the World Cup Final. But the scheduling always favoured the 2nd and 3rd team in the group who would get the tougher match in the semi.

It's not the abilities of the players in the Australian team that let the team down. Rather, it was complacency, and lack of competitive match practice over the last 3 weeks that resulted in last night's upset. Yes, the players as well as the coaching staff need to take the blame on this, but denegrating these players abilities on a forum, and in hindsight wont win you any fans.

Last edited:
posters here are a disgrace. feeling big calling people spastics, knobjockeys, f**kwits on an internet forum? you guys are the type of supporters who wants the team to lose just so you can whinge, whine, attack etc. Pathetic.

play the game again tonight, and every other night for the rest of the week, and Australia would win. I know this doesnt mean much in the context of the World Cup Final. But the scheduling always favoured the 2nd and 3rd team in the group who would get the tougher match in the semi.

It's not the abilities of the players in the Australian team that let the team down. Rather, it was complacency, and lack of competitive match practice over the last 3 weeks that resulted in last night's upset. Yes, the players as well as the coaching staff need to take the blame on this, but denegrating these players abilities on a forum, and in hindsight wont win you any fans.

You are a goose.

This entire post is a complete waste of electricity.

watatank

Coach

sh*thouse.

I think most people forget this and also that Meninga dropped Slater to the bench in Origin because he couldn't trust him there.

Slater was good through the whole tournament, and even in the final did plenty of good things. That pass was a big f**kup but hey everyone who tries things does screw up sometimes. Bad timing to do it in the final, but hey whatever.

Monaghan went ok too. With the penalty try he got a shocking bounce from the kick, the tackle on Hohiaia would have been made probably nine times out of ten by any player in that situation.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
sticky.jpg

I'll pay that :lol:

Moffo

Referee
Slater did not cost us the game, BUT

What an absolute knobjockey. He had 1-2m on the outside of the kiwi winger, and of course Billy had to try and make the hero play. I was sitting in the northern grandstand and he was never going to get around him.

Given the context of the game 61 minutes NZ 18 - AUS 16. Why not make the percentage play and take the ball back in to the centre of the field ?

Because he is a selfish player and must be the hero. He should never play in the green and gold again. Give me Stewart or mini anyday. Fugg off back to Melbourne Slater you hero dog. Worst decision in an Australian jumper EVER.

On a side note, on the way home on the train, there were a heap of maori/islanders just looking for trouble, . I can only imagine they were a forced immigration form Helen CLARKE, yeah thanks for that Helen.

oh dear, one bad decision and now you are saying that cockface minichello is a better player

get off the crack

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah shame on him for trying something...might not have been the best choice to make at the time...but f**k everyone stuffs up. if he had made the break and went 100 metres to score you would be all over his sack right now.

berks.
Well I have been calling for him not be selected for Aus since last season,berk.People you forget origin 1 this year.He has a history of making costly mistakes.Not what you want from a fullback.I said then NSW best chance of winning was Billy playing for QLD.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Harsh on all 3
Slater was awesome early in the game, set up two tries and has been one of the best in the tournament.
Williams didnt let anyone down, one poor read but he also scored a ripping try and made some other good plays
Monaghan didnt do anything wrong all tournament, he got a TERRIBLE bounce for that ball, if he didnt collect hohiaia he'd have scored anyways so all it did was make the conversion easier.

All can hold their heads high
why do we need to look for scape goats? Cant the Kiwi's have just been the better team on the day? Thats exactly what it looked like to me
As a raiders fans, i am stoked to see Harrison playing the way he has been, he'll be a great buy

_Johnsy

Referee

Given slaters effort, I think calling him a knobjeckey is justified. As I said before, the single worst play in a green and gold jumper.

The last thing I wanted was an australia loss. This is a forum, you know where people vent and discuss thier OPINIONS.

Loudstrat

Coach
Hunt isn't going to win you a game like Slater can but he isn't going to lose you a game, like Slater can. Hunt has proven that over time, particularly under pressure situations. Slater is yet to have done the same.

As for the best back three, that's not even the best back three for NSW let alone Australia.
Hunt isn't going to set up tries like Slater, either. Billy was 2-1. Hunt would have been 0-0.
Hopefully all the Billy Slater worshippers will finally step down from the pedestal for a while. K Hunt as I have said for the past 2 years is the hands down number 1 rep fullback. This persistance with Slater is an absolute farce. Never thought as such a proud Aussie I'd be happy with this result but the selector's and coach's choices have now been thorougly exposed.
cutie has done sweet FA in the last 2 years, apart from provide fellacio to the right people at the right time. If Khuint was so good, how come, when the selectors ignored Bowen, and Mini had a horrid run of injuries, that cutie was overlooded for Slater and Stewart?

Because he's a good first grader in the Patton mould - no more.

sh*thouse.

Slater was brilliant in the 06 anbd 07 GF's, thank you.

aqua_duck

Coach
Williams' 3 crucial turnovers in his own half early in the tackle count really hurt the team IMO

Johns Magic

Referee
Slater was brilliant in the 06 anbd 07 GF's, thank you.

I can't even remember his performance in the 06 GF, safe to say it wasn't that brilliant.

In the 07 GF he was brilliant in a team that won by 30 or 40, which has been my point all along. Thankyou.

brendothejet

First Grade
Slater was an idiot, no two ways about it. In a way I am happy we lost- if it means the idiot won't be picked again! Monaghan was crap all match and the try may have been scored..the conversion would have been harder..

If you think slater is not going to get picked again then you are even dumber than i thought.

sass

Juniors
As for Williams and Monas, at least they had a dig. Williams was great in the first half. Monas had to make that play - though illegal. When the World Cup is on the line, would you just stand there and be polite?

totally agree.

I'm sure they're both miserable today but neither of them had shockers. no one in the team played their best and the whole thing was just kinda ... flat. they had no mojo.

I will say though that I didn't even know inglis was on the field till he scored that try.

Loudstrat

Coach
I can't even remember his performance in the 06 GF, safe to say it wasn't that brilliant.

In the 07 GF he was brilliant in a team that won by 30 or 40, which has been my point all along. Thankyou.

If you can't remember Slaters performance in the 06 gf, safe to say you are missing a frontal lobe.

Slater was almost MOM in the 06 GF.

Latest posts