What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well Played Ruds

Hey, it's not an insult to me. It is an insult to the guy who's trying to be given a tribute here. How exactly is that getting done over when the guy being given a tribute thread is basically bagged out once again? Setting the topic back on course is the best thing that could've been done given the hostility a certain few hold against the guy.

mrford61

Juniors
Guess I,m just refering to the whole debate in general thats gone on all year.
I dont really care anyway, I just hope Sean Rudder doesnt read forums.

Doctor

Bench
You continue to amaze me Wedge.
I can tell you one thing: I won't change my opinions on the basis that you criticise everything I say about Rudder. One wonders why you defend him so readily against what I would describe as constructive criticism.

You continue to jump to his defence even in posts that aren't really criticising him too much.

Rudder isn't perfect, yet this tribute thread painted him as perfect - all I did was post my honest opinion. I said I appreciated some of his abilities, but said that despite all the tributes flowing in on this forum I wouldn't change my opinion on him being the first choice 5/8. I criticise Perry's mistake-rate in other threads, yet you choose to only defend Rudder when I do the same thing. Why this selective raids on my opinions?

Just because the prevailing opinion is to lie in order to give the guy a decent farewell, I won't conform to that thinking. My honest opinion has been stated and re-stated a number of times - I'm giving my opinion, that is afterall the concept of discussion is it not?

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein

Terminator

First Grade
Bring it home Knights said:
I mightn't be a fan of rudder playing for the team I love. But none the less. He is a knights player, so I hope he goes alright in england. The games played at a lower standard over there, so he should find it easier. I guarantee he will be a back rower over there. I'd say after this season, his 5/8 days are over.

You know BIHK, for those first two lines wrote, I was actually foolish enough to think that you could be big enough to give Sean a nice farewell wrap without crapping on him, I should have known better..

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
LOL! You had him as the second best winger (presuming you don't think he's better than Sailor) of the entire 1990s. Bit different from just filling in for Australia on the wing. Look, I'm all for replacing Hancock on the team of the 90s squad, but putting Rod Wishart there because "he can kick" isn't exactly worth the trouble.

I've told you many times sailor was the best winger in the 90's. How many times do I have to repeat myself before something gets through that thick skull of yours :roll:

You can keep harping on this forever if you need to. But just remember. YOU were the person that was most critical on macdougall and K Gidley. Look at them now. I guess you aren't as good as picking a team like you CLAIM. I believe you said you would have buderus at halfback, LOL!!!. Gidley has 2 man of the match awards in 4 weeks and buderus has played a huge role out of dummy half. But hey, if you genuinly believe that you are never wrong, having other people tell you are wrong wont do anything to make you come back down to earth.

antonius

Coach
Bring it home Knights said:
LOL! You had him as the second best winger (presuming you don't think he's better than Sailor) of the entire 1990s. Bit different from just filling in for Australia on the wing. Look, I'm all for replacing Hancock on the team of the 90s squad, but putting Rod Wishart there because "he can kick" isn't exactly worth the trouble.

I've told you many times sailor was the best winger in the 90's. How many times do I have to repeat myself before something gets through that thick skull of yours :roll:

You can keep harping on this forever if you need to. But just remember. YOU were the person that was most critical on macdougall and K Gidley. Look at them now. I guess you aren't as good as picking a team like you CLAIM. I believe you said you would have buderus at halfback, LOL!!!. Gidley has 2 man of the match awards in 4 weeks and buderus has played a huge role out of dummy half. But hey, if you genuinly believe that you are never wrong, having other people tell you are wrong wont do anything to make you come back down to earth.
Go start your own thread and argue will you? Your still playing the same old tune :-({|=

Doctor

Bench
For those who didn't read my response to BIHK's arguments against Rudder and everyone/anyone else on the old site...

I disown any comments, complaints or suggestions by BIHK - the fact I have honest and constructive issues with positioning of certain individuals should not, in my opinion, make me seem like I'm agreeing with BIHK.

This is nothing against your personally BIHK - I just don't agree with the passionate stance against certain players, and won't be drawn into the aggressive nature of your posts with other forum members over the past season.

While I may seem to agree with individuals, I do not support such an aggressive stance on Rudder - never have I adopted a sack-him mentality on Rudder. As I've said elsewhere, I've simply held the belief that a spot in the backrow, when a full-strength Knights team is available, would be more in tune with my line of thinking - that is pretty much it, whether Wedge or BIHKs want to argue about their respective disagreements has nothing to do with me. But I defend my right to say what I say, and never, do I believe, have I turned this into a personal issue against a fellow forum member nor against a particular player.

Certain forum members will have you believe I am more critical of certain players than I really am - you make up your own mind.

Chook, do you really think this is the thread for any type of critiscm of him? It's his tribute thread. If there's nothing good to be said, you don't say it. Leave it at your final word, "All the best next year." Respect is an often glorified word, but the lack of it shown by you (a newly positioned mod of the Knights forum) about a Knights player is pretty poor.

Remember the thread on the old forum about "Kirt Gidley"? The big intro slides on the big-screens that spell Kurt "Kirt"? The whole thread was about people wanting a bit of respect for their favourite team's player.

That's what I'm about here. And hence the "lack" of fightback about other subjects like Perry, when there's not really much to disagree about there anyway. Match a guy's loyalty to the Knights up against another's mistake rate, and see which is worth debating.

Doctor

Bench
Respect is an often glorified word, but the lack of it shown by you (a newly positioned mod of the Knights forum) about a Knights player is pretty poor.

I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with anything. If you think I'm out of line in my comments then by all means PM me and tell me all about it.
It was my understanding that one can both respect and criticise someone - in fact I personally respect someone who can handle criticism and compliments.

No-one is perfect, so why should we pretend like they are? Likewise if we're always critical of players then that is unfair too. What you get from me is balanced comments, my own personal opinions - I hope I'm getting the same from you and not something that has negatives or indeed positives filtered out in order to please people.

I'm not here to keep people happy - nor do I expect you are either. I think you'll find that moderating has nothing to do with it - if you think you're more responsible in your conduct then go right ahead and become a moderator. I'm fast realising it seems to come with an expectation that suddenly I'm to not have opinions anymore - or at least opinions that go against popular opinion.

Sycophancy is not a habit of mine - hopefully I'll never reach the point of complete and ill-thought flattery. :?

Keep all that in mind the next time someone mentions what a crappy job an umpire does in the upcoming Summer of cricket and don't be jumping to his defence as quickly as I do for Rudder. Not that you've done that before, hey?

Otherwise I might detect a hint of hypocracy.

Now where in this thread's subject was there any need for the guy to be bagged out once again?

Doctor

Bench
Danish Moo Cow said:
Keep all that in mind the next time someone mentions what a crappy job an umpire does in the upcoming Summer of cricket and don't be jumping to his defence as quickly as I do for Rudder. Not that you've done that before, hey?

Otherwise I might detect a hint of hypocracy.

Aha, but what I write is intended to be balanced reflection on someone's performance. I know when an umpire has done a poor job, and so does the umpire himself - the difference is that what others write about umpires is an insult to the training and dedication they give to their sport. I compliment Rudder on his training AND dedication, I compliment him on his reliability, I compliment him on how stoical his performances are - a no-complaints footballer - all I've said is that I have never agreed that Rudder was a viable option at 5/8 - stick him anywhere in the back-row would have been fine.

Now where in this thread's subject was there any need for the guy to be bagged out once again?

Once again you've made a judgement on what I've said. You've decided that I have come on here to bag him, and have suceeded in that aim.

So while you've raised the bar of your own beliefs of what my comments were saying, I have moved on to the point of offering constructive assessments of how good a footballer Rudder is.

While you're pedalling this fallacy about me "bagging" Rudder, there will be no respect earnt on your part - I believe you're simply stirring the broth a bit here by taking comments out of context and stretching the truth relying on people's laziness to go back and read the post.

Easy to do, hard to substantiate if you were to actually read what is written instead of taking pot shots at me for no reason.

Chook, saying a guy isn't a 5/8 when he's played there for 3 years and won a championship there is an insult. Nothing more too it. You can backtrack, explain yourself and expand on your comments all you want. The guy has beat out a bag full of top prospects for the spot and he's still not good enough for a credit on it in his tribute thread.

If you're worried you're being taken out of context, bring the quote straight back up again. It's pretty self explanatary.

Latest posts