What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

Nikki

Coach
Were there Matts and Ball earlier, any chance that MITS can get those.

Big ask, but saves waiting for the morning newspaper.

Also Jim Beam , last I heard we were down to the WA team?

Yup the WA team got the win up. Cant remember the score sorry.

Western Sydney Academy Of Sport lost both games. I know the second game was 50 - 16 Illawarra's way. The first game was a tight match but I think Illawarra got up 26 - 18 in the end. Thats just from memory tho, may not be correct.

Well I spoke with Mannah after the game Avenger, but I am sure you would say I was looking for reflected glory.

Any rate. Tim played 35 minutes in the first half. His first 5 - 10 were quite good, scoring a try, then he wasn't that noticeable. Came off at the 35th minute looking buggered. In speaking with him about the first half, he has said that he knows this sort of stuff is what he needed to make it to the NRL. As far as Tim was saying that while Under 20's is good, it is still Jersey Flegg class. While Tim enjoys playing with blokes he has played with since he was 15, he knows that he needs to play with and against men for a while to get himself ready for the NRL, but that is his goal.

Tony Williams, again quite dynamic in the first 15 minutes, then not that noticeable, A few good touches in the second half.

Maloney was good and lead the side around, was unlucky to not get another try assist when the ball dribbled out just has he was putting his foot to it for a 3rd time to set up a try which was scored but not awarded due to the touchies flag.

Iwi Hauraki was good, and the stand out for him was his was a defencive cover tackle which stopped a run away storm movement as well as finishing off one of our movments to score a try

Broderick Wright was quite good as well, Had a chat to him after the game and he was happy to play only 70 minutes because being up by 18 he was buggered and asked to be replaced.

Joe Galuvao played well scoring a try the end result was Went 26, Storm 8.

Wentworthville 26 (Tries: Mannah, O'Grady, Mitchell, Hauraki, Galuvao. Goals: Maloney 3/5)
Def
Central Coast 08 (Tries: Willams, Phillips, Goals: ???? 0/2)

Wenty Lineup was.
1. Etu UAISELE
2. Iwi HAURAKI
12. James GREHAN
21. Tony WILLIAMS
5. Jonathan WRIGHT
6. Mark O'GRADY
7. James MALONEY [C]
25. Tim MANNAH
9. Martin MITCHELL
10. Jeremy LATIMORE
11. Brett BLAKER
15. Justin HORO
13. Broderick WRIGHT
INTERCHANGE
14. James BOUSTANI
16. Alf BETHAM
17. Natthan CLEAVER
19. Matt RAFTERY
20. Joe Galuvao

Penelties were 8 all.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Does anyone think Maloney can play firsts? whilst i rate KK i just thought it was strange promoting him straight to firsts without playing any reserve grade games, i also find it unfair on the playrs in this grade.

Does anyone think Maloney can play firsts? whilst i rate KK i just thought it was strange promoting him straight to firsts without playing any reserve grade games, i also find it unfair on the playrs in this grade.

I don't know if I rate him firsts standard.

I mean please don't get me wrong I am a fan of the Kid, I was in the first 5 or so games last year before he was crueled against Manly and was out of the Season, If you want someone to bark orders he is the man, but he just doesn't seem to have an it factor. He is a hard worker through.

Avenger

Immortal
Well I spoke with Mannah after the game Avenger, but I am sure you would say I was looking for reflected glory.

Any rate. Tim played 35 minutes in the first half. His first 5 - 10 were quite good, scoring a try, then he wasn't that noticeable. Came off at the 35th minute looking buggered. In speaking with him about the first half, he has said that he knows this sort of stuff is what he needed to make it to the NRL. As far as Tim was saying that while Under 20's is good, it is still Jersey Flegg class. While Tim enjoys playing with blokes he has played with since he was 15, he knows that he needs to play with and against men for a while to get himself ready for the NRL, but that is his goal.

Tony Williams, again quite dynamic in the first 15 minutes, then not that noticeable, A few good touches in the second half.

Maloney was good and lead the side around, was unlucky to not get another try assist when the ball dribbled out just has he was putting his foot to it for a 3rd time to set up a try which was scored but not awarded due to the touchies flag.

Iwi Hauraki was good, and the stand out for him was his was a defencive cover tackle which stopped a run away storm movement as well as finishing off one of our movments to score a try

Broderick Wright was quite good as well, Had a chat to him after the game and he was happy to play only 70 minutes because being up by 18 he was buggered and asked to be replaced.

Joe Galuvao played well scoring a try the end result was Went 26, Storm 8.

Wentworthville 26 (Tries: Mannah, O'Grady, Mitchell, Hauraki, Galuvao. Goals: Maloney 3/5)
Def
Central Coast 08 (Tries: Willams, Phillips, Goals: ???? 0/2)

Wenty Lineup was.
1. Etu UAISELE
2. Iwi HAURAKI
12. James GREHAN
21. Tony WILLIAMS
5. Jonathan WRIGHT
6. Mark O'GRADY
7. James MALONEY [C]
25. Tim MANNAH
9. Martin MITCHELL
10. Jeremy LATIMORE
11. Brett BLAKER
15. Justin HORO
13. Broderick WRIGHT
INTERCHANGE
14. James BOUSTANI
16. Alf BETHAM
17. Natthan CLEAVER
19. Matt RAFTERY
20. Joe Galuvao

Penelties were 8 all.

Thanks Mark, as long as you elaborate it is appreciated.

Thanks again. I take it by his own admission he is not yet ready.

Stagger eel

Staff member
8.Sun 11May 3.00pm v Balmain At Ringrose Park

9.Sat 24 May 3.00pm v Wests Campbelltown Stadium (Split Round)

10. Sun 1 June 3.00pm v Jets At Ringrose Park

MID SEASON WEEK OFF

11.Sat 14 June 12.45pm v Auckland At Mount Smart (No.2)

12.Sun 22 June 3.00pm v Manly At Ringrose park

13. 27-30 June v Newcastle
4-7 July Split Round

14. Sun 13 July 3.00pm v Windsor At Ringrose Park

15. Sun 20 July 3.00pm v Wests At Ringrose Park

16. 25-27 July v Bears TBA

17.1-4 Aug v CC Storm TBA

18. Sun 10 Aug 3.00pm v Newcastle At Ringrose Park

19. Sat 16 Aug 3.00pm v Jets At Henson Park

20. Sun 24 Aug 3.00pm v Cronulla At Ringrose Park

21.29 Aug- 1 Sept v Balmain TBA

22. Sun 7 Sept 3.00pm v Bulldogs At Ringrose

Jodeci

Bench
I watched the Tigers play the Bears yesterday at Bear Park, they were ordinary. I saying this, the Bears had Widders, Jezza, Lowe, Buddy Gorden, etc

Nikki

Coach
Thats good, but alot can happen in 7 minutes, esp with a Parra based side :lol: I've asked a couple of the boys, will see who gets back to me.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wenty were 28-16 winners.

Jono Wright 3 tries.
Brod and Maloney with Maloney kicking 4 goals.

source: Brett McKenna.

Latest posts