What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Definite? Oh bollocks :( Do we have a halfback next year :crazy::crazy:

defenite...and good question.

we effectively don't have a back up half back for next year, I understand that trying to do something about it but it wouldn't be a player in the top 25...Jeremy Smith anyone???

Bazal

Post Whore
defenite...and good question.

we effectively don't have a back up half back for next year, I understand that trying to do something about it but it wouldn't be a player in the top 25...Jeremy Smith anyone???

I'm told Luke Walsh isn't in the plans of coach Smith at Newie and wants out...not sure of the accuracy or if he's signed since then, but in your opinion would we possibly be a chance of signing him? I reckon he's a pretty good player

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm told Luke Walsh isn't in the plans of coach Smith at Newie and wants out...not sure of the accuracy or if he's signed since then, but in your opinion would we possibly be a chance of signing him? I reckon he's a pretty good player

if we were to sign a Luke Walsh, Jeremy Smith or even Joe Williams, for example, they wouldn't be part of the top 25 and more than likely be on a very modest wage they only way for them to accept that sort of coin is if they look at it as a last resort or a lifeline..as far as I'm aware those guys have yet to find a contract and if they haven't by now then their chances of getting a gig at a club as part of the top 25 is very remote as it appears that the majority of clubs have filled their books.

so to answer your question I would say that it's up to Parra as I'm sure they'll take any opportunity they get at this stage.

Stagger eel

Staff member
17.1-4 Aug v CC Storm TBA

18. Sun 10 Aug 3.00pm v Newcastle At Ringrose Park

19. Sat 16 Aug 3.00pm v Jets At Henson Park

20. Sun 24 Aug 3.00pm v Cronulla At Ringrose Park

21.29 Aug- 1 Sept v Balmain TBA

22. Sun 7 Sept 3.00pm v Bulldogs At Ringrose

Nikki

Coach
Wonder if anyone here can point us in the right direction on where and when this weeks Wenty game is...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Anyone know who, if any of the team have been signed for next year?

not sure but I do believe that they've signed about 8 players on part time contracts, just not sure who..

Tim Robinson
David Baumann
Etu uesele
Callan Richardson

could be 4 of them...

The Colonel

Immortal
not sure but I do believe that they've signed about 8 players on part time contracts, just not sure who..

Tim Robinson
David Baumann
Etu uesele
Callan Richardson

could be 4 of them...

Would they have announced the signings of Baumann and Robinson if they were part time signings?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Pleeeaaaase tell me Maloney is staying :( I'm told he was very, very good....

gone to Melbourne...

Another stupid recruitment decision. First Hodgkinson now Maloney. And it's not like we have another option at the moment.

I am so glad that Wenty won the pseudo grand final replay. If they win the title this year is anyone with me in calling that a fourth title in a row?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wentworthville side to Play Central Coast this saturday.

Tim Mortimer
Iwi Hauraki
Mark Lulland
James Grehan
Jono Wright
Mark O'Grady
Alf Betham
Marty Mitchell
Jeremy Latimore
Brett Blacker
Justin Horo
Brod Wright

Jacob Byrne
Nathan clever
Justin Wood
Michael Woodlands

** not named**

Joel Reddy
Ben Smith
Eric Grothe
Brendon Oake
Feleti Mateo

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jim Beam Cup side to play Chester Hill

Tim clayton
Simon Micalef
KJ Mackenzie
Matt Raftery
Astro Waetford
Michael Woodlands
JP Hawach
Justin Wood
Ben Baily
Brad capavilla
Ben taia
Brett Seargent
Jesse O'Neill

Tim Wynn
Justin Wood *
Mark Fakahua
Kost Kouparitsis

Justin Wood named at prop ans coming off the bench, he's going to have a busy day in the office.

Latest posts