What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

Hellsy

Immortal
Is Eric injured?
Before I left he had copped knees to the back and was pretty sore

Stagger eel

Staff member
Is Eric injured?
Before I left he had copped knees to the back and was pretty sore

Hey Hells

bit of a mystery there as him along with 4 or 5 others were not named in any grade, Nix and I had a chat with him last week at the Wests game and he was still a bit sore and not trained all week, I'll ask the question tomorrow and see if I can get an answer.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hi All,
I've posted this in the Parra forum, but thought I'd put it in here too. The weekend's top-of-the-table clash with Norths is now available to watch online at www.leaguetv.com.au ....very polished performance from the Magpies....well worth a look...cheers.

thanks heaps epr...enjoyed the coverage.

A couple of things about the match.

* It's obvious that thing we'll miss most about Maloney is his pinpoint goal kicking, he was supurb against the Bears.

* Weller was very strong and Justin Horo continues to impress.

* Kene Te Wahata made his state cup debut off the bench and had a solid run in the second half.

* Ben Smith had a much better hitout than the week before and got himself involved more, however he doesn't appear to be stretching out 100% which is probably the reason he's not getting a look in for firsts at the moment but he's well on his way back.

* Marty Mitchell could be a handy back up to Matt Keating and had one of his finest games for the club.

* Tim Mortimer could be the find of the season for Wenty.

* Mark O'Grady keeps improving.

eelz47

Coach
sorry fo the delay

*12-6 29 to go

***staggers post here 21 mins to go

*try an goal maloney 24- 6 12 to go

*maloney sinned binned(not sure why, but i reckon for backchat)

*full time 24-6

eelz47

Coach
Maloney was sin binned for too much talk :lol:

and it was a sloppy game with no real stand outs

will try to get the news on the yogies soon

Nikki

Coach
For mine, Kene Ta Wata had a great game. Wouldnt call him a stand out, but made some good metres and did some nice defensive work.

Calexico

Juniors
Just got a message that Wests done them 38-26

Hey thats good news, thanks Nikki. Top equal on points for Wenty now but still in 2nd place on point differential by about 30 points I think. A real 3 way log jam at the top of the table now.

George 07

Juniors
I'v heard also that Brett Blaker and Nathan Cleaver had great games - anyone know if we have signed these two up for next year? Am hearing rumours that cleaver may be going back to new zealand?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'v heard also that Brett Blaker and Nathan Cleaver had great games - anyone know if we have signed these two up for next year? Am hearing rumours that cleaver may be going back to new zealand?

I'm almost certain there'll be someone who regularly uses this thread that can answer that question regarding Cleaver..;-)

Calexico

Juniors

Natthan's still waiting for a decision from Parramatta on next year, which is still a few weeks away yet, from what I gather. He's no plan's to come back to NZ. In only his third year of playing league there's plenty of improvement left in him yet imo. He's looking to put in a big pre-season for 2009 but may well be looking for a place with another club.

Latest posts