What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

Nikki

Coach
Below are the amended details for the Newtown v Wentworthville NSW Cup trial match.

Sunday, 2nd March 2008

NSWRL NSW Cup trial match

Newtown v Wentworthville (Parramatta)

The Crest Sports Complex, Johnston Road, Bass Hill

Kick-Off: 5.15pm.

(Curtain-Raiser: Chester Hill v Wentworthville, Jim Beam Cup trial, 3.30pm.)

Stagger eel

Staff member
have fun today Nikki and anyone else heading out, looking forward to reading some reports later tonight.

Nikki

Coach
Did anyone else go out today? What a woeful performance from the NSW Cup side. Newtown owned us every step of the way and we seemed to crumble under pressure. I think the final score was 34-6. IMO there were no real stand outs, but Latimore, Jono and Brod Wright were prob our best on the park. I even commented that Brod looks like one of the senior players out there..

Nikki

Coach
Wagon played the First half, but I didnt see him in the second. He did a few high tackles.

I also heard a rumour (from a few cronulla jnrs that were sitting behind me) that next year they are going with an u'23s format.

Nikki

Coach
Wagon played the First Half, but I didnt see him in the second. He was making a few high tackles and not really doing anything special.

I heard a rumour (from a few Cronulla jnrs that were sitting behind me) that next year they are going back to an under 23s format.

Nikki

Coach
Thank you very much. I think the boys have already been told the dates of the first couple of rounds.. Might have to go call in a favour.. lol

Stagger eel

Staff member
FUIFUI_MOIMOI said:
stagger is wenty playing at home this week and where can i find this information along with team lineups etc

I'm hoping to get a team list today they are playing Manly at brooky on saturday afternoon.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI said:
Do you have to pay to watch? Like is it part of the manly nrl game.

It's on at 3.30 - before the Toyota Cup and Manly v Cronulla games.

It's one of the few State Cup games that will be on at the same venue and day as an NRL fixture.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the Wenty side will be up on the Parramatta official site with the other 2 sides, just eagerly awaiting on the sides to be posted.