What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

cumberlandsashes81 said:
Ringrose Park is such a lovely ground. Very underrated - it's the Henson Park of the Western Suburbs.

Were the State Cup team wearing Eels shorts and socks for that trial only or is that the kit for the new JV?

I asked that question last week to Chris Jurd.

I was informed that the NSW Cup shorts and Socks (as part of the JV) are different to the JBC team and the Gear had not arrived from ISC yet.

I was also told ISC came back with the first Production version of our Playing Strip and it had errors on it, Errors that occur in Manufacture as the Club already signed off on the test strip.

Hellsy

Immortal
Thats a bugga.

Those stands need to be fixed.. I got splinters and my shoe got caught in one of the gaps and I almost fell on my arse :fist: and there was a spider crawling on me out of the wood.
It is a compo claim waiting to happen

Nikki

Coach
Its a suburban park tho. Not sure how much money they have to inject into that kinda thing. You could go to any suburban ground and put up with the same thing. Just look at Henso. I think Wenty Football club were actually going under before we came on board, and its not like we are rolling in cash either.

Stagger eel

Staff member
found out this afternoon that the strip is basically the same as Parramatta's but Black and White instead of blue and gold.

Parra Guru

Coach
ahh up your arse owww

I thought photobucket would automatically resize them but it didn't happen and i cbf going through it again, I already cropped them.

Hellsy said:
Thats a bugga.

Those stands need to be fixed.. I got splinters and my shoe got caught in one of the gaps and I almost fell on my arse :fist: and there was a spider crawling on me out of the wood.
It is a compo claim waiting to happen

I have been going to Ringrose Park for almost 20 years now. Those Stands have been there since the first day I turned up.

You think you have something to worry about? Try worrying about your size being to be for the wood and waiting for the plank to shatter when you sit down.

Parra Guru

Coach
if u don't like it, I'm sure the cricket club will gladly have it back!!

It's pretty good for a suburban park. You can always take chairs along.

Hellsy

Immortal
Fair enuf MITS :LOL: :LOL:
I think I like the silver seats better.... but I dont really like the place at all TBH
I hope we dont spend an awful lot of time there this year

Hellsy said:
Fair enuf MITS :lol: :lol:
I think I like the silver seats better.... but I dont really like the place at all TBH
I hope we dont spend an awful lot of time there this year

I say next time we go there I might have to take a blanket to sit on, and I think to ensure I don't break any beams I can only sit on the 2nd rung. Still you can see over the dug outs so that is cool.

Stagger eel

Staff member
this sundays fixture has a venue change as it was originally schedulled for Henson park.

Jim Beam Cup 3:30pm

NSW cup 5:30pm

at the Crest [Bankstown]

home of the Sydney Bulls.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Ringrose Oval has one of the most dodgy stands I have seen. But then again I never really spent much time sitting in them, too busy warming up and playing there.

Calexico

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
ahh up your arse owww

I thought photobucket would automatically resize them but it didn't happen and i cbf going through it again, I already cropped them.

No problem Parra Guru. I thought the photos were brilliant! Am from across the Tasman with an interest in Natthan Cleaver so it was great to be able to see him in action for Wenty - Cheers!

Nikki

Coach
Stagger eel said:
this sundays fixture has a venue change as it was originally schedulled for Henson park.

Jim Beam Cup 3:30pm

NSW cup 5:30pm

at the Crest [Bankstown]

home of the Sydney Bulls.

Bankstown!!!! AAAARGH!! :crazy:

I dont mind Ringrose TBH. Then again, I've always been a fan of the "boutique" suburban grounds. Adds to the atmosphere IMO.

Nikki

Coach
Some photos from last weeks game V Cronulla

n645213017_612178_3382.jpg

n645213017_612180_4226.jpg

n645213017_612182_4882.jpg

Parra Guru

Coach
Yeah really I think suburban grounds really don't demand luxury seating for lower grade games. And those chairs cost about $10 at worst. They're not going to spend a sh*tload on seating when the partnership might not even last.

They recently spent a lot of money installing a drainage system which is what makes the playing surface as good as it is, and I think that's the most important thing about the ground.

You can always watch half the ground from the Blaxland lounge in the club :lol:

Latest posts