What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

George 07

Juniors
In terms of selections i believe the coaches are looking at marty mitchell at 5/8. He has looked good in ball work and could be a big suprise packet.

Dragon Dan

Juniors
Raider#6 said:
Spelling of Wenty contracted player is Abed Atallah
Good Five Eight Used to play against him out in the country Group 9

Correct me if im wrong, is this the guy who badly injured his knee last year. From what i heard he goes very good until the injury stopped him. He may possibly be over the injury now and is he in the premier league team if so itll be good to watch and see how goes. Is he a local junior if not wheres he come from.

George 07

Juniors
Dragon Dan said:
Correct me if im wrong, is this the guy who badly injured his knee last year. From what i heard he goes very good until the injury stopped him. He may possibly be over the injury now and is he in the premier league team if so itll be good to watch and see how goes. Is he a local junior if not wheres he come from.

Think he is a country boy - not sure about the knee injury. He spent most of last year with wenty a reserves so really cant see him making the jump to PL. Has some good 5/8ths in front of him at wenty in Byrne and O'grady. Think he may spend year in a grade - bolter for JBC

Dragon Dan

Juniors
George 07 said:
Think he is a country boy - not sure about the knee injury. He spent most of last year with wenty a reserves so really cant see him making the jump to PL. Has some good 5/8ths in front of him at wenty in Byrne and O'grady. Think he may spend year in a grade - bolter for JBC

Ok thanks for the info has he played at wenty for long and what junior club did he come from?
Also what club did he play for in group 9 apparantly thats a strong comp so he must go ok. Someone was saying they may have possibly read a story in local newspaper talking about a few footy players from the country who are giving it a go in the city and his name may have been in it

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was also told that Abed Atallah is a real talent...I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Raider#6

Juniors
Ok thanks for the info has he played at wenty for long and what junior club did he come from?
Also what club did he play for in group 9 apparantly thats a strong comp so he must go ok. Someone was saying they may have possibly read a story in local newspaper talking about a few footy players from the country who are giving it a go in the city and his name may have been in it

He played with Harden Hawks up until he was 19 and is highly respected player in the group.Played reps all the way through juniors. He then went to play with the CEntral Coast in the flegg competition from what i have heard he left there after 7 rounds as he wasnt happy with the clubs approach to games. Spoke to his brother the other day and it sounds like he is pretty keen on making the premier league team as he had some firm offers to come back out to Group 9

George 07

Juniors
Raider#6 said:
He played with Harden Hawks up until he was 19 and is highly respected player in the group.Played reps all the way through juniors. He then went to play with the CEntral Coast in the flegg competition from what i have heard he left there after 7 rounds as he wasnt happy with the clubs approach to games. Spoke to his brother the other day and it sounds like he is pretty keen on making the premier league team as he had some firm offers to come back out to Group 9

Leaving clubs half way through a season - sounds a bit like Jamie Lyon - do we want another player who will do that to us? Need commited players - if he has offers from group 9 maybe he should take them up now - not when things start going bad for him? Still interested in what happened to him last year - if he is such a good player why did he not feature in JBC or A grade at wentworthville?

Raider#6

Juniors
Leaving clubs half way through a season - sounds a bit like Jamie Lyon - do we want another player who will do that to us? Need commited players - if he has offers from group 9 maybe he should take them up now - not when things start going bad for him? Still interested in what happened to him last year - if he is such a good player why did he not feature in JBC or A grade at wentworthville?

Not too many players i think would play with a team where the thoughts before a game is how much we going to lose by today. Not saying he will be in the team but way too good of a player to be just playing A grade and i think i will have support here if anyone has watched him play.

Dragon Dan

Juniors
Raider#6 said:
Not too many players i think would play with a team where the thoughts before a game is how much we going to lose by today. Not saying he will be in the team but way too good of a player to be just playing A grade and i think i will have support here if anyone has watched him play.

Gee this Abed Attalah sounds like he can play, how does he line up against other Wenty players like Byrne and O'Grady. Also does anyone have any info on James Maloney, is he still with parra or has this new signing Abed Attalah taken his spot. What do you think the 1/2--5/8 conbinations will be in Premier League and JBC?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dragon Dan said:
Gee this Abed Attalah sounds like he can play, how does he line up against other Wenty players like Byrne and O'Grady. Also does anyone have any info on James Maloney, is he still with parra or has this new signing Abed Attalah taken his spot. What do you think the 1/2--5/8 conbinations will be in Premier League and JBC?

James Maloney is definitely still at the club..

it will be interesting to see what the half/five-eight combo is with Wenty, if you consider that both finchy and Smith will take the fg roles and KK could be playing the NYC who will partner Maloney in the halves??? Maybe Jacob Byrne?

Raider#6

Juniors
either way it looks like Wenty will be one of the stronger sides in the comp and obviously the competition of positions will keep the players playing for their position on a week to week basis

Stagger eel

Staff member
Raider#6 said:
either way it looks like Wenty will be one of the stronger sides in the comp and obviously the competition of positions will keep the players playing for their position on a week to week basis

I sincerely hope that wenty have big years in both State cup and Jim Beam Cup as we need strong depth all through the grades.

Dragon Dan

Juniors
Raider#6 said:

Is Abed Attalah still training with the premier league team as i went to watch a session and coundnt see him. However there was a guy there with Harden Hawks shorts on so maybe that was him. I was chatting with some guy the other day at the pub and he mentioned that this Abed player is a winger from NZ would this be true, not sure. Raider do you know Abed if so can you please give some info on him as im keen to see how he goes when the comp starts

Raider#6

Juniors
Originally Posted By Dragon Dan
Is Abed Attalah still training with the premier league team as i went to watch a session and coundnt see him. However there was a guy there with Harden Hawks shorts on so maybe that was him. I was chatting with some guy the other day at the pub and he mentioned that this Abed player is a winger from NZ would this be true, not sure. Raider do you know Abed if so can you please give some info on him as im keen to see how he goes when the comp starts

I am more friends with his brother and i havent seen him for a while but i presume he must still be training with them as he would be the guy that was wearing Harden Hawk shorts. Definatley not a winger though or from NZ. What would you like to know about him

Dragon Dan

Juniors
Raider#6 said:
Originally Posted By Dragon Dan

I am more friends with his brother and i havent seen him for a while but i presume he must still be training with them as he would be the guy that was wearing Harden Hawk shorts. Definatley not a winger though or from NZ. What would you like to know about him

Ok cool its just that the guy i possibly saw with the shorts on had red hair and didnt look like Abad Attallah. And then when i asked a guy in the park if he was still training with them he said "Abad who, sorry never heard of him" .So looks like ill just have to wait til the trials to watch this guy play, cant wait. :sarcasm:

Latest posts