What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

Stagger eel said:
explaind the Brett Blaker bombed try to us...heard it was very amusing ;-)

Well it was pretty amusing.

The Magpies were 10 or so out under the sticks attacking on about 4. The Ball goes to Half Back James Maloney who beats the line and then popped a pass back to Brett. Brett Stepped the cover defence coming from the Onside back toward the post. Just as he got to the line. Either the 1 or the 12 from the Cobra's (Obviously Unsighted by Brett) smashed Brett. Who ended up face down in the in-goal section, The opposition player facing the other way face down in the dirt as well, and the Ball was spilled out eventually grounded by Maloney.

I know Joe the Camera Man from ParraTV (no not that Joe) has it on Video, I was begging him to put it on ParraTV. But if not I will grab the MPG of it and put it on YouTube. Either way it was a Corking Hit.

Dragon Dan

Juniors
parra pete said:
So he's not 'Atallah the Hun.....'

RAIDER#6 do you have any news on how Abed Atallah went on the weekend, i heard there may have been a big cheer from the crowd as he entered the playing field would this be true ? :sarcasm:

MarkInTheStands said:
Well it was pretty amusing.

The Magpies were 10 or so out under the sticks attacking on about 4. The Ball goes to Half Back James Maloney who beats the line and then popped a pass back to Brett. Brett Stepped the cover defence coming from the Onside back toward the post. Just as he got to the line. Either the 1 or the 12 from the Cobra's (Obviously Unsighted by Brett) smashed Brett. Who ended up face down in the in-goal section, The opposition player facing the other way face down in the dirt as well, and the Ball was spilled out eventually grounded by Maloney.

I know Joe the Camera Man from ParraTV (no not that Joe) has it on Video, I was begging him to put it on ParraTV. But if not I will grab the MPG of it and put it on YouTube. Either way it was a Corking Hit.

Said Video is now on ParraTV the Wenty Vs Cronulla Highlights in Behind the Scenes. The Hit is about midway and it even gets a replay.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Said Video is now on ParraTV the Wenty Vs Cronulla Highlights in Behind the Scenes. The Hit is about midway and it even gets a replay.

he basically didn't see him coming..it was rather amusing :lol:

he looks quite a player that Brett Blaker.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jim Beam Cup trial

Windsor 34 Beat Wenty 30

Wenty

1 Steve Mowbray
2 Astro Waelford
3 Tim clayton
4 Sam Te'o
5 KJ Mackenzie
6 Abed Atallah
7 Rohan Hastings
8 Luke O'Callaghan
9 Rob Mykeitlen
10 Damian Ash
11 Tim Wynn
12 Tom Vainga
13 Damiel Greaves

14 Gavin Wardle
15 Kris Krause
16 Scott Burns
17 Darren Lang
18 Jerrod McGoughey
19 Sonny Lima

standouts: Abed Attalah [great goalkincking] Sam Te'o and Sonny Lima

Stagger eel

Staff member
NSW Cup trial

Wenty 20 defeated Windsor 14

1 Iwi Hauraki
2 Nathan McMahon
3 Jon Wright
4 Mark Lulland
5 Simon micalef
6 Jacob Byrne
7 James Maloney
8 Alf Betham
9 Marty Mitchell
10 Nathan Cleaver
11 Mark Fakahua
12 Brett Blaker
13 Justin Wood

14 Mark O'Grady
15 Michael Woodlands
16 Todd Eriha

Steve Mowbry

Standouts:

Maloney: was in outstanding form, involved himself in everything and was extremely dangerous when he took the lione on.

Marty Mitchell: very clever out of dummy half hard to handle and was tenacious all day.

Al Betham: great frontrowers display.

Brett Blaker: very busy, could be a real surprise packet this year.

Parra Guru

Coach
Some pics from today

JB Cup

wenty1.jpg

wenty2.jpg

wenty3.jpg

wenty4.jpg

wenty5.jpg

George 07

Juniors
Stagger,
Saw that Attallah scored a try in the NSW cup game as well - does his form warrant a call back to the side? Do you think we have found our 5/8 yet? Noticed yesterday that they once again used Byrne and O'grady - who do you think is ahead?
Also thought woodland had a good game - plenty of work all day. Was impressed with the running of Nathan Cleaver as well - could be a useful acquisition!

Stagger eel

Staff member
George 07 said:
Stagger,
Saw that Attallah scored a try in the NSW cup game as well - does his form warrant a call back to the side? Do you think we have found our 5/8 yet? Noticed yesterday that they once again used Byrne and O'grady - who do you think is ahead?
Also thought woodland had a good game - plenty of work all day. Was impressed with the running of Nathan Cleaver as well - could be a useful acquisition!

Atallah's execution let him down at times and I'd ;ikr to see him take the line more.

he's still a bit behind Byrne and O'Grady imo.

Ringrose Park is such a lovely ground. Very underrated - it's the Henson Park of the Western Suburbs.

Were the State Cup team wearing Eels shorts and socks for that trial only or is that the kit for the new JV?

Stagger eel

Staff member
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Ringrose Park is such a lovely ground. Very underrated - it's the Henson Park of the Western Suburbs.

Were the State Cup team wearing Eels shorts and socks for that trial only or is that the kit for the new JV?

good question Cumbo...we were wondering that very thing yesterday.

Nikki

Coach
cumberlandsashes81 said:

I asked one of the boys the same question last week (coz my eyes were gettin confused) and he seemed to think that it was only for trials and they havent come up with the final uniform as yet. Dont know whether that means the Jersey will be changing as well.

Latest posts