What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

George 07

Juniors
Abad - abed - who?? Dont think i have ever heard so much talk about a bloke that plays A reserve grade in a mickey mouse second division comp. I hope this guy turns out to be a superstar cause people are talking him up something massive! But seriously folks - there are a few 5/8's in front of him at parramatta/wentworthville - maybe he should go to the wing - heard the team are short out there!
A few of the blokes from wenty are saying he will once again struggle - mainly due to a massive lack of fitness - heard he has some alright skills - just lacks the ability to handle the extra pace of higher level football. Heard Toongabbie Tigers are looking for a 5/8!

Raider#6

Juniors
I suppose only time will tell. The trials start next week am i right in saying that if anyone goes out to the game please let me know how he goes.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the following players will make up the coaching staff at Wenty..

Premier League Coach: Rip Taylor (2007 Parramatta Premier League Premiership Winning Coach)
Premier League Assistant Coach: Aaron McDonald (2007 Wenty Under 17s Premiership Winning Coach)
Premier League Manager: Brett McKenna (macca)
Strength & Conditioning Trainer: Sean L'Estrange
Medical Trainer: Mick Parini
Trainer: Ryan Elson

Also, i heard a whisper that there could be training run and game amongst the Under 20's squad this saturday morning at 8:30am at the top oval.

Nikki

Coach
Stagger eel said:
the following players will make up the coaching staff at Wenty..

Premier League Coach: Rip Taylor (2007 Parramatta Premier League Premiership Winning Coach)
Premier League Assistant Coach: Aaron McDonald (2007 Wenty Under 17s Premiership Winning Coach)
Premier League Manager: Brett McKenna (macca)
Strength & Conditioning Trainer: Sean L'Estrange
Medical Trainer: Mick Parini
Trainer: Ryan Elson

Also, i heard a whisper that there could be training run and game amongst the Under 20's squad this saturday morning at 8:30am at the top oval.

Yayee!! We have a Stranger back in the fold. I thought he was workin with the under 17's squad but this is good, this is good. :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
i knew you'd be happy about that Nix..

and just to remind you all about our first trial match being next sunday afternoon/evening and Ringrose park which include the staet cup and NYC side.

Nikki

Coach
Yeah, I was heaps excited when he told me just before Christmas. But still havent had a chance to actually catch up with him in person yet. I am sooo there next Sunday!!

Hellsy

Immortal
Is there a full listing of trials for the juniors that I may have missed posted somewhere??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger eel said:
Also below are the confirmed trials for both NSW Cup & JBC.

All trials confirmed:

17 February 2008 (Sunday) Ringrose Park Wentworthville

4.30pm NSW Cup vs Cronulla Cobras
6.30pm Toyota Cup vs Cronulla Sharks

24 February 2008 (Sunday) Ringrose Park Wentworthville

2.30pm Jim Beam Cup vs Windsor
4.30pm NSW Cup vs Windsor
6.30pm Toyota Cup vs Penrith

2 March 2008 (Sunday) Henson Park Time TBC Approx.

3.00pm Jim Beam vs Chester Hill
4.30pm NSW Cup vs Newtown

the above also includes the NYC squad and JB cup squad.

hope this helps.

Nikki

Coach
Just found out that the Melb v Sharks trial up at Gossy is on this Friday, so I should be a go'er for Cabra this Sat... Whoo!!!

George 07

Juniors
Anyone have any idea who will be turning out for wentworthville this weekend? How many "parra" boys will be in the side?

Stagger eel

Staff member
George 07 said:
Anyone have any idea who will be turning out for wentworthville this weekend? How many "parra" boys will be in the side?

I'm hoping to get my hands on a team list in the next day or 2.

Stagger eel

Staff member
1st Trial V Sharks, 17th February 2008 Ringrose Oval 4.30pm.

1. Iwi Hauraki
2. Jonathon Wright
3. Mark Luland
4. James Grehan
5. Matthew Raftery
6. Jacob Byrne
7. James Maloney
8. Duan Poaneki
9. Luke Fahy
10. Jeremy Latimore
11. Brett Blaker
12. Justin Wood
13. Broderick Wright
14. Justin Horo
15. Mark O'Grady
16. Todd Eriha
17. Abed Atallah
18. Marty Mitchell
19. Kosta Kouparitas
20. Nathan Cleaver
21. Michael Woodlands

Stagger eel

Staff member
Went had a win this afternoon beeting the Cronulla Cobras [I think] by 6-4.

Try scorer: Grehan

No injuries to report.

Best Players: Kost Kouparitsis, James Maloney, Iwi Hauraki and Brett Blaker.

I turned up at fulltime so I didn't get to watch but I hope MITS, Dellboy, Nikki, Holic, eelzy or whoever else was there can tell us what they thought of the first hitout by the Mighty Maggies!!

Dragon Dan

Juniors
Stagger eel said:
Went had a win this afternoon beeting the Cronulla Cobras [I think] by 6-4.

Try scorer: Grehan

No injuries to report.

Best Players: Kost Kouparitsis, James Maloney, Iwi Hauraki and Brett Blaker.

I turned up at fulltime so I didn't get to watch but I hope MITS, Dellboy, Nikki, Holic, eelzy or whoever else was there can tell us what they thought of the first hitout by the Mighty Maggies!!

How about Abed Atallah was he a stand out player can anyone let me know :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

George 07

Juniors
Watched most of game - attalah hardly got on - as ive said earlier i really dont think he is up to the pace of it! Cant imagine him being there too much longer!
Was impressed with maloney - thought mitchell went alright too. Byrne good at 5/8 - looking forward to another hit out next weekend.
Not sure if we will see attallah again.

I though the 4 for Wenty James Greahan was a stand out as well. Was very dangerous. In my opinion the Score line flatters the cobras they were well and truly not good enough against a very strong Magpies Lineup. The Magpies failed to convert at least 3 of 4 times when they got over the line. Some silly play by the magpies and some dour and lucky defence from the Cobra's.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
I though the 4 for Wenty James Greahan was a stand out as well. Was very dangerous. In my opinion the Score line flatters the cobras they were well and truly not good enough against a very strong Magpies Lineup. The Magpies failed to convert at least 3 of 4 times when they got over the line. Some silly play by the magpies and some dour and lucky defence from the Cobra's.

explaind the Brett Blaker bombed try to us...heard it was very amusing ;-)

Latest posts