What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Coleworld

Juniors
Its great to see the grassroots doing well in Western Australia. I have been following this league story the past few years and i really hope 2014 is the year the NRL decide to bring in a Western Australian team.

Sad its not the Western Reds but keeping things moving forward and not going back i hope this club becomes one of the strongest in the next 10 years. I see the Western Sydney Wanderers as a perfect example of a new club creating a new atmosphere and bringing something different to their region - i am hoping for similar results.

flippikat

Bench
On the subject of jerseys, something like the PNG jersey at the world cup would be great for the Pirates...

Papua-New-Guinea.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
I'm the opposite. Gold, when done well as the main colour, can be awesome.

I'd love to see it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here's a summary of jersey ideas that have been put forward by fans and our actual 2013 kit. Be interesting to see if they come up with a new design for 2014.

1002552_10202348738618620_1168315043_n.jpg

bellyache

Bench
image.php

The sooner we get WA invovled the better, I went over during Oct school hols and the NRL finals exsposure/coverage was next to sweet f**k all..
We need a team over there to shove it in there faces asap..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wa media will cover sports that includes a WA team. No chance of much coverage until we have a team in the NRL.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Here's a summary of jersey ideas that have been put forward by fans and our actual 2013 kit. Be interesting to see if they come up with a new design for 2014.

1002552_10202348738618620_1168315043_n.jpg

We have three black jerseys in the comp and a surprising lack of red. Hope they go with mostly red and mostly yellow H&A jerseys

Perth Red

Post Whore
PNG mocked up as a Pirates jersey. Have to say I like it! Then again I alos like the NZ Warriors black and gold jersey!

1459318_10202452659736583_1893862882_n.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
2 games for Perth next year, hopefully both will be 20k crowds to ram home our case ready for expansion review.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I love the Red, Black and Gold colour scheme, but i sincerely hope they dont go for a V jersey. Obviously the V is iconic Rugby League and the teams that already have it should keep on with building that image, but there are just so many other possible designs for new teams to claim and create identities around.

The Great Dane

First Grade

Make the white stitching red and you'd have a pretty awesome Pirates jersey which would be the perfect mixture of original design that can be identified as (almost) uniquely WC Pirates in the stitching and history and tradition in the black jersey with the yellow V that is traditional and famous in WA.

Instead of focusing on the V in future designs I'd look to carry across the stitching as the Pirates look, which would work to give them a completely unique look from the other teams that would also be incredibly flexible as it would be able to be integrated into almost every jersey design in someway or another.

TheRam

Coach
Most non V jerseys look crap because the over creative designers get too smart and stuff them up. Unfortunately it is a licence to be stupid for hack designers and for football execs who are always looking at sales revenues and the jersey mostly always ends up being the ugly victim.

So the V is not only very RL and creates an extremely strong design, but it keeps the ridiculous fancy pantcy designs to a minimum.

I wish Parra has a V design like the PNG jersey. It is f**king awesome. Simplicity at its best.

Perth Red

Post Whore

The Great Dane

First Grade
Wow, just wow. This smacks of superleague and the way news ltd took over the warl and fked the game totally here. We were just recovering from the damage that did and now this. I really really hope the NRL know what they are doing, I can see clubs walking away after this unless there is some serious funding coming their way.

How do know that the WARL having more control and the NRL having less a good thing?

How do you know that these board members didn't have ulterior motives in pushing for more control?

Where is the evidence that the NRL really did threaten to "disaffiliate the WARL and withdraw its $700,000 of funding" apart from the claims of these ex-board members?

I could go on but I don't think that I need to.

My point is that you're jumping to conclusions with less then half the facts, there's no proof provided in that article apart from the word of disgruntled people and only one side of the story is told, in fact I'd hazard a guess and say that your reaction is the reaction that the ex-board members hoped this article would get so that they get some sort of support in the Perth RL community that they can use to put pressure on the NRL and with the facts (or lack there of) that this article provides that may not be the best thing for RL in Perth.

So sit back and relax, we don't know anything about the situation right now so wait for the facts to come out before passing judgement.

On a slightly different note I reckon this will be the first (as far as we know) of many stories like this to come out of the state leagues in the not to distant future.