What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

taipan

Referee
Souffs v Gold Coast should let us know what the floor is for Perth crowd numbers.

I do respect them going beyond the Warriors for once though..

They would need to get a minimum 15,000 attending,as PR says every club should have a minimum of 15,000 members.else they should not be in the NRL.:sarcasm:

BuffaloRules

Coach
Preparing the ground for the NRL team which will happen in Perth when the comp expands

Is that what they are doing? Its going to be one very well cultivated piece of ground then...

Meanwhile, Big Mal has assured the AFL that they have nothing to worry about in respect of the NRL "invasion"... I'm sure that they have been having some sleepless nights knowing how proactive and aggressive the NRL are with their expansion plans...

Note the time frame mentioned of Perth's inclusion in the "medium to long term"...

Australia coach Mal Meninga insists the AFL doesn't have anything to worry about despite the announcement that Perth will host its first-ever rugby league Test in October.
The Kangaroos will face off against arch-rivals New Zealand at nib Stadium on October 15 in what will be another big step forward for rugby league in Western Australia.
Perth will also host two NRL games in 2016.

Aussie rules remains the state's biggest sport, but the NRL are keen to set up a permanent team in Perth at some point in the medium to long-term future.
Meninga would love to see the league expand when the time is right, but he said the AFL shouldn't be fretting about another sport creeping onto their turf.
"They don't have to be worried at all to be honest. It's a big enough place for all sports," Meninga said in Perth on Wednesday.
"We fully understand that AFL is the major sport here.
"But I'm a rugby league fan. There are rugby league fans over here. Let's hope that with the three games we can satisfy them."
Meninga said it was imperative for the NRL to ensure all of the teams were financially stable before going ahead with expansion.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-in-perth-20160127-gmewyv.html#ixzz3yThFZlm7
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

flippikat

Bench
Gees I wish the NRL and it's legendary players would just talk up their game.

For hell's sake, we need to go to Perth, and go to Adelaide and say we want a presence in all the major cities.

We also need to re-enforce our heartland that means Brisbane 2 & NZ 2.

it's not radical, it's just what the AFL, Big Bash League and A-League have (Every capital, plus a derby in the 2 or 3 biggest markets).

Even though it's a summer sport, the Basketball League is moving to bring back a Brisbane team because they know the importance of having a team in each of the 5 mainland state capitals.

alien

Referee
Big Mal has assured the AFL that they have nothing to worry about in respect of the NRL "invasion"...

he said that in regards to the test match, and after that he said "It's a big enough place for all sports".

meninga is wrong when he says all teams need to be stable before there can be expansion. perth shouldn't have to miss out because some clubs can't get their act together. if some clubs can't survive with all the money they are getting from the nrl, then they should be booted!

gallagher

Juniors
Just saw on Facebook a link for tickets to both the Souths game and the test match. $44 for just the Souths game or $144 for both.
$100 for a test? They really know how to promote the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They would need to get a minimum 15,000 attending,as PR says every club should have a minimum of 15,000 members.else they should not be in the NRL.:sarcasm:

Will be dissapointed if this doesnt break 15k even though it's Titans and will be $45 a ticket.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just saw on Facebook a link for tickets to both the Souths game and the test match. $44 for just the Souths game or $144 for both.
$100 for a test? They really know how to promote the game.

Yeh if you buy a double ticket the test is a bargain:
Best stand $100
South stand $88
Shed GA $55

God knows how much they will be stand alone!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Correct, price for Rabbitohs game $29 leaving test costing $55. Manly game also has the same prices.

Will be interesting to see prices for the Anzac test at Hunter in comparison.

jargan83

Coach
Same on sale date for the package I mentioned so I guess it will come down to which game of NRL you will definitely want to go to. Given I'll be going to both of them I'll probably go with the Sea Eagles vs Warriors package because the Gold Coast aren't going to attract the same crowd that hosting a Warriors game here in Perth will.

Is there a limit of tickets that one person can buy?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rugby league legend and new Australian coach Mal Meninga believes Perth could host a State of Origin clash at Burswood’s new Perth Stadium.

The Queensland Origin coach and former Australian captain has also thrown his weight behind the push for a Perth-based NRL franchise.

Meninga, who spent 10 years as Maroons coach before replacing Tim Sheens at the helm of the Kangaroos late last year, was in Perth yesterday as the NRL launched the first trans-Tasman Test for the city.

After leading the Maroons to victory in nine of the past 10 Origin series, Meninga will be in charge of just his second Test against New Zealand on October 15 at nib Stadium.

“Origin is a showpiece and I feel that you can have one game in Brisbane, one in Sydney and one around the world, the rugby league playing nations,” Meninga said.

“There’s no reason why we can’t be here in Perth. We’re in Melbourne now. To propagate our game we need to do things to showcase our game.”

He said rugby league wanted to expand to WA.

“It’s a national rugby league competition, there’s obviously talk about expansion and deep down that’s what we want to see,” he said.

“We want to see rugby league played at the highest level all through Australia. There’s a lot of things that need to happen before that, but being a true fan I’d like to see that one day. I think we all hope that happens.

“The game needs to foster the current teams and make sure they are all financially viable before those expansion talks go ahead, but you need to plan for the future and there are a lot of positives around rugby league here in the west.”

Meninga said bringing the Test to Perth, as well as two NRL matches in June and July at nib Stadium, was an important step in moving towards a new club. “Coming here and expanding our game and showcasing our game is really important,” he said. “There is plenty of support here.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/s...eninga-says-perth-could-host-state-of-origin/

Perth Red

Post Whore
For the first time in nine years I've decided to do something else that weekend. looks like I have finally been worn down by the NRL's inaction.