What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

mongoose

Coach
You've made a habit out of incorrectly claiming I've never been outside of Logan. You accused me of never being to Brisbane, too.
I'm not going to ridicule your situation. I have two dogs and one of them is still a puppy and can be a handful and I wouldn't leave her alone for too long either, but there is always kennels or catteries.

I don't get why you are blaming WA for hosting origin? if you don't like it so much, blame the NRL. A lot of people from the east are willing to do an weekend trip to Perth to watch Origin, whats wrong with that?

I'm not going to ridicule your situation. I have two dogs and one of them is still a puppy and can be a handful and I wouldn't leave her alone for too long either, but there is always kennels or catteries.

The animals I have are rescues that were abandoned by their previous owners. Just leaving the house for a few hours stresses them out.

I don't get why you are blaming WA for hosting origin? if you don't like it so much, blame the NRL. A lot of people from the east are willing to do an weekend trip to Perth to watch Origin, whats wrong with that?

My anger is primarily with the NRL for taking advantage of their fans in Brisbane and Sydney.

I'm angry with Perth Red for pretending the WA Gov is buying these games out of generosity for the QRL and NSWRL. They couldn't give a f**k about the game. They're doing it for selfish reasons that benefit their bottomline. The VenuesWest press release on a Perth-based NRL team confirms the WA Gov doesn't care about the game. They basically said the NRL should give them a team because it will draw tourists from Queensland and NSW and give Perth businesses more marketing opportunities in Brisbane and Sydney.

Canard

Immortal
I'm angry with Perth Red for pretending the WA Gov is buying these games out of generosity for the QRL and NSWRL. They couldn't give a f**k about the game. They're doing it for selfish reasons that benefit their bottomline. The VenuesWest press release on a Perth-based NRL team confirms the WA Gov doesn't care about the game. They basically said the NRL should give them a team because it will draw tourists from Queensland and NSW and give Perth businesses more marketing opportunities in Brisbane and Sydney.
League being given money, makes you angry?

Bukowski

Bench
I heard the back end of an interview with Jimmy Smith on SEN this morning. It was someone from Freshwater strategy who put helped the dolphins with their bid. They are working with the Perth bid and I found it interesting he mentioned the Jets. He said ' how good would it be to see the jets v the tigers at Leichhardt'

Sounds like they may be working towards a feeder agreement with Newtown.

ash the bash

Juniors
I think its great if the Perth Jets can happen.
- Iconic jersey majority blue except the sleeves.
- Slick branding potential, instead of a N have a P on a white shield as a logo.
- Plenty of hipster away support in Sydney away games :)

ash the bash

Juniors
I heard the back end of an interview with Jimmy Smith on SEN this morning. It was someone from Freshwater strategy who put helped the dolphins with their bid. They are working with the Perth bid and I found it interesting he mentioned the Jets. He said ' how good would it be to see the jets v the tigers at Leichhardt'

Sounds like they may be working towards a feeder agreement with Newtown.
Got a link of the interview by any chance,

Bukowski

Bench
I think its great if the Perth Jets can happen.
- Iconic jersey majority blue except the sleeves.
- Slick branding potential, instead of a N have a P on a white shield as a logo.
- Plenty of hipster away support in Sydney away games :)
I'd get behind the jets, blue collar club liked by most.
I don't have a link, not sure if SEN replay them. I'll have a look though

Iamback

Coach
I'd get behind the jets, blue collar club liked by most.
I don't have a link, not sure if SEN replay them. I'll have a look though

Them linking with a known name would be my option, Jets don't have any juniors though so both sides would need to have a plan for that

Perth Red

Post Whore
it’d be a win win with jets, they can re establish all age groups with funding from nrl team and we get an east coast pathway.
only downside is jets is a meh brand and nothing to do with perth and the nrl doesn’t need another blue and white branded club. They also dont really bring any fans or any money.

Id be all for a pirates team having A jets partnership though as our east coast pathway arm.

Iamback

Coach
Bit if money will fix that. Having a NSW cup feeder is the important bit.

I have mentioned my thoughts on a brand new team, As the poster above said it will get a few other supporters onboard which will help.

Come 20 years no one will know it was a Sydney team moved across

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have mentioned my thoughts on a brand new team, As the poster above said it will get a few other supporters onboard which will help.

Come 20 years no one will know it was a Sydney team moved across
But what’s the advantage? Is a team called jets going to get perth people excited? Not really, do they have a large Sydney fanbase who would migrate over to a perth jets club, no, their fans number in the couple of thousand.
Do they have money to help with pathways funding? No. Do they have a strong Sydney based jnr pathway System? No.

only thing jets offer is an opprtunity for a perth club to establish a new jnr pathway system based in Sydney run by a Semi established second tier club. I’m not sure that’s enough to justify giving up on Perth having its own identity and the nrl having a better brand in the comp.