What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Perth Red

Post Whore
It was enough to get the attention of David Moffitt which in turn is launching his own bid... and that's getting headlines and he'll be meeting V’landys.. but more importantly there's a ground swell starting to form on the South island demanding inclusion..the fans! There's hype building..
I remember when the NRL had to decide between Central Coast, Wellington and Gold Coast.. they were all commanding attention and headlines. The Gold Coast voted with their feet with sell outs at carrara and the Gold Coast bulletin giving the bid the front page many times, a massivebuildof momentum and hype.. Gold Coast in!
Same is happening in Christchurch.. WA playing catch up now but they haven't even started running..
We were there in 2012. It made zero influence in the outcome.
we got 45k to nrl event last year in perth, if that doesn’t send the nrl a message no amount of ai logos or podcast interviews will.

Perth Red

Post Whore
45k at last years double header
coaches wanting perth
clubs massively favouring perth
vlandys ongoing discussions with govt
Vlandys stating that they could bring png and perth in

presuming the business case is going well I’m sure we will be in contention.

Colk

First Grade
coaches wanting perth

When did he state that?

Perth Red

Post Whore
When did he state that?
In relation to 70% of clubs wanting perth as club 18

march 8th

“That’s not surprising about Perth, but we’re deep in discussion with the federal government on Papua New Guinea. It’s no secret we want to go to 20 teams and Perth is certainly in the mix. We can do both.” - Peter V’landys.

final say

Juniors
coaches wanting perth

Coaches?
Honestly though, is anything happening currently? Are people into NRL over there atm ?
Haven't heard anything since the double header.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Coaches?
Honestly though, is anything happening currently? Are people into NRL over there atm ?
Haven't heard anything since the double header.
All we know is what’s been mentioned in passing. The wa govt has had numerous discussion with the nrl and the consultancy firm has been working with interested parties to develop the business case.

cumins has been unusually quiet which makes me think they have agreed to do this behind closed doors instead of through the media.
it’ll either be a bit out of the blue or nrl will have chosen to go somewhere else and it will be quietly forgotten about so as not to embarrass the govt.

final say

Juniors
All we know is what’s been mentioned in passing. The wa govt has had numerous discussion with the nrl and the consultancy firm has been working with interested parties to develop the business case.

cumins has been unusually quiet which makes me think they have agreed to do this behind closed doors instead of through the media.
it’ll either be a bit out of the blue or nrl will have chosen to go somewhere else and it will be quietly forgotten about so as not to embarrass the govt.
Link ?

MugaB

Coach
Vlandys has mentioned he has had numerous conversations with wa govt, the guy form the consultancy firm engaged to put the bid pieces together and make a recommendation to govt has said it’s well progressed. They are playing it behind closed doors which is interesting, can’t decide if it’s a good or bad thing. Ideally you’d be hyping it up if we are a serious chance to milk the excitement, but having been burnt with the reds/pirates bid in 2012 maybe they want to keep it all on the qt until we know which way the nrl is going.
one thing is for sure, the arlc won’t be deciding bids on ai generated logos or how many column inches you can get in a Sydney newspaper.
You have no clue about what the arlc are wanting lol, you still think Perth and Adelaide are nessesary, as if its about metros

Perth Red

Post Whore
You have no clue about what the arlc are wanting lol, you still think Perth and Adelaide are nessesary, as if its about metros
March 8th

“That’s not surprising about Perth, but we’re deep in discussion with the federal government on Papua New Guinea. It’s no secret we want to go to 20 teams and Perth is certainly in the mix. We can do both.” - Peter V’landys.

politis feb 2024

We can’t ignore Perth when you have the Premier [WA Premier Roger Cook] wanting to come into the competition. I met the Premier myself who said they have a lot of big businessmen ready to back them. I told [ARLC chairman Peter] V’landys and [NRL CEO Andrew] Abdo

Latest posts