What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Nuke

Staff member
It is awesome, I have to say. I know they intentionally make them imperfect to discourage fraudsters selling replicas online as 'genuine players jerseys', but the only things I've picked up that aren't correct is the lack of the CCC manufacturer's logo on the chest and the scrawny chevrons inside the ARL badge (which is hard for me not to notice!). Otherwise, it looks like a ¼ sleeve bang-on accurate replica (my old one has ¾ sleeves).

Bukowski

Juniors
It is awesome, I have to say. I know they intentionally make them imperfect to discourage fraudsters selling replicas online as 'genuine players jerseys', but the only things I've picked up that aren't correct is the lack of the CCC manufacturer's logo on the chest and the scrawny chevrons inside the ARL badge (which is hard for me not to notice!). Otherwise, it looks like a ¼ sleeve bang-on accurate replica (my old one has ¾ sleeves).
Loved 3/4 sleeves. Look so much better

final say

Juniors
Does anyone have anything on Perth's progress?
Travelling around the East coast there's a real buzz about the season, feels like I can talk footy with everyone I meet. Like to know the numbers but this has to be the biggest Leagues ever been! Most popular that I've ever seen it.
How is it being received on the West Coast?

Bukowski

Juniors
A
Travelling around the East coast there's a real buzz about the season, feels like I can talk footy with everyone I meet. Like to know the numbers but this has to be the biggest Leagues ever been! Most popular that I've ever seen it.
All league fans are feeling the excitement around the game. We're kicking ass at the moment.

I`m just hoping against hope that we are going to hear a big announcement coming out of Perth soon that blows everybody else out of the water.
I do find at the moment that the silence is deafening and there is a bit of the first Kiwi bid about it, we`re going to do this, we`re going to that, and then nothing. Any way here`s to hoping.

Bukowski

Juniors
I`m just hoping against hope that we are going to hear a big announcement coming out of Perth soon that blows everybody else out of the water.
I do find at the moment that the silence is deafening and there is a bit of the first Kiwi bid about it, we`re going to do this, we`re going to that, and then nothing. Any way here`s to hoping.
It would be nice to know what was going on but I don't think it's a bad strategy to just go about the bid without making big public announcements.

final say

Juniors
It would be nice to know what was going on but I don't think it's a bad strategy to just go about the bid without making big public announcements.
I disagree, with the announcement of a location at the end of the year ( presumably everything is still on the table) you want headlines, you want hope and a push from the public- a ground swell of support from your area that will make the NRL take notice! Remember that the winning bid won't be announced just the location, so you can be working on the best bid ever and it won't matter..because they are looking at locations first.
Every article is about Christchurch now, 2 bids and packed stadiums...
Perth needs to start making some noise ( other than Perth Red) if it wants to be the next location.
Time is ticking...

Bukowski

Juniors
I disagree, with the announcement of a location at the end of the year ( presumably everything is still on the table) you want headlines, you want hope and a push from the public- a ground swell of support from your area that will make the NRL take notice! Remember that the winning bid won't be announced just the location, so you can be working on the best bid ever and it won't matter..because they are looking at locations first.
Every article is about Christchurch now, 2 bids and packed stadiums...
Perth needs to start making some noise ( other than Perth Red) if it wants to be the next location.
Time is ticking...
I'm sure they're in discussions with the NRL. Press releases about glitzy Vegas launches mean squat.

final say

Juniors
I'm sure they're in discussions with the NRL. Press releases about glitzy Vegas launches mean squat.
It was enough to get the attention of David Moffitt which in turn is launching his own bid... and that's getting headlines and he'll be meeting V’landys.. but more importantly there's a ground swell starting to form on the South island demanding inclusion..the fans! There's hype building..
I remember when the NRL had to decide between Central Coast, Wellington and Gold Coast.. they were all commanding attention and headlines. The Gold Coast voted with their feet with sell outs at carrara and the Gold Coast bulletin giving the bid the front page many times, a massivebuildof momentum and hype.. Gold Coast in!
Same is happening in Christchurch.. WA playing catch up now but they haven't even started running..

Bukowski

Juniors
It was enough to get the attention of David Moffitt which in turn is launching his own bid... and that's getting headlines and he'll be meeting V’landys.. but more importantly there's a ground swell starting to form on the South island demanding inclusion..the fans! There's hype building..
I remember when the NRL had to decide between Central Coast, Wellington and Gold Coast.. they were all commanding attention and headlines. The Gold Coast voted with their feet with sell outs at carrara and the Gold Coast bulletin giving the bid the front page many times, a massivebuildof momentum and hype.. Gold Coast in!
Same is happening in Christchurch.. WA playing catch up now but they haven't even started running..
I doubt your last sentence is true.

final say

Juniors
Very true, standing at that pier waving at the boat
Going to announce a location in 6 to 9 months..the NRL would be paying very close attention to where is making the most noise. want to start making some serious noise soon.

It's basically an election year for a league location. The WA campaign is off to a VERY slow start.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Vlandys has mentioned he has had numerous conversations with wa govt, the guy form the consultancy firm engaged to put the bid pieces together and make a recommendation to govt has said it’s well progressed. They are playing it behind closed doors which is interesting, can’t decide if it’s a good or bad thing. Ideally you’d be hyping it up if we are a serious chance to milk the excitement, but having been burnt with the reds/pirates bid in 2012 maybe they want to keep it all on the qt until we know which way the nrl is going.
one thing is for sure, the arlc won’t be deciding bids on ai generated logos or how many column inches you can get in a Sydney newspaper.

Latest posts