What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Force

fieldo

Juniors
Bad luck for them.
Brumbies just too good.
Wonder what the crowd will be next game
I guess alot less.

and if they lose again

who knows?

morri (cWo)

First Grade
i have a feeling there crowds will stay preety strong throughout the season. a loss here and there might hurt. but 37k is still a massive crowd.

Woods99

Juniors
The people of Perth really wanted the franchise, they showed their enthusiasm over a long period of time.

They will support the Force, simply because they want to watch top-class rugby. Win, lose, or draw, they will see the best players in the Southern Hemisphere, which means the best in the world. Why wouldn't they keep attending?:D

phonetic

Juniors
Are they playing the entire year at Subiaco? I was informed that they'd be at the ground where Perth Glory were playing.

Back on to topic. The crowds won't stay near 37k. How low they go will depend on performance.

xxxx!

Juniors
phonetic said:
Are they playing the entire year at Subiaco? I was informed that they'd be at the ground where Perth Glory were playing.

Back on to topic. The crowds won't stay near 37k. How low they go will depend on performance.

The Force will be playing at Subiaco untill the foreseeable future , putting the MES stadium upgrade in total jeopardy .

The 37k will go down slowly to their membership numbers .
Some points from the game .
The average age of spectators would have been about 55 years .
Absolutely NO kids or teenagers to speak of .
Most of the crowd looked like stadium going virgins .
A lot of moneyed types and South Africans and Poms .
I was on the wings and the viewing was a lot worse than I thought for RU (good for AR) during the congested ruck movements which was a large part of the game .

Those people behind the goals area wont last too long at all .

I can remember all the movements because there was so few of them .
An even gsme for 60 mins , but just too many and too long a period stoppages .

fieldo

Juniors
Early season but Rugby Union is so full of stoppages (not always but in the majority) and the scrums are so boring (unless you want to see two teams crush each others necks)

We will see but playing at Subiaco will do this game no favours. Crowds will go down to their membership levels is a good statement.

Shame about Mckay out for season....he was going to be important for the team

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think they were more than competative

they actually lead at about 3/4 of the way through the game, but Brumbies just too classy in the end

xxxx!

Juniors
fieldo said:
Early season but Rugby Union is so full of stoppages (not always but in the majority) and the scrums are so boring (unless you want to see two teams crush each others necks)

Actually I dont mind a good scrum , with lots of pushing ,especially a pushover type try and also the lineouts and the kicking for goal .It gives the game diversity over the game of RL . However I hate the delays in sttings these things up , especially when they continually have to repack the scrums .When the Ref called the captains over , they just ambled over and had a good yarn . the controll is good , but the lack of haste spoils things .

Johns Magic

Referee
rugbynotsoccer said:
magic moment was when gerrard flattened that poor guy

You dickhead. The guy could've sustained a serious neck injury, and had to be carried off in a stretcher. That's how careers are ended. He's lucky he didn't become a quadriplegic.

His head was in the wrong place, it wasn't as if Gerrard made a massive hit on him anyway.

"Magic moment" indeed...

Thomas

First Grade
The player knocked out was Josh Graham. Obviously a season with the Melbourne Storm didn't help his defence.

Parra Guru

Coach
Go the force. I'm a part time Rugby fan but I've stopped following the Waratah's due to their increase in seating prices and lack of favourable results.

I just really need Foxtel.

Parra Guru

Coach
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
So how can you support Parramatta?
At least the Tah's got to the final last year......

Because I can go to 2 Parramatta games for the price of One Waratah's games, and I don't have to sit behind the goal posts.

Parra Guru

Coach
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
Not questioning the price of seats git, you said "lack of favourable results."

You tell me what more, apart from the final we could have done last year?

Mate, it's just in general. The hike their prices up when they haven't won sh!t. I did like going to watch them, but it is getting too expensive. Good luck, I hope they win it some day soon, but I'll choose not to go.

meltiger

First Grade
37K to their debut game.

So much for the hundreds of thousands of rugby loving immigrants they have over there ....... LMFAO