What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm *Live Updates*

shadow grinder

First Grade
now im not taking away from the tigers performance....but i thought the ref was sh*t! Cost us a try or 2 but i thought he was horrible ALL game for BOTH teams.

Storm>>>ball handling skills of a lesbian. They also need to read the rule book and get the tackles down and get off the player who is playing the ball.

I thought blair was fantastic!!! Awesome player...he should be on the bench from now on. Geyer was awful in defence and for some reason he thinks rushing up and in is a good defensive technique.....i can tell you know boofa it isnt. Turner has gotta be the slowest winger ever...vs the roosters he was out run by soward and this week by whaturia(sp).

I thought cronk played good but he did a orford and went missing for about 20 or so minutes....hill was back to some of his stupid sh*t agian...we need a new defence coach and someone to teach the guys the rules because we cant play like that every week and expect to make the 8 in the end.

dodge said:
Be a bloody graceful winner. The Storm showed power and skill over a very weary and tired Tigers team in the final 20 minutes. A similar display between 65-80 mins next week v NQ will see Wests get mowed, no matter the margin before hand. It wasn't a great game and Melbourne never deserved to win, but give credit where it's due, Melbourne got across the line very well in the late stages.

How is he being ungraceful?

Your contributions aren't necessary

camsmith said:
Slater will be fine ffs, Bloody tigers supporters giving him so respect.

Storm played sh*t for 65 minutes.. who knows what would have happened if we played well for even 60 mins. Anyway well done Tigers (i guess)

Who knows what would have happened if the Tigers had played well for 80 minutes?

Mal Meninga

Bench
Is he the kiwi junior?
He had great skill, big future ahead of him.
Big and strong, he had a great offload and pace not usually seen.
Looks like a rich mans version of Kidwell.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Mal Meninga said:
Is he the kiwi junior?
He had great skill, big future ahead of him.
Big and strong, he had a great offload and pace not usually seen.
Looks like a rich mans version of Kidwell.

that adam blair...ive been dying to see him in storm colours for years and finally he played and showed some awesome skills...he has really good ball skills for a big fella and has size and aggression.

Eddie.

Bench
The Tigers played some bloody great footy today in the first 60.

The way we used the football was awesome. Quick hands all over the place.

Last 20 was garbage though.

Eddie. said:
The Tigers played some bloody great footy today in the first 60.

The way we used the football was awesome. Quick hands all over the place.

Last 20 was garbage though.

Mate, don't make the inference that the Tigers allowed Melbourne back into the game through inept defence and their impetuosity in attack. You will be accussed by the forum's self-appointed arbitrator of displaying a want of grace.

DeeGan

Bench
The Wests Tigers for about 60 minutes of this game were reminiscent of the 2005 Tigers in the second half of the season. Benji Marshall proved he is as important to this Tigers team as a Johns, Lockyer or Gower is to their respective teams. All class from the New Zealand superstar. With Matt Bowen and Andrew Johns, he is a player who just has me on the end of my seat when he is on the field.

I was most impressed with the play of John Skandalis and Anthony Laffranchi today as well. They played strongly paving the away for the Tigers little men.

Jason Robinson did have a poor game today though the Storm were never in the contest when heading in to halftime. They dominated the first 10 minutes of play with the bulk of possession though did not see any real quality ball until the back end of the game that led to the mini fightback.

colonel_123

Juniors
Tomm said:
what did slater do

Skandalis was holding Slater around the ankles and Slater lashed out with his foot kicking Skandalis in the head.

I've yet to see a replay of it but on the hill I saw it clear as day (along with 15000 other people on the hill) and on the one look I got I think Slater could be in trouble.

But it will probably come down to whether there's any video footage of it.

Sure riled Skandalis up but, he looked ready to tear Slater's head off!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm sorry, and why should Slater be penalised? Because his foot connected with poor widdle Johnny's face? Give me a break, Skando shouldn't have been holding on and I'm sure if Billy meant to kick him the face he would've done a bit more damage than that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Awww, no logical comeback...

Clearly you cared enough to respond, f**knut.

tiger_nick

Bench
From about 10-65 minute mark Wests were on fire. I'll admit I thought we got the majority of the 50/50 calls but thats what a big home crowd will do for you.

Lolesi and Slater should both be in a lot of trouble IMO. Slater is such a cat, didnt run the ball once until Skando went off the field. Then on a kick return Skando was infront of him and he throws a wild 20m pass to his winger who had no room. Its lucky White was there, otherwise Skando would probably have been marched for punching the sh*t out of Slater. I have honestly never seen a bloke look so scared for so long on a footy field

shadow grinder

First Grade
tiger_nick said:
From about 10-65 minute mark Wests were on fire. I'll admit I thought we got the majority of the 50/50 calls but thats what a big home crowd will do for you.

Lolesi and Slater should both be in a lot of trouble IMO. Slater is such a cat, didnt run the ball once until Skando went off the field. Then on a kick return Skando was infront of him and he throws a wild 20m pass to his winger who had no room. Its lucky White was there, otherwise Skando would probably have been marched for punching the sh*t out of Slater. I have honestly never seen a bloke look so scared for so long on a footy field

f**k ild be scared too....but slater would be a moron to try and stand up to skando...he would only get himself crunched in a tackle and perhaps knocked the frigg out.

vlad

juniors
dodge said:
Be a bloody graceful winner. The Storm showed power and skill over a very weary and tired Tigers team in the final 20 minutes. A similar display between 65-80 mins next week v NQ will see Wests get mowed, no matter the margin before hand. It wasn't a great game and Melbourne never deserved to win, but give credit where it's due, Melbourne got across the line very well in the late stages.

doesn't matter how you sugar coat it ... consolation tries when the game has been won are consolation tries .

The Storm only scored them when the Tigers put the cue in the rack ... and in the Storm coach's own words ....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Magic-Marshall-slays-Melbourne-Storm/2006/04/02/1143916400801.html

"They just felt sorry for us," said Storm coach Craig Bellamy.
"We are the worst team in the competition with completion rates and we didn't improve today."

;-)

Balmain_Boy

dodge said:
I'm sorry, and why should Slater be penalised? Because his foot connected with poor widdle Johnny's face? Give me a break, Skando shouldn't have been holding on and I'm sure if Billy meant to kick him the face he would've done a bit more damage than that.
I couldn't be bothered responding logically because the above load of tripe shows your inability to comprehend said logic. But what the heck, YES Slater should be penalised for kicking another player in the head, the same way Lolesi should be penalised for his forearm connecting with Johnson's head.

Latest posts