What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weststigers Wasteland

lol, you had to be in an alternate universe to come up with your take Hosking

You’re in the “21 fg games = fringe and cup player” camp too are you, lol.

Even “ fringie” conceded the fight last night.

Now he’s sulking away at my rat boy tribute.

Stop being a karen.

Not even the panthers described him as a fringe player.

They said he sought a release, he wasn’t pushed.

He jumped from the moving bus and that’s the end of it.

All this other smuggy “cunning plan” stuff is delusional and belongs with the elves at the paceway board meetings.

Besides, Ricky simply doesn’t rim fringe players.

21 games despite a full and healthy squad and he’s a “fringe player”

Do I need to quote from panther official sources for you? Lol.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
You’re in the “21 fg games = fringe and cup player” camp too are you, lol.

Even “ fringie” conceded the fight last night.

Now he’s sulking away at my rat boy tribute.

Stop being a karen.

Not even the panthers described him as a fringe player.

They said he sought a release, he wasn’t pushed.

He jumped from the moving bus and that’s the end of it.

All this other smuggy “cunning plan” stuff is delusional and belongs with the elves at the paceway board meetings.

Besides, Ricky simply doesn’t rim fringe players.

21 games despite a full and healthy squad and he’s a “ fringe player”

That’s preposterous karen!
Who are you leaving out to play him? Martin, Sorronson or Garner? Even if you play him in the middle, which you wouldn't he aint ahead of Fish, Leota, Smith or Spencer. Spencer being gone will be filled by either Sorrenson going back to the middle or rotating through some up & comers, not a journeyman. Sorro back to the middle we have other options for backrow anyway. His only way in is injury.

I like him, he is a good player, but he isn't in our top 17. Not in the top 17 is the definition of fringe.

Now he has 3 years and I imagine a decent pay bump and form permitting a top 17 spot. Ivan is responsible for more resurrections than Jesus.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Raiders offered Hosking $500,00 per year for his deal.

He was on less than 1/2 of that for 24. It was the last year of his contract. Penrith had already told him, he wasn't in their future plans beyond 24.
When this deal came up, Penrith decided it was in Hoskings best interests to let him leave.

If you are too brain dead, stupid not to see that, I can't help you.

Who are you leaving out to play him? Martin, Sorronson or Garner? Even if you play him in the middle, which you wouldn't he aint ahead of Fish, Leota, Smith or Spencer. Spencer being gone will be filled by either Sorrenson going back to the middle or rotating through some up & comers, not a journeyman. Sorro back to the middle we have other options for backrow anyway. His only way in is injury.

I like him, he is a good player, but he isn't in our top 17. Not in the top 17 is the definition of fringe.

Now he has 3 years and I imagine a decent pay bump and form permitting a top 17 spot. Ivan is responsible for more resurrections than Jesus.

They preferred Hosking over another player, not once or twice, not eight or nine times, not even fourteen or fifteen times but f**king 21 times lol.

I’m not sure when the LU moderator psychological assessments are due this pre season, and sorry to disappoint, but let’s just say I’m a bit too busy to write you a reference this year.

But buddy @General Stripes, he’s smarter than me and I’m sure he’d be happy to assist.

Karen!

Raiders offered Hosking $500,00 per year for his deal.

He was on less than 1/2 of that for 24. It was the last year of his contract. Penrith had already told him, he wasn't in their future plans beyond 24.
When this deal came up, Penrith decided it was in Hoskings best interests to let him leave.

If you are too brain dead, stupid not to see that, I can't help you.

Now our “fringe player” is on $500k a season!

This just keeps on getting better and better…

soc123_au

Staff member
They preferred Hosking over another player, not once or twice, not eight or nine times, not even fourteen or fifteen times but f**king 21 times lol.

I’m not sure when the LU moderator psychological assessments are due this pre season, and sorry to disappoint, but let’s just say I’m a bit too busy to write you a reference this year.

But buddy @General Stripes, he’s smarter than me and I’m sure he’d be happy to assist.

Karen!
Garner started ahead of him to start the year, but was injured and took a while to get back to where he needed to be, Martin was injured, Tago was injured. Sorro was out as well for a bit too.

In any case, you dodged the relevant question. Who are you dropping to play him?

WA Tiger

Bench
N
I've deleted this post to take some fuel off the fire

It was for T Silv P..Apologies if this was taken as directed at anyone else...not whatsoever!
That's me at least done with this stuff
Your post was the post of the day. If it’s the one I liked which looks like it is..
The structure was brilliant. Disappointed it’s gone.That stuff desperately needs to be aired. And the forces that are at play need to be clarified (which u did) as some don’t even realise I’m sure.

Last edited:
Garner started ahead of him to start the year, but was injured and took a while to get back to where he needed to be, Martin was injured, Tago was injured. Sorro was out as well for a bit too.

In any case, you dodged the relevant question. Who are you dropping to play him?

“ for a bit”

“ took awhile”

Which one of your nominated players was out for a full 21 games?

Enlighten me.

The battle of Hosking was over last night, when Charlie threw the towel in.

Resistance is useless.

Ivan and co f**ked Hosking up and he wanted out. A good solid regular first grader was betrayed.

There was no grand plan or operation overlord.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
“ for a bit”

“ took awhile”

Which one of your nominated players was out for a full 21 games?

Enlighten me.

The battle of Hosking was over last night, when Charlie threw the towel in.

Resistance is useless.

Ivan and co f**ked Hosking up and wanted out.

There was no grand plan or operation overlord.
Who are you dropping?

No one is stupid enough to suggest that 1 player needed to miss 21 games for Hosking to play, so don't sink to that. Tell me how many games Hosking played when Tago, Sorro, Martin and Garner also played, we will start the fringe discussion with that number and see how it looks.

WA Tiger

Bench
I've deleted this post to take some fuel off the fire

It was for T Silv P..Apologies if this was taken as directed at anyone else...not whatsoever!
That's me at least done with this stuff
That lack of courage and fear of the consequences will lead to the same old same old..Thankfully it was seen. So thanks

Last edited:
Who are you dropping?

No one is stupid enough to suggest that 1 player needed to miss 21 games for Hosking to play, so don't sink to that. Tell me how many games Hosking played when Tago, Sorro, Martin and Garner also played, we will start the fringe discussion with that number and see how it looks.

There’s no fringe discussion to be had Socky.

He was in the first grade squad on no less than 21 occasions.

The panthers described him as “integral to the squad”

They didn’t ask him to leave, he pushed his way out the door.

The fact that he wasn’t set aside for most of last year is evidence of the high regard they had for his game.

He played almost double the games of some of your candidates.

The Hosking affair was the result of poor conduct and management at high levels of the panther kingdom.

Zac wasn’t a fringe player, he wasn’t a cup player. He was integral to the squad and he wanted out.

Facts dont care about our feelings. Neither yours or mine.

soc123_au

Staff member
There’s no fringe discussion to be had Socky.

He was in the first grade squad on no less than 21 occasions.

The panthers described him as “integral to the squad”

They didn’t ask him to leave, he pushed his way out the door.

The fact that he wasn’t set aside for most of last year is evidence of the high regard they had for his game.

He played almost double the games of some of your candidates.

The Hosking affair was the result of poor conduct and management.

Zac wasn’t a fringe player, he wasn’t a cup player. He was integral to the squad and he wanted out.

Facts dont care about our feelings. Neither yours or mine.
Still cant answer the question huh?

Hell of a lot of word salad to say, yes you have me there, I wouldn't have him ahead of any of them.

As I said, good player. Not in our top 17. Found an extra 2 years with a big pay rise. Ivan kindly said Congrats Zac, thats a great offer. As much as we would like you here as depth next year, we really think you should take that & are under the circumstances willing to waive your contractual obligation to us in order to secure the financial future for you and your family.

They probably then hugged. Zac would have thanked him for last year and for plucking him out of obscurity so that some of lesser clubs would offer him a winning lotto ticket because they are too shit to develop anyone themselves.