What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are we missing?

Apey

Staff member
I don't buy into the inexperienced half stuff either. Our inexperienced half is just shitter than the other inexperienced halves, tbh.

RABK

Referee
Geez a backrow of Beau Scott, Wade Graham and Greg Bird would be nice. Shift House upfront to be a 50-60 minute prop.

8. Snowden
9. Ballin
10. Houston
11. Scott
12. Graham
13. Bird

Knightmare

Coach
Boys its obvious,grandad Bennett is past it ,he knew it ,he took the $4 mill,Tinki got sucked in ,as did all you poor fans.:D:D

So I take it you were ecstatic when Wayne didn't go to Souths?

#1 thing this team needs is discipline.

Honestly, fix that, stop throwing stupid hospital passes on the second tackle or dropping the ball cold in soft tackles and the Knights would be a solid top 8 side, instead of scraping into the finals then getting knocked out first week by Melbourne or Canterbury being seen as a good season...

Yosh

Coach
How do i be subtle about this...

We need SBW.

Lol. On a serious note, i think we have some great players and we are just taking time to gel. I obviously want to win every game as well but we need patience. We need to believe in WB and Tinks.

I even though Sau was alright tonight.

Robbie 12

Juniors
I thought wayne, would have at least worked on the teams fitness levels, in the off season, I think that's why the team really looks slow, maybe they just don't seem fit enough, or maybe they are just lacking motivation....I think that mason really needs to inspire the forwards to step up if the backs are not cutting the cheese...I think that's our best bet or we just have to suffer until the two boys come back...

RABK

Referee
Well in another month it'll require a Parramatta 2009 like performance to make the finals and we certainly have no Hayne capable of carrying us like that so either things start clicking instead of gelling soon or this season is gone.

hugzy

Juniors
Lol at the panic. One thing I learnt from following man utd is to not panic after some bad results, especially when u have the best coach in the business

We played well tonoght but jt was on a different planet, we should consider ourselves lucky we only face him twice while nsw have to endure him thrice...

knights girl

Juniors
Mullen is a big part of the teams problem in attack. He is seriously "average". He has been saying for 4 years now that he needs to take control and step up....yeah well it hasn't happened. His defence is good granted but week after week he gets the ball on the 5th tackle and shit all happens. His kicking game is woeful. His attacking choices are wrong. He does not direct the team around the field. While ever we have him and gidley in the halves then we will not get near a finals berth. Bennett has a lot of problems to fix in the halves.

Johns Magic

Referee
I would love to see how Mullen goes at fullback. Unfurtunately that would require getting a couple of decent halves. All hypothetical and it would never happen, but I reckon he has a lot of the traits required.

Jono078

Referee
Mullen could play a few positions quite well IMO.

Regardless, that's not what we're missing :p

Id love to know what Bennett's thoughts are on this year so far. But his comment that was along the lines I've seen us now and I know what to do moving forward is interesting.

Whether that means he knows what personnel he likes, the best way to have us playing etc who knows.

And a for the record, a lot of people on here seem to go very emo after a loss. But I still believe in this season and doing something decent with it. The only thing I agree with is what RABK and JM said about us being a bit one dimensional in attack and not taking the ball to the line and then passing. All the top teams do it, you can't play before the line and get great success much these days.

aqua_duck

Coach
And a for the record, a lot of people on here seem to go very emo after a loss. But I still believe in this season and doing something decent with it. The only thing I agree with is what RABK and JM said about us being a bit one dimensional in attack and not taking the ball to the line and then passing. All the top teams do it, you can't play before the line and get great success much these days.

The thing is our handling is so poor as it is, you have to learn to crawl before you can walk, until the forwards learn to respect the ball abit more I don't think we can play that way

Jono078

Referee
Yeah true. The handling has been atrocious. It's also repeat offenders when it comes to the handling..

I can't stand it when Costigan and Taia make errors because you expect it every game and they never fail to deliver. Our front rowers are good for an error between them too.

aqua_duck

Coach
Yeah true. The handling has been atrocious. It's also repeat offenders when it comes to the handling..

I can't stand it when Costigan and Taia make errors because you expect it every game and they never fail to deliver. Our front rowers are good for an error between them too.

What kills me even more about Zeb is his defence, he is deadset the Chris Sandow of backrowers

Knightmare

Coach
I watched a recording a while back of Wayne speaking at a teachers' conference, and he was talking about expectations. He related a story about when he was Broncos coach and one season, early on the team had an unexpected loss in which a number of players put in a poor showing. After the match, Wayne spoke to the players and said that they weren't playing to the level he expected of them, and they had until the end of the season to prove their worth to the side. The Broncos went on to bow out in the semis and Wayne sacked the players in question afterwards. They came to him asking why he let them go and he said "I told you earlier this year what I expected and you still didn't deliver. I warned you but you still didn't step up."

I get a feeling Wayne may have had such conversations recently. Perhaps a few of the squad are on notice? I hope....

Latest posts