What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you eating right now?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Did you read that story about Shane Richardson this week?

After eating like a sparrow at fancy restaurants-sponsors connoisseur meals, he’d get home and tuck into his Fish Fingers.

Lol, yes i would imagine Richo tucking into the delights of Birds Eye fish fingers :D

On another note, a very good friend of mine who used to be the vice chancellor at UTS and is still on the UTS board and goes to every game at Leichhardt reckons even with the BBQ out the back the food that is put on for them after the game is excellent, he does love his prawns .

Cheese burger with pineapple and some potato scallops from the take away down the road. burgers was very tasty, scallops meh.

View attachment 83976
Yeah, it’s one of those light burgers, buns appear larger, fresh and ripened tomato and onion.

The second bite is best, once your mouth has acclimatised to the flavour, defying the laws of supply and demand.

I’d add an accent of bbq sauce, but not overkill.

Standard scallops, I hazard a guess that prior to cooking, they had too long a tenure on the display tray.

And as you know, they have to be hot and fresh before they crust and dry out. This is only a question of a few minutes regrettably, but life or death as far as the consumption experience of said scallop is concerned.

I pray you had some fresh lemon handy and perhaps some salt ( a half measure).

I would have gone chips myself, but I appreciate your courage and I’m in general sympathy.

Im also impressed with the size of the portion, just squeaking through and modest. I should be left slightly unsatisfied myself, but soon remedied with fish finger chasers.

I have to ask our culinary companion @blue bags as to whether or not he would start on the scallops as the appetiser or trip the light fandango and seize the day with a bullish bite of that bumptious burger?

Thank you for posting @horrie hastings love your stuff.

I’ve suddenly became a tad peckish at this point.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeah, it’s one of those light burgers, buns appear larger, fresh and ripened tomato and onion.

The second bite is best, once your mouth has acclimatised to the flavour, defying the laws of supply and demand.

I’d add an accent of bbq sauce, but not overkill.

Standard scallops, I hazard a guess that prior to cooking, they had too long a tenure on the display tray.

And as you know, they have to be hot and fresh before they crust and dry out. This is only a question of a few minutes regrettably, but life or death as far as the consumption experience of said scallop is concerned.

I pray you had some fresh lemon handy and perhaps some salt ( a half measure).

I would have gone chips myself, but I appreciate your courage and I’m in general sympathy.

Im also impressed with the size of the portion, just squeaking through and modest. I should be left slightly unsatisfied myself, but soon remedied with fish finger chasers.

I have to ask our culinary companion @blue bags as to whether or not he would start on the scallops as the appetiser or trip the light fandango and seize the day with a bullish bite of that bumptious burger?

Thank you for posting @horrie hastings love your stuff.

I’ve suddenly became a tad peckish at this point.
I used to make this local place my lunch spot at least every second week on a Wednesday when i finished work at
1 pm, i work later on a Wed now so either take my lunch to work or get something in the centre . I will never say this place makes the best burger but they are always fairly decent, sometimes better than before other times average but never bad, today it was just the wife there making them, usually her husband makes the burgers but he wasn't there today and i have to say i really enjoyed it today, very tasty. The scallops are usually more hit than miss but felt like them today, they were neither here or there, i will sometimes order a battered sav from there, while they are not any where near the Easter Show standard for Pluto Pups/ Dagwood Dogs i secretly enjoy them and never feel guilty about having one. Will say their chips are pretty decent but didn't feel like them today.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I actually got 4 scallops but only put 2 on the plate to start with and they were the 2 smallest ones, i was going to leave the other 2 to eat later but actually ate all of them before the burger.

I actually got 4 scallops but only put 2 on the plate to start with and they were the 2 smallest ones, i was going to leave the other 2 to eat later but actually ate all of them before the burger.
This sounds strange Horrie, but I had a break attending to your post and as i walked back to bedroom, I wondered in what order you attacked the menu items.

I put myself in your shoes and decided I should honour the role, if not the presence and intent of the scallops, by a lunge and perhaps an exploratory subdued mastication of the largest of them.

Quantitiy say 34% of the whole and an adroit yet honest consumption thereof.

Perhaps some fizzy drink.

Then grab the burger, a short period of admiration for its aesthetic wonder, revolving it gently, closing my eyes, and in for the kill.

Whereupon it manifests as flavoursome as it looks and out of concern for its rapid loss of ambient temperature, I might avail myself of smaller second bite before revisiting the unresolved issue of the scallops, silently beckoning me to put them out of their misery on that delightful plate.

horrie hastings

First Grade
This sounds strange Horrie, but I had a break attending to your post and as i walked back to bedroom, I wondered in what order you attacked the menu items.

I put myself in your shoes and decided I should honour the role, if not the presence and intent of the scallops, by a lunge and perhaps an exploratory subdued mastication of the largest of them.

Quantitiy say 34% of the whole and an adroit yet honest consumption thereof.

Perhaps some fizzy drink.

Then grab the burger, a short period of admiration for its aesthetic wonder, revolving it gently, closing my eyes, and in for the kill.

Whereupon it manifests as flavoursome as it looks and out of concern for its rapid loss of ambient temperature, I might avail myself of smaller second bite before revisiting the unresolved issue of the scallops, silently beckoning me to put them out of their misery on that delightful plate.

Its funny, quite often but not always when i have a burger and chips meal at a pub i will eat all the chips first before demolishing the burger, not always but probably more than half the time.
I put the two smallest scallops on the plate mainly because the burger looked larger than normal and thought i would be full, after having both the scallops though i went out to the kitchen and got another one, the fourth one i actually had about 10 mins after eating the burger, i was going to keep it for later and make a scallop sandwich out of it but thought better of it.
The burger still had a nice amount of warmth to eat when i ate it, i think i really enjoyed it more because the meat patty was well seasoned, very flavoursome.

And no fizzy drink at all yesterday, sometimes i will get one of the Bundaberg's flavoured soft drinks to have with it but not yesterday, i don't drink very much fizzy soft drinks.

Its funny, quite often but not always when i have a burger and chips meal at a pub i will eat all the chips first before demolishing the burger, not always but probably more than half the time.
I put the two smallest scallops on the plate mainly because the burger looked larger than normal and thought i would be full, after having both the scallops though i went out to the kitchen and got another one, the fourth one i actually had about 10 mins after eating the burger, i was going to keep it for later and make a scallop sandwich out of it but thought better of it.
The burger still had a nice amount of warmth to eat when i ate it, i think i really enjoyed it more because the meat patty was well seasoned, very flavoursome.

And no fizzy drink at all yesterday, sometimes i will get one of the Bundaberg's flavoured soft drinks to have with it but not yesterday, i don't drink very much fizzy soft drinks.
Yeah, the meal and story caught my attention for some reason and I subscribed to the interesting event.

There’s a couple of pleasant ornaments or bit thereof in the photo, old world charm I thought.

I going to miss jwh when he retires. A friend of mine was on his table once and advised that he was nothing but warm and friendly to those assembled. Especially just ordinary league fans. Like a gentle giant. I hope to meet him one day. Anyway, that’s off topic!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would like to rant again of my hatred for having to eat.

Now I have to do it , and I can enjoy it.

But three times a day (minimum) just bores me, just under in rank, having to Shyte it out later.

Where the f**k is pill children? For when I don't have time to eat. That actually provides the same. Where is my chicken Parma with veggies and roast potatoes in a pill?

Cannot invent Shyte these young people, riding on the shoulders of peeps who gave you microwave food.

Punks.

horrie hastings

First Grade
View attachment 84031
Blame @horrie hastings!

And fyi, one free scallop!

Old Mt Druitt Takeaway.

Beetroot too.

View attachment 84033
A tad overpriced at $6.00 but I’ll have to wear the financial carnage.

A tad over priced at $6 lol, i would be ordering it just about every day at that price. Looks good, and yes the one i had yesterday had beetroot on it to, Re the scallops, quite often if i order five from the local takeaway i end up with six.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeah, the meal and story caught my attention for some reason and I subscribed to the interesting event.

There’s a couple of pleasant ornaments or bit thereof in the photo, old world charm I thought.

I going to miss jwh when he retires. A friend of mine was on his table once and advised that he was nothing but warm and friendly to those assembled. Especially just ordinary league fans. Like a gentle giant. I hope to meet him one day. Anyway, that’s off topic!
Yes have plenty of ornaments around the place, some have real special meanings. The one in the background of the latest pic is a chicken with a salt and pepper egg shaped shakers, bought one for a Kris
Kringle present and liked it so got one for myself, the legs you can see are of a metal rooster i bought at the Melbourne Flower and Garden show quite a few years ago, couldn't think of a good name for it so i just call it mechanical rooster.

Yes about JWH, every thing i have heard from people who either know him or have interactions with him say what you said, warm and friendly and all round nice guy. Just don't know what happens when he is on the field and has those brain snaps though.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I would like to rant again of my hatred for having to eat.

Now I have to do it , and I can enjoy it.

But three times a day (minimum) just bores me, just under in rank, having to Shyte it out later.

Where the f**k is pill children? For when I don't have time to eat. That actually provides the same. Where is my chicken Parma with veggies and roast potatoes in a pill?

Cannot invent Shyte these young people, riding on the shoulders of peeps who gave you microwave food.

Punks.