What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you eating right now?

King Freddie burger from Frangos

View attachment 84091

Chicken on the burger nice but way to much frito sauce which made it very sloppy to eat, chips good but way to many. 6 out of 10.
Almost French-fryish those chips.

I prefer a thicker cut, with crisp outer and soft innards.

That bun appears slightly discoloured, perhaps a trick of the light.

Yes, I did recognise the legs of the iron roostery think thanks to its feet.

One can overdo kitchen ornaments but I see you’re in the zone.

Yes, I shall congratulate JWH for his Manu heroics, beckoning Latrell over for a punch on after the event with Latrell cowarding out.

Latstermeister was frightened of JWH as well as he might be and JWH has more than enough reserves of derangement to ensure Latrell would never play footy again. He would beat the living daylights of him …and his next 20 descendants.

Just the way JWh is.

JWH stood up for all genuine fans of the game that night seeking vengeance for the worst cheap shot in the history of the game.

It was so bad, even some of Latrrells team mates didn’t want to speak to him afterwards.
Well done JWH. We salute you.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not much colour to it but i enjoyed it, better half didn't feel like much for dinner after the burgers from Frango's so i used the pizza base that i was going to use on Saturday night i decide to use tonight, the tomatoes i was going to use on it Saturday night got cooked up for breakfast on Sunday so tonight i just threw on some roasted red capsicum and left over green olives and as the other half didn't want any and doesn't eat eggs i decide to crack an egg in the middle of it as i do enjoy egg on a pizza every now and then.

20240212_201502_resized.jpg

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Almost French-fryish those chips.

I prefer a thicker cut, with crisp outer and soft innards.

That bun appears slightly discoloured, perhaps a trick of the light.

Yes, I did recognise the legs of the iron roostery think thanks to its feet.

One can overdo kitchen ornaments but I see you’re in the zone.

Yes, I shall congratulate JWH for his Manu heroics, beckoning Latrell over for a punch on after the event with Latrell cowarding out.

Latstermeister was frightened of JWH as well as he might be and JWH has more than enough reserves of derangement to ensure Latrell would never play footy again. He would beat the living daylights of him …and his next 20 descendants.

Just the way JWh is.

JWH stood up for all genuine fans of the game that night seeking vengeance for the worst cheap shot in the history of the game.

It was so bad, even some of Latrrells team mates didn’t want to speak to him afterwards.
Well done JWH. We salute you.
Yes i prefer a thicker chip, i actually quite like the old fashioned crinkle cut chips that some places still do but these even for french fry style were pretty decent. The burger overall was disappointing, you could get a side of rice instead of chips which i almost did but didn't think rice and burger would go well together.

As for the ornaments, the kitchen ones are kitchen appropriate, love little things like that that fit into the theme of the room without detracting from it. In my bedroom on the chest of drawers i have quite a few panda figurines i have collected over the years, they mean something to me.

The lounge room i have three Lladro bears, they have appeared in a few pics earlier, my mother had quite a few different Lladro figurines at home and wanted all the children to have at least one of them, i never really liked the bears, mainly because of where they were on display in my parents house, but bought them home and finally found a spot on the coffee table which suited them and i love them now,even mean more now since my mother passed away.

As for Latrene , he completely lost me that night, a needless cheap shot on former team mate that could have been far worse than it was even though it was very bad and then Latrene trying to make out he was the victim because of the hate mail he got after it. While i liked that Jarred stood up and wanted to take Latrine on i'm glad he didn't in the end because two wrongs don't make a right even though Latrine would have deserved it that night.

horrie hastings

First Grade
i like leather jackets
these used to be cheap but not anymore
just roll them in flour and fry lightly
so sweet, but i tend to put spice in the flour mix too
They have made an appearance again in the fish shops after a few months absence, The fish shop in the centre i work at had the them for $14.99 a kilo , they looked good so i bought two and they came to $6.85 for the two of them. Went for a walk up to Marrickville yesterday and the Greek fish shop there had them and they looked good but were $19.99 a kilo so no way, the Asian fish shop a bit further up the road had them for $12.99 a kilo , as i was out walking i didn't purchase any but hopefully now there will be a plentiful supply as the three fish shops i mentioned haven't had them for the last few months.

Yes i prefer a thicker chip, i actually quite like the old fashioned crinkle cut chips that some places still do but these even for french fry style were pretty decent. The burger overall was disappointing, you could get a side of rice instead of chips which i almost did but didn't think rice and burger would go well together.

As for the ornaments, the kitchen ones are kitchen appropriate, love little things like that that fit into the theme of the room without detracting from it. In my bedroom on the chest of drawers i have quite a few panda figurines i have collected over the years, they mean something to me.

The lounge room i have three Lladro bears, they have appeared in a few pics earlier, my mother had quite a few different Lladro figurines at home and wanted all the children to have at least one of them, i never really liked the bears, mainly because of where they were on display in my parents house, but bought them home and finally found a spot on the coffee table which suited them and i love them now,even mean more now since my mother passed away.

As for Latrene , he completely lost me that night, a needless cheap shot on former team mate that could have been far worse than it was even though it was very bad and then Latrene trying to make out he was the victim because of the hate mail he got after it. While i liked that Jarred stood up and wanted to take Latrine on i'm glad he didn't in the end because two wrongs don't make a right even though Latrine would have deserved it that night.
He should have got a life ban for it tbh.

The look on Manus face afterwards was heartbreaking.

I think it was Cooke who lats tried to get support from and he brushed him.

He’s just a giant feral pig of a human being.

Souths have been rooted since he joined them. He’s cost them 2 grand finals.

Imagine dumping Reynolds for Latrell?

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
The old fish n chips Shop.
Princess Highway Blakehurst
Has closed down after a 100 years
Property developments has taken over
Where Can we get some nice juicey prawns
Fish cocktails. Scallops.

Old Mt Druitt take away.

Mr Chan, no Chinese but good old Aussie take away fare at affordable prices (kind of).

Service with very little English is what we like out here.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Been closed for about 2 and half years now, bought some oysters from there once about 8 months before it was due to close, place was looking tired but the oysters were pretty good.

The only place i really like going to for fish and chips overall is Life Boat at Brooklyn and i'm happy to jump on train for an hour from Central to get a seafood fix, fish, chips, prawns either fresh or cutlets are great.
Potato scallops you wont see though

Nutz

Bench
Morgan's Fish Co-Op in Scarborough :) yummo

horrie hastings

First Grade
Nice simple dinner of a T-bone steak blasted to medium rare on a hot open grill with a side of peas and hot English mustard.
doesn’t always need to be complicated
Sounds great, love peas as a side dish, do like some home made potato wedges though when i have a steak but just peas as a side would be nice with the steak. If i do mustard on my steak i like dijon, i usually put a bit of that on pork chops though.
Also a nice glass of red with a steak.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Last nights dinner, an Italian style roast chicken with lemon, capers, chat potatoes, eschalots oregano, parsley and lots of garlic, all done in the one pot . Yummmm

20240330_200039_resized.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
i like leather jackets
these used to be cheap but not anymore
just roll them in flour and fry lightly
so sweet, but i tend to put spice in the flour mix too

Was out at Maroubra Junction on Monday and they had huge huge ocean jackets for $22.99 a kilo, some of the biggest i have ever seen, even the smallest one would have been to big for two people to eat, would have been great baked for a communal dinner, not sure really of the weight but you would be paying well over the $22.99 price for one fish.

Today checked in at the Asian fish shop in Marrickville on the way to yum cha and they had the fan bellied variety that i would often catch in the harbour, not huge but still big enough for a feed and definitely keeper if i caught them, they were $7.99 a kilo so bought 6 of them for the freezer, cost just over $6 for the lot.