What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you more passionate about?

What are you more passionate about, NRL or State of Origin?

• NRL

Votes: 92 74.2%
  • State of Origin

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • About the same for each

Votes: 20 16.1%

• Total voters

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
You develop more of an attachment to your club because they play 21-24 more games a year then Origin sides.

You're also more likely to see your state win Origin then you are to see your club win a premiership so there is more desire there. Its a greater effort to win a grand final too.

Internationals are tough to judge because although its been around for a while, its only just started to get its gears rolling.

Frailty

First Grade
Sharks > NSW > Australia

I guess it comes down to the level of competition.

I'm passionate about the Sharks, and they club has a constant uphill battle against all the other clubs with bigger budgets. There are more an enemies in the NRL to hate, and the day the Sharks win their first Grand Final will be something special.

The more NSW loses, the more I get passionate about seeing them win. I want to see them smash the toads in their backyard to return the shield to NSW. It's been too long, and each series loss is making me more and more desperate and passionate.

International has some great moments and games, but there isn't the same level of competition. Down the track when the game has developed in other nations it will be better I'm sure.

Packy

Bench
I'd probably rather win a GF than an origin but that's probably got something to do with how hard it is to win a GF and that origin is a 2 horse race.

But come Origin time I am a huge fan.

Voted both.

BranVan3000

Coach
Club for sure. Seeing Souths win a Premiership would be like a dream

I put SOO on the level of going for Australia in the FIFA World Cup, I get passionate about it around the time is happening and get caught up in all the hype throughout the media. But other than the hype of when the event is happening I could really care less. Whether NSW win or lose, I more or less feel the same the next day. With Souths it's downright depressing and/or agitating when Souths lose a game

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Tests are my passion..

I like SOO, It's great footy and it's a great excuse to get on the beers and grab a pizza in the middle of the week (ok I lie about beers in the middle of the week being a treat...) but it's not the be all and end all...

Newcastle winning a GF would have to be more important to me than a SOO win for NSW...

This

I will always have Passion For Manly, until the day I die, i will always support NSW (not just in Rugby League, but NSW in general).......But during the State of Origin period, That Support Rises to as Much Passion, as I suport Manly with.......I f**ken hate Queenslanders the smug, Arrogant Smokers

somebody here mentioned a couple of weeks ago, how if queensland get beaten that some of their supporters, conveniently forget that the mach was on......I know of a queensland supporter here in Taree who said he was watching Discovery Channel and conveniently forgot that the last Origin Match was on

Shorty

Staff member
Way to generalise!
If QLD get flogged in game 3, I'll still feel just as crazy about them (and you'll find that's the case with most QLDers).

On topic it's Cowboys > SoO> Australia.
When teams start beating Australia on a regular basis, that might change.

Connie Kreski

Juniors
As a NSWelshman I have no passion and just don't get origin.

This.

Glad someone else said it; the way the media carry on, I thought I was in a tiny minority.
All I really see in Origin is a chance for our players to get injured.

When we have a genuinely national comp it will become redundant.

Eels Dude

Coach
My support for the Eels completely overrides SOO. In saying that given our season is already over I'm taking more of an interest in origin instead now.

Both over international footy any day of the week.

timka4

Bench
I'd probably rather win a GF than an origin but that's probably got something to do with how hard it is to win a GF and that origin is a 2 horse race.

But come Origin time I am a huge fan.

Voted both.
This

I never get more excited then watching an origin game, even more than Newcastle winning in finals games. But winning the 2001 GF was better then winning state of origin.

Although whenever we finally crack this QLD winning streak, I think that will take over the 2001 GF for me.

Way to generalise!
If QLD get flogged in game 3, I'll still feel just as crazy about them (and you'll find that's the case with most QLDers).

On topic it's Cowboys > SoO> Australia.
When teams start beating Australia on a regular basis, that might change.

ahhhh no, there is no way i generalised, notice how i said "some"and not all......now go back and read it slower so that it sinks in

disregard what i typed above, in response to the first part of my first post. i have just gone back and re read it, i will clarify and say, that all the Queensland supporters that i have met, they are arrogant smokers, i have never met a humble Queensland supporter that will congratulate you when they get beaten ( back in the day)

i am not saying that the people, that i have met are not passionate, what i am saying is that more often than not, when queensland got beaten (back in the day) they either forgot it was on, or they had a family dinner or a myriad of other excuses

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Origin to me is like 20/20 cricket. Flashy, appeals to the masses, but mostly soulless and a bit of a joke. NRL is the purist's form of the game. Saints aren't just my passion, it's my motherfkn religion. Peace be with you, f**kers

timka4

Bench
Origin to me is like 20/20 cricket. Flashy, appeals to the masses, but mostly soulless and a bit of a joke. NRL is the purist's form of the game. Saints aren't just my passion, it's my motherfkn religion. Peace be with you, f**kers
:lol::lol:

You've always been a very smart man.