What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what centre have we signed?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i'm glad you take yourself so seriously dude RE: the SK balls comment above, because i sure as hell don't

i meant he made a tough decision and used a throw away line that people use everyday, so take a pill or take up a hobby or something and stop trying to make yourself feel valid by attempting to belittle others ok

credibility....??? i judge my level of credibility by the respect i am afforded by the people in life that i give 2 cents about....which totally excludes you, you sad plastic replica of a pile of dog excrement

No mate, don't try and weasel out of this one.

You're implying that when Kearney was making decisions you disagree with he was wrong and 'lacked balls' but now that you think he has changed his way of looking at the game all of a sudden he 'has balls'.

Kearney hasn't changed his coaching style. The only thing that has changed are the circumstances.

True EEL

Bench
i'm not weaseling out of anything, yes, i said he is showing some balls as a Coach of Parramatta, he made a ballsy call for once, i would say his biggest call/gamble as a Coach (particularly with Parra)

but why take yourself, your love for SK and the comment so seriously or personally and start quoting how young he was when he did this, how experienced he is in taking a dump etc?????

i'm not literally saying he has no testicles, i am just saying he finally made a brave and ballsy call to use Jarryd at 6, i mean get over yourself, for the love of God?!?!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i'm not weaseling out of anything, yes, i said he is showing some balls as a Coach of Parramatta, he made a ballsy call for once, i would say his biggest call/gamble as a Coach (particularly with Parra)

but why take yourself, your love for SK and the comment so seriously or personally and start quoting how young he was when he did this, how experienced he is in taking a dump etc?????

i'm not literally saying he has no testicles, i am just saying he finally made a brave and ballsy call to use Jarryd at 6, i mean get over yourself, for the love of God?!?!

What was ballsy about it?

Last week we had Hayne, Humble, Mortimer and Robson unavailable and so we were stuck with Burt, Maitua and McGuire in the middle (since you don't like the term 'spine'). Our kicking game was atrocious.

This week we had the same unavailable halves options, except Hayne was available.

What else was Kearney going to do? He didn't make a ballsy decision; he made the only decision he could.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

That bolded bit is crap, he made a ballsy decision at the start of the year to let Tahu go. He could have let the baby have his way but decided what was best for the team. Showed straight away he has a pair. He also made the decision on Vai Vai, some over clubs would have given him another chance.

parra pete

Referee
Jus spoke to Parra Pete it is Michael Lett

I was just kidding...Mick is still with the Doggies. Said he has been to the Eels and prefers to 'look elsewhere'. He has a better try-scoring strike rate in the NRL than most of the Eels..

Some stats from his games in FG: ;-)

2008 Rd 6 (Bulldogs) - 2 tries, 1 linebreak, 11 runs for 144 metres, 6 tackle breaks

2008 Rd 10 (Storm) - 1 try, 1 linebreak, 18 runs for 179 metres, 5 tackle breaks

2008 Rd 16 (Titans) - 1 try, 1 linebreak, 9 runs for 145 metres, 2 tackle breaks

2009 Rd 12 (Panthers) - 1 try, 1 linebreak, 10 runs for 90 metres, 1 tackle break

2009 Rd 18 (Manly) - 1 try, 4 linebreaks, 15 runs for 196 metres, 4 tackle breaks

2010 Rd 9 (Manly) - 3 tries, 3 linebreaks, 16 runs for 110 metres, 5 tackle breaks

2010 Rd 11 (Raiders) - 2 tries, 4 linebreaks, 12 runs for 124 metres, 10 tackle breaks

2010 Rd 17 (Panthers) - 1 tries, 6 linebreaks, 16 runs for 136 metres, 5 tackle breaks

Source. www.parrapeteimagination.com.au

CrazyEel

Bench
Michael Lett, oh yeah, the guy that someone guaranteed would represent one day. :shock:

Well I suppose he's almost there, only has a few clubs left before he can say he represents reserve grade of every club in the NRL :lol:

parra pete

Referee
Michael Lett, oh yeah, the guy that someone guaranteed would represent one day. :shock:

Well I suppose he's almost there, only has a few clubs left before he can say he represents reserve grade of every club in the NRL :lol:

Represented NSW Residents the other night...What more do you want??

barney gumble

Juniors
Vaeliki makes shock NRL return.

Yeah well him and Lyon (both internationals at the time) were the reason Tonga left our club in the first place. Remember seeing Tonga score 4 tries in the reggies for us, I think it was a Broncos game, and I was thinking "who is this kid", next year he was gone and in the same year played origin for QLD. But that was nearly 10 years ago, Willie Tonga will be a solid signing, no more, he is a couple of years past his best.

CrazyEel

Bench
Yeah well him and Lyon (both internationals at the time) were the reason Tonga left our club in the first place. Remember seeing Tonga score 4 tries in the reggies for us, I think it was a Broncos game, and I was thinking "who is this kid", next year he was gone and in the same year played origin for QLD. But that was nearly 10 years ago, Willie Tonga will be a solid signing, no more, he is a couple of years past his best.
Bit harsh to say he is "past his best" at 27 IMO. I think he is an excellent signing and adds a real attacking "class" to our backline, I will be very pleased if it comes off.

boxhead

First Grade
Bit harsh to say he is "past his best" at 27 IMO. I think he is an excellent signing and adds a real attacking "class" to our backline, I will be very pleased if it comes off.

Agree, exceedingly harsh to say he is past it. The amount of Eels fans complaining about Tonga being the signing, it's as if they forget he plays for QLD and Australia and is easily one of the better centers in the game.