What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Chance The Top 4?

Card Shark

Immortal
Wow there's some logic, don't give the club money and turn up to support and they'll be better off ... Great thinking 99

:thumb

They've already got my money, I have a family flexi5 pass.

Been working away, so rarely home. Unfortunately it's not a simple trip to get there for me (or home), as it is for you - we aren't that lucky.

Taking a crew to the Eagles game, to use up my 20 tickets. Hope that meets your approval.

Card Shark

Immortal
Maitland mate. How about yourself?

Been working up at Boggabri, near Gunnedah, home every 2nd weekend - hasnt worked out to get to a game this year, especially with the shit start to the year. Got a piss-up this arvo - will watch it in the pub @ Morpeth, publican is a Tigers supporter, hope I get the last laugh on him.

I Called into the Ag-Quip field days on the way home on Thursday, had the Sharks cap on. Saw a guy with a Sharks jumper on, so I said " go the sharks!".

He replied "yeh mate". His mate says, there's the 5th 1, as in 5th sharks supporter he'd seen for the day.

Don't underestimate the support for our team in the bush mate, there is a hell of a lot out there - we just need a winning team to follow. Not much to cheer about in recent years but we are a sleeping giant.

Couple of good shark lovers at the pub too, guy that runs the trivia wears a sharks shirt every week - there is always a shark question, which is about the only 1 I get right ;-)

coolumsharkie

Referee
They've already got my money, I have a family flexi5 pass.

Been working away, so rarely home. Unfortunately it's not a simple trip to get there for me (or home), as it is for you - we aren't that lucky.

Taking a crew to the Eagles game, to use up my 20 tickets. Hope that meets your approval.

hahaha calm ya farm, your post suggested that your presence was some kind of jinx and that is the reason for not attending.

Btw, have you seen my name?^^^

It's where I live.

Card Shark

Immortal
hahaha calm ya farm, your post suggested that your presence was some kind of jinx and that is the reason for not attending.

Btw, have you seen my name?^^^

It's where I live.

Yes, that's why I said "we" aren't lucky to live close by, you & I (& many more) have to make considerable effort to attend.

& yes, I'm an absolute jinx! Often leave games thinking, "if I didn't make the effort to come, we'd probably have won". It's a long trip home after a loss.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Live near the ACT and haven't been to a game all year. Ive got the best seat in the house apparently (3/4 way up ET stand upper on half way line). Goes begging. Hopefully get to the Hartleys game.

zmt

Juniors
& yes, I'm an absolute jinx! Often leave games thinking, "if I didn't make the effort to come, we'd probably have won". It's a long trip home after a loss.

That is quite a trip for you! Im from parramatta, around 50 min drive on a good day. Feels like forever if we get public transport in though

I can totally relate to the jinx haha.

Card Shark

Immortal
Live near the ACT and haven't been to a game all year. Ive got the best seat in the house apparently (3/4 way up ET stand upper on half way line). Goes begging. Hopefully get to the Hartleys game.

They are great seats. Get to that game mate - that will define our finals campaign imo. Win that, & it's bye bye Eagles + our confidence will be as high as ever.

Edit: you should hook up with RCB for a date at the Sharks, he's from down that way

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
That is quite a trip for you! Im from parramatta, around 50 min drive on a good day. Feels like forever if we get public transport in though

I can totally relate to the jinx haha.

Wish I was in walking distance....my dream is to own a unit in the development. Dream on.....

Jono Russell

Bench
I am from up your way as well Cardy. Cessnock local. I try and get to atleast 1 or 2 games a year when I visit family in Sydney as well as any game they play at Hunter Stadium.

Card Shark

Immortal
Go visiting in 2 weeks - it's the crunch game. Need all the noise we can get that day, although cranky fans didn't sway the refs on Monday.

They were determined to let the Storm lie all over us

Card Shark

Immortal
Still in the race, if we can overpower the Eels next week & somehow manage to beat the pesky Eagles in Rd 26.

Rabbitohs have:
Broncos (Home game but at Allianz)
Roosters (A)

Storm have:
Knights (H)
Cowboys (H)
Broncos (A)

How good are we, if we can snatch 4th, we are serious contenders?

bluefox1968

Juniors
Yes, Cardy, I reckon Bunnies will lose BOTH.

I also hope Storm lose at least TWO of the three (obviously the most likely losses would be the last 2)

That puts us in a good position!

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Strange thing is while the spate of injuries to the Rorters and Cows increases our premiership chances it probably reduces our top 4 chances. Bennett has also said he'd possibly rest a few players over the last couple of rounds if needed. Right now we're probably one of the healthiest sides heading into the semis....touch wood!