What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

TheVelourFog

First Grade
trying to finish Witcher 3.....it's turning into a bit of a slog

decided to just focus on the main story and forego the question mark hunting and it just goes on and on...the bit I thought was the end is only 3/4 through FFS

just let me retire to a little cottage with Triss and make ginger babies already

Eelementary

Post Whore
trying to finish Witcher 3.....it's turning into a bit of a slog

decided to just focus on the main story and forego the question mark hunting and it just goes on and on...the bit I thought was the end is only 3/4 through FFS

just let me retire to a little cottage with Triss and make ginger babies already

Excellent game.

Iafeta

Referee
Started playing NHL 16 and Forza 6 today. Early impression on NHL 16 is its a massive step up on the disappointing NHL 15. The build your career from the minors is back, and there is a good coaching feature which for me, one who has struggled with the latter NHL games (used to gun it in NHL '94 lol), this is reassuring.

Apey

Staff member
Still playing Guild Wars 2... a lot. Expansion comes out next month but it's steep as f**k (~$72) for what doesn't seem like a lot of content. It doesn't have a subscription fee though so I'll probably cave in and go for it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Madden 16.

I like it, but I can't defend at all, and I'm usually good at defending.

Is it because I'm Oakland, or do I need time to get used to it?

Haffa

Madden 16.

I like it, but I can't defend at all, and I'm usually good at defending.

Is it because I'm Oakland, or do I need time to get used to it?

Bit of both. I'd recommend the tutorials. The changes to going for intercepts or tackling the player make more sense after the tutorials.

I always start with one of my DL then switch. For an age when I switched I would hold the left stick and ended up moving the player I switched to out of position. once I learned to let go I was better in coverage.

Teams will score though and the opposition will get on a roll at some point in a game. The quality of your team does make a difference.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bit of both. I'd recommend the tutorials. The changes to going for intercepts or tackling the player make more sense after the tutorials.

I always start with one of my DL then switch. For an age when I switched I would hold the left stick and ended up moving the player I switched to out of position. once I learned to let go I was better in coverage.

Teams will score though and the opposition will get on a roll at some point in a game. The quality of your team does make a difference.

I think it's because of the Raiders - I started another Franchise as the Seahawks, and it's a little easier.

Unfortunately, Oakland just aren't very good!

RoosTah

Juniors
Alien:Isolation - about a year late to the party, but this thing is a f**king masterpiece of interactive entertainment. It also happens to be the best and most engaging Alien experience since the first movie.

thorson1987

Coach
Finally got around to buying a PS4 last night.

Picked up Madden 16 and FIFA 16.

Last Madden game I bought was 08 so struggled to get used to the gameplay until I won my first game (as Dallas against Detroit) with 30 seconds left in the 4th qtr due to a hail mary actually coming off. Had difficulty set to pro until I have got the game down pat.

One little thing I was disappointed in was no deterioration of the pitch (played at Wembley with pissing down rain) and the pitch still looked as new after the game.

Pitch deterioration and players getting dirty are a few of the little things in a game I like.

Also having the updated squads f**ked me over. Having Cassel instead of Romo starting and no Bryant sucked.

Last edited:

Last Week

Bench
I'm playing Madden 16 at the moment and I am absolutely obsessed with Ultimate Team. It's time consuming to get used to and some research is required to know the real market value of players, but it's fantastic. Such a great game. I would pay a fair amount of cash if there could be a NRL game of similar quality with a similar feature.

Also Draft champions is heaps fun too.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Picked up Guitar Hero Live for a bit of fun. Haven't played one of these for years.

The control layout is much better than it used to be and enjoying the setlists.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Been playing Uncharted Collection on the PS4, still holds up damn well to this day.

On the PC finally got around to getting Project Cars, so much better than on console... And also Party Hard, one of best the $6 I ever spent, pretty addictive.

Jono Russell

Bench
Anyone remember Jonah Lomu Rugby on the PS1 that was one of the best Rugby games ever created.

The commentary was also great

"Oh! Mercy me! What a tackle! That could've put him in Ward 4!", followed by "I hope not Bill, that's a maternity ward!"

Wish I was playing that right now.