What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Walt Flanigan said:
Picked up Guitar Hero Live for a bit of fun. Haven't played one of these for years.

The control layout is much better than it used to be and enjoying the setlists.

Played this a couple of times at the Armageddon Expo in Auckland last weekend, I'm so used to the old button scheme that I couldn't quite lock my brain into the new 3 split-button controller in only a couple of plays so embarrassed myself a wee bit (I don't play below Hard on the old games so overestimated my abilities to work it out immediately hah).
But was quite fun, kinda cool that the button combinations now actually resemble chord shapes, sort of. Funny seeing how the band reacts to you onscreen as you continually f@ck it up as well!!!!

Anyone remember Jonah Lomu Rugby on the PS1 that was one of the best Rugby games ever created.

The commentary was also great

"Oh! Mercy me! What a tackle! That could've put him in Ward 4!", followed by "I hope not Bill, that's a maternity ward!"

Wish I was playing that right now.

"Digging like a demented moooole"

Our old flat used to have some epic battles while we had a projector going playing up on the lounge wall hah - particularly two of the guys who had a whole ritual set for the loser of each game who had to get on their knees and proclaim the awesomeness of the most recent victor while saying how they paled in comparison (ON YOUR KNEES BOY!!!!). So funny. I was terrible at the game, but loved being the casual observer, so competitive!

thorson1987

Coach
Anyone remember Jonah Lomu Rugby on the PS1 that was one of the best Rugby games ever created.

The commentary was also great

"Oh! Mercy me! What a tackle! That could've put him in Ward 4!", followed by "I hope not Bill, that's a maternity ward!"

Wish I was playing that right now.

"it's hot, it's humid and it's sticky"

so many hours spent on that game.

I even went through and wrote down every teams home and away jersey styles and who they would wear the away jersey against.

Updated Richie McCaw controls for the game

12193691_1051681101530633_3777468827139139542_n.jpg

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Played this a couple of times at the Armageddon Expo in Auckland last weekend, I'm so used to the old button scheme that I couldn't quite lock my brain into the new 3 split-button controller in only a couple of plays so embarrassed myself a wee bit (I don't play below Hard on the old games so overestimated my abilities to work it out immediately hah).
But was quite fun, kinda cool that the button combinations now actually resemble chord shapes, sort of. Funny seeing how the band reacts to you onscreen as you continually f@ck it up as well!!!!

"Digging like a demented moooole"

Our old flat used to have some epic battles while we had a projector going playing up on the lounge wall hah - particularly two of the guys who had a whole ritual set for the loser of each game who had to get on their knees and proclaim the awesomeness of the most recent victor while saying how they paled in comparison (ON YOUR KNEES BOY!!!!). So funny. I was terrible at the game, but loved being the casual observer, so competitive!

Haha I have the PS1 disc at home somewhere.
Wondering if it would work on the PS3, I'm upgrading to PS4 next year so maybe on that...

Currently playing Cities:Skylines and LOVING it!
I also have Ultra Street Fighter IV with all DLCs ready to play on Steam as well

redvscotty

First Grade
Also on Diablo 3 atm, powerlevelled a Barb last night in about 20 mins so going to spend tonight gearing him up and trying out what works best.

Monk is fun, but a little burnt out from the season on it.

Fallout 4 on Xbone tomorrow. Should be good.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I see LOTR Shadow Of Mordor plus the expansions are on sale at Bundlestars.
Very tempted to get it on the cheap

redvscotty

First Grade
I'm tempted to use my Xbone version of Shadows of Mordor on a trade in for something else and get that PC version. Hrmm.

Eelectrica

Referee
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced.
Damn it's a good game. Played it its original state when it was in Early Access, it's come a long way since then, and for the better.

McLovin

Staff member
Wasteland 2 on the PS4.

Relatively low key game. Surprisingly quite addictive...

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Just pulled out Burnout 3 on PS2 again recently, really is quite fun. I do enjoy taking out other cars in spectacular fashion and getting rewarded accordingly.

Might see if I can track down a copy of the only PS3 Burnout game that came out back around 2008.

Was always a fan of the big dumb fun arcadey racers like Need For Speed (particularly the first Hot Pursuit which I played the shit out of on PS1) rather than the more hardcore racing sims like Gran Turismo and whatnot.

Fallout 4.

Got it a month or so after release and haven't been able to put real time into it until lately, really enjoying it though.

perverse

Referee
Just pulled out Burnout 3 on PS2 again recently, really is quite fun. I do enjoy taking out other cars in spectacular fashion and getting rewarded accordingly.

Might see if I can track down a copy of the only PS3 Burnout game that came out back around 2008.

Was always a fan of the big dumb fun arcadey racers like Need For Speed (particularly the first Hot Pursuit which I played the shit out of on PS1) rather than the more hardcore racing sims like Gran Turismo and whatnot.

I assume Burnout 3 had the same crash mode as Burnout 2? I was extremely disappointed to find crash mode removed from Paradise... even though it was a great game, it didn't feel like Burnout without that mode. In fact, I've gotta say that I pretty much played Burnout prior to that exclusively for crash mode.

If you're talking about Burnout Paradise and looking forward to more crash mode mayhem, don't bother. It's not in there. Paradise is a great open world driving game, but without crash mode it feels like another need for speed or something. Reminded me of the first NFS: Most Wanted.

Exsilium

Coach
Playing Alien Isolation. Decent enough with plenty of jumpy moments. When playing the game with surround sound it really comes into its own. The atmosphere created makes for a tense gaming experience.

So far, 7/10

Misanthrope

Staff member
Haven't found a new game I've enjoyed in a while, so I've been cycling through Skyrim (heavily modded), World of WarCraft, and Diablo 2 (heavily modded).

Played Fallout 4 to death when it came out, but haven't looked at it since I came back from Indonesia last month. Might be due a revisit soon.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Nothing but Rocket League. Suits my availability at the moment, chuck it on for an hour or so and have a few matches without having to remember how to control things or what you're doing.

Got 3 weeks off in Feb, might have a go at some long overdue "to play" games.