What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Happens If A Footy Game Is Cancelled?

NGR

Juniors
Dodger said:
Pumba, change the thread name mate... the title infers it's official.

Also, BWNB posted a similar topic not too far down.

Not forum copping - just letting you know and making a suggestion ;-)
f*ck off your not good and your not a mod...

all you are is a whineing little B*TCH

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Get over it and post about the topic moron. As you can see, I have.

According to furrycat the waters dissipated from EAS tonight but who knows with the continued rain we're getting tomorrow.

Slackboy72

Coach
fulltime said:
I know it would be a hasty switch but surely an arrangement could be made to play this game at cambelltown, and switch the game in the last round to EAS.

That's not an easy thing to do with catering, security, transport, traffic control etc. being difficult things to organise without planning. Not to mention ticketinig issues. It's usually the catering and corporate box commitments that stop them moving games.

roopy

Referee
Put it off till mid week.
With both Kidley and Mullen saying they are a few days away from being fit it will make it a much better game (for us anyway).

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Slackboy72 said:
Actually it's not a bad idea.

Its a good idea, it just isn't feasable, in terms of the stuff you mentioned in replying to shifting it to a Tigers game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Kidley already back? That's pretty awesome news for the Knights.

innsaneink

Referee
Dodger said:
Get over it and post about the topic moron. As you can see, I have.

According to furrycat the waters dissipated from EAS tonight but who knows with the continued rain we're getting tomorrow.

Man, youre one pathetic piece of work...."look at me, look at me, its me todger Im posting on topic, im not hijacking any threads, Im not being a total f**kwit, because i dont know what happens if a games cancelled."

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Eelectrica said:
Could they move the game to another location such as Gosford? Or would it be too late to do even that?
Or even change game time from Saturday to Monday night?

Just throwing some things out there.

Gosford:lol: just as bad the rain here:lol: no power any where

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
How long are these conditions predicted to last? Is there any way they can hold the game off until Sunday evening or even Monday? I bet that whatever happens the NRL have NFI what they're going to do. It'll be a last minute decision.

The weather could get twice as worse and Fox would still chuck a sh*t about the game being stopped. Don't want to ruin their "super saturday".

Tom Shines

First Grade
KeepingTheFaith said:
The weather could get twice as worse and Fox would still chuck a sh*t about the game being stopped. Don't want to ruin their "super saturday".
The game's actually on Sunday. ;-)

mattyg

Bench
if they have to do something i'd suggest announcing tomorrow that there will be a switch of games...play this round at leichardt on sunday, and move rd 25 up to newcastle...thats the only way to get around cancelling a game i think..

or maybe even move it down to bluetongue...depends how the conditions are on the CC. Todger might know

Tom Shines

First Grade
I think this has been discussed.
Too soon to swap the games, and Bluetongue is not much better apparently.

innsaneink said:
Man, youre one pathetic piece of work...."look at me, look at me, its me todger Im posting on topic, im not hijacking any threads, Im not being a total f**kwit, because i dont know what happens if a games cancelled."

I guess for those that didnt know you were a f**kwit before you posted that, they sure as hell know now.....:roll: :roll:

TeamSatan

Juniors
In the olden days they used to cancel games and then play them midweek later in the season.
I don't think they will cancel games now because of the television commitments.

In the 70's councils used to make the call because they own the grounds.

TeamSatan

Juniors
In the olden days they used to cancel games and then play them midweek later in the season.
I don't think they will cancel games now because of the television commitments.

In the 70's councils used to make the call because they own the grounds.

mattyg

Bench
they might have to play it tuesday night!!

how would that be for a week..

fri/sat/sun/mon/tue/wed all footy.

Latest posts