What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is really going on at wests tigers ?

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
It's time for the Wests Tigers to demerge and go their seperate ways- The Roosters are eyeing off group 6 including building a new leagues club and playing fields in harrington park and may as well go a little further and take over the dysfunctional Wests Juniors too.

Uncle Nick Politis apparently has been spotted with Wests Directors too out in Leumeah and Ashfield.

chunk

Juniors
Yeah, 1969 is so recent, it's imprinted in my memory. :lol:

I understand that the Tiger brand is what Balmain brought to the table, unfortunately it seems that it's all they have left on it. f**king inner-west paupers.

Believe it or not I'm not overly pissed off with Balmain about the NSW Cup team, I would have expected them to vote for a single NSW Cup side but the JV board was unanimous and plenty of the fossils on that board owe a lot to the black and white crest on the wall outside their Leagues Clubs.

Playing at the SFS is a cop-out for a few bucks, nothing more. It settles a problem for them, when they decide who plays where there's no argument with the 3 home grounds, the better drawing teams play at the SFS. It doesn't help grow the brand at all. They've pretty much given the Macarthur area the flick and I would love another team, even the f**king Roosters, to do what they've threatened and poach the whole area.

Enjoy watching Melbourne and NZ run around Leichhardt again next year.

Wests and the Wests Tigers have tried to establish themselves in the Macarthur area for the past 25 years and the locals have never seemed to enthused by the idea. I have no doubt if the macarthur region was so 'lucrative' as we a re led to believe than the Tigers would focus their resources there bu the revenue, as far as supporters are concerned are the Balmain side of things.

When they sell the joint out on a regular basis then you have an arguement.

And don't say 'if they did more they would get more crowds' because the westies already know whats there but haven't grasped it like the inner west paupers.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's time for the Wests Tigers to demerge and go their seperate ways- The Roosters are eyeing off group 6 including building a new leagues club and playing fields in harrington park and may as well go a little further and take over the dysfunctional Wests Juniors too.

Uncle Nick Politis apparently has been spotted with Wests Directors too out in Leumeah and Ashfield.
Maybe Easts should relocate fulltime to Southwest Sydney.

Greater South Western Sydney Roosters. Has a nice ring to it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Once we dip out of the eight I'm sure everyone will forget about the Tigpies and move on to us.
You haven't dipped out of the 8 in nearly a decade. If you missed out for a year or two noone would blink twice, you're due. The Tigpies have made the eight 3 times in 15 years. That's why the media is all over them like white on rice.

A year ago people were saying Crowe was about to do a runner on us. Every club goes under the magnifying glass if they've been without success for a bit.

t-ba

Post Whore
You haven't dipped out of the 8 in nearly a decade. If you missed out for a year or two noone would blink twice, you're due. The Tigpies have made the eight 3 times in 15 years. That's why the media is all over them like white on rice.

A year ago people were saying Crowe was about to do a runner on us. Every club goes under the magnifying glass if they've been without success for a bit.

We're an ideal candidate for a 'club in crisis' news cycle. Our ground it shit, our crowds have actually dipped during what is essentially the best era any club has had since the Broncos in the 1990's and our board has consisted of handbags at ten paces for at least half a decade. They tried it when Des left but the club somehow dug itself out of that hole.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
We're an ideal candidate for a 'club in crisis' news cycle. Our ground it shit, our crowds have actually dipped during what is essentially the best era any club has had since the Broncos in the 1990's and our board has consisted of handbags at ten paces for at least half a decade. They tried it when Des left but the club somehow dug itself out of that hole.

Unfortunately you may be right there t-ba. And somehow that cancer Cronulla, is going
to continue to suck the life out of league.

Manly need to keep winning at all costs.

Last edited:

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Balmain aren't folding, whilst ever the Wests Tigers exist, Balmain exist.

Did Balmain cease to exist when they tried to whore themselves out as the Sydney Tigers?

And your opinion isn't biased?

Of course it is yet you get to yap on like a dog with two heads and two severe concussions?

Try telling me what part of my post isn't factual.

You could start with the first line of post 12. This is opinion, fact doesn't come into it.
Stop living in the late 70s.

Noa

First Grade
Ive seen the future and in it the Balmain side of the venture are but a memory and West Tigers play exlusively out of the 40,000 seat stadium at C-Town

Grapple

First Grade
Yes I have. Here is a good lecture for you. Recommended by Fire.

https://tv.unsw.edu.au/video/professor-quentin-skinner-so-what-does-freedom-mean-to-us

Just because you are a Canterbury fan, it doesn't mean you can't better yourself.
Education can be your way out of the slums, wherever it is that your kind live.

Cheers

Ouch. Little touchy? Way to stereotype bro. :lol:

I got about 2 minutes in and it was pretty much "meh". Anyone that goes away from defining Freedom as anything but a moral construct is just talking gibberish.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Ouch. Little touchy? Way to stereotype bro. :lol:

I got about 2 minutes in and it was pretty much "meh". Anyone that goes away from defining Freedom as anything but a moral construct is just talking gibberish.

Just bad tempered because everyone is pouring shit on the Tigers. I'm not unhappy
with the turn of events. We punted the coach, and got rid of some dead wood, now
the world is ending.

We'll be there when the whips are cracking next year, of that I'm sure.

The cricket season can't come soon enough.

Grapple

First Grade
Just bad tempered because everyone is pouring shit on the Tigers. I'm not unhappy
with the turn of events. We punted the coach, and got rid of some dead wood, now
the world is ending.

We'll be there when the whips are cracking next year, of that I'm sure.

The cricket season can't come soon enough.

Fair enough. Sounds like you need a Des Hasler. ;-)

With Tedesco getting a full season and a somewhat decent squad I think you'll be alright. The biggest problem was the coach, and you've sorted that. Hopefully Farah stays and Benji goes back to 6 at the very least.

The cricket season will be a nice change but will probably be ruined by video umpires with incompetent hawk eye decisions.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Fair enough. Sounds like you need a Des Hasler. ;-)

With Tedesco getting a full season and a somewhat decent squad I think you'll be alright. The biggest problem was the coach, and you've sorted that. Hopefully Farah stays and Benji goes back to 6 at the very least.

The cricket season will be a nice change but will probably be ruined by video umpires with incompetent hawk eye decisions.

We can't afford a Des Hasler :(. Outside of that, the whole thing has been an opportunistic
attack by some disgruntled magpies fans that hope and pray for the merger to
collapse so the magpies can return to the NRL.

I can't wait for next year. It will be interesting watching our support bases heads
explode in the weekly post mortems if nothing else.

t-ba

Post Whore
Unfortunately you may be right their t-ba. And somehow that cancer Cronulla, is going
to continue to suck the life out of league.

Na, losing could do us the world of good as a club. I think after the way the club rose from the Northern Eagles debacle most Manly fans are convinced that we are simply destined to be perenially good, thus apathy has set in. Maybe a good few years of being sh*t and all the attendant death riding will put the fans on notice that the club actually needs them to show up to a bloody game. We basically lost 2000 to our gate after winning a premiership...

kbw

Bench
Here are some interesting points.
The 2 players that attract the $s are Marshall and Ryan (as well as Farah to some extent). They should not have punted Ryan. He had been an average first grader at best until this year. Some halfwit mentioned Utai played better, they must have played some other games this year outside of the normal rounds, cause Utai was pretty average.

Its a sad thing when a player like Heighington gets moved on. I am not sure its the right thing.

The Anasta signing will be interesting, I am not one of the Roosters bleating sheep whinging about Anasta. He is not the greatest player, but is a leader and will give his heart and soul to the club. Smith is a moron and injected so much negativity into the Roosters that it killed players like Anasta. I think the Tigers will benefit from him.

Balmain has some exceptional juniors, but more importantly some exceptional development staff, coaches etc involved with he juniors. This is important

MadPie

Juniors
We can't afford a Des Hasler :(. Outside of that, the whole thing has been an opportunistic
attack by some disgruntled magpies fans that hope and pray for the merger to
collapse so the magpies can return to the NRL.

I can't wait for next year. It will be interesting watching our support bases heads
explode in the weekly post mortems if nothing else.

CT, did you by some chance ever get tasered by a cop who was also a magpies supporter:roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Here are some interesting points.
The 2 players that attract the $s are Marshall and Ryan (as well as Farah to some extent). They should not have punted Ryan. He had been an average first grader at best until this year. Some halfwit mentioned Utai played better, they must have played some other games this year outside of the normal rounds, cause Utai was pretty average.

Its a sad thing when a player like Heighington gets moved on. I am not sure its the right thing.

The Anasta signing will be interesting, I am not one of the Roosters bleating sheep whinging about Anasta. He is not the greatest player, but is a leader and will give his heart and soul to the club. Smith is a moron and injected so much negativity into the Roosters that it killed players like Anasta. I think the Tigers will benefit from him.

Balmain has some exceptional juniors, but more importantly some exceptional development staff, coaches etc involved with he juniors. This is important

Sheens bought Anasta for halfback - LOL - I wonder what the new coach may do with him? Only Sheens would play him somewhere hes played ONCE.

Utai was very very good on many occasions

Ex Balmain Ball coach Andrew Webster has moved to Parra U/20s
Matt Head is new Balmain SG Ball coach

clutch

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, or perhaps just thought it.........along the lines of if Manly become less competitive for several consecutive years, they'll be really in the shit. Can't afford to have done years at the moment.

One of the most pressing matters is a decent home ground. I'm sure they're trying to be proactive here, but their needs to be action very soon on upgrading their game day facility for long-term benefits, otherwise, the losses they'll accumulate from playing in front of average 10k crowds will bite hard.

A less competitive team can still provide a relatively enjoyable gameday experience with the right facility.

Latest posts