What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is really going on at wests tigers ?

Stagger Lee

Bench
Last week, Wests' Ashfield director Rick Wayde mentioned the so-called ''elephant in the room'' when he told The Sun-Herald there were genuine concerns about Balmain's finances and that they might need to soon consider asking the Magpies for financial help in the running of Wests Tigers.

He urged Magpies members and fans to attend a meeting at the Wests headquarters in Ashfield today to make it clear they wanted the Magpies represented in next year's NSW Cup. There were plans for Balmain and Wests to form one NSW Cup team next season but Wayde said there was not only a desire for Wests to remain alive but Wests Ashfield had the $400,000 needed to support the team, despite three members said to be against it.

Expansion

Juniors
If Dogs/Tigers was played at Leichardt there'd be 15-20k shut out. Fans would be complaining and the club would get less money. How would that be better for anyone?

You are saying that if the Wests Tigers and the Canterbury Bulldogs played at leichhardt oval then 15,000-20,000 fans would be locked out of that particular match?

That's also saying that a match up between those two specific clubs would pull a crowd of 40,000 at the SFS. Out of the 3 matches these clubs have played at the SFS, the highest crowd figure is only 19,491 which would fit into leichhardt oval and have a ton load more atmosphere.

Expansion

Juniors
Pretend? Half their home games are played out of Win stadium mate. The Dragons were the best thing to happen to league in the Illawarra. The Steelers were run by self serving dinosaurs.

Cannot compare that JV to the Tigers or the Eagles

Since when has the St George & Illawarra merger been a JV? It's always been a takeover...

Expansion

Juniors
Enjoy watching Melbourne and NZ run around Leichhardt again next year.

Why do you continually talk down the Tigers playing the Storm at leichhardt? As a neutral fan it's one of the matchs up I look forward to each year. I think they have done a great job developing that rivalry and each year the oval is packed to the rafters for the clash (more packed then other games there).

CrazyTiger

Juniors
I went. All that happened was that CT introduced himself and declared that he was an alcoholic.

pmsl. I'm currently on a dry spell.

If I did that, I think the last remaining magpie dudes would club me to death with
an empty bottle of jack daniels.

magpie4ever

First Grade
At the end of the day Balmain is the hot chick with the big fake tits that everyone wants to be seen with and party with.

Wests is the rich old fart who wouldn't have a mate if he didn't have a quid.

It's a marriage of convenience but both sides know that if it dissolved Wests would be like the Bob Jane bloke racing go karts in front of 2 people before he carks it and Balmain would be turning tricks on william St for a quid

The JV ain't going to be disbanded, because hate eachother as they may, Balmain don't have the dosh and wests don't have the appeal, never have and never will

You need to get your hand off your pistol, pete. You have serious problems, dude:crazy:

How would you know what traditional support Wests magpies have now or in the past?

Matchball

Bench
You need to get your hand off your pistol, pete. You have serious problems, dude:crazy:

How would you know what traditional support Wests magpies have now or in the past?

f**k the traditional magpies.
We are wests tigers now and the sooner you knuckle draggers realize this the sooner we can move forward as one.

magpie4ever

First Grade
f**k the traditional magpies.
We are wests tigers now and the sooner you knuckle draggers realize this the sooner we can move forward as one.

Someone with a bouncing benny elias photo calling someone a knuckle dragger, good one :D. Admit it you are broke, bring back the heart and soul of this so-called JV - re-establish the mighty magpies.:lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Why do you continually talk down the Tigers playing the Storm at leichhardt? As a neutral fan it's one of the matchs up I look forward to each year. I think they have done a great job developing that rivalry and each year the oval is packed to the rafters for the clash (more packed then other games there).
Gareth Eliis' final game for the club v Storm Rd 26
Wests Tigers still alive in a faint hope to make the semis

Yet they only got 10,000

Granted, thats more WTs fans Peed off with the club and voting with their feet, than anything being the Storms fault, your point is generally correct

Matchball

Bench
Gareth Eliis' final game for the club v Storm Rd 26
Wests Tigers still alive in a faint hope to make the semis

Yet they only got 10,000

Granted, thats more WTs fans Peed off with the club and voting with their feet, than anything being the Storms fault, your point is generally correct

f**king disgraceful day in tiger history.

Booed off and big f**k you from the club. No wonder they got that many.

Matchball

Bench
Someone with a bouncing benny elias photo calling someone a knuckle dragger, good one :D. Admit it you are broke, bring back the heart and soul of this so-called JV - re-establish the mighty magpies.:lol:

As previously stated. Benny was a champ on the field but a low life merkin off it.
Tigers is the only way forward. It's the chain smoking scourge of TR still beating the Maggie's drum. Piss off crustation.

magpie4ever

First Grade
As previously stated. Benny was a champ on the field but a low life merkin off it.
Tigers is the only way forward. It's the chain smoking scourge of TR still beating the Maggie's drum. Piss off crustation.

Listen turdboy you (Balmain) are bankrupt, so you can F**k Off. Don't know about Benny, but his sister was ok and a good sort to boot.:D

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Listen turdboy you (Balmain) are bankrupt, so you can F**k Off. Don't know about Benny, but his sister was ok and a good sort to boot.:D

You're going to be dead soon. Tick tock, tick tock.

You are dead a long time. I can hear your last gasps for air. :)

Skitz68

Juniors
I've have to agree with magpie4ever . If Balmain are broke then their broke . Manly and Norths split life goes on . If the Magpies can continue alone so be it . Realistically Campbelltown is and will continue to produce more junior RL players , it's an area thats growing and will do for some time . No one would like to see Balmain not competing in the NRL but at the end of the day it is what it is . It's business !
"Money Talks and Bullshit walks"

Stagger Lee

Bench
It's a big assumption that if the Balmain side falls over that the NRL will give a licence to Wests.

Although the south west area of Sydney is unrepresented since the dogs move to homebush it would be crazy to offer the 'vacant' NRL spot to a Sydney team.

Latest posts