What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your most unpopular opinion about the NRL?

The Bye

Juniors
The AFL couldn’t be anymore disconnected from its supporters even if it tried. You only have to look at the way they have treated supporters in recent times. They do not reflect the views of the general Joe Bloggs supporter.

There was a plethora of indigenous talent during that era who conducted themselves on field in a respectable manner who were applauded and celebrated by the AFL public. Goodes was a flog who staged for free kicks that infuriated a lot of fans. He was also a damn good player. Nobody bats an eye lid over Garry Ablett being booed for effectively the same reasons as what Goodes did. Where’s Gary’s documentary? He’s a victim too!

t-ba

Post Whore
The AFL couldn’t be anymore disconnected from its supporters even if it tried. You only have to look at the way they have treated supporters in recent times. They do not reflect the views of the general Joe Bloggs supporter.

There was a plethora of indigenous talent during that era who conducted themselves on field in a respectable manner who were applauded and celebrated by the AFL public. Goodes was a flog who staged for free kicks that infuriated a lot of fans. He was also a damn good player. Nobody bats an eye lid over Garry Ablett being booed for effectively the same reasons as what Goodes did. Where’s Gary’s documentary? He’s a victim too!

Adam Goodes should have known his place. Yes Massa.

The Bye

Juniors
Adam Goodes should have known his place. Yes Massa.
It speaks volumes of you as a person that you automatically look at skin colour and ignore all other factors in this situation. Skin colour doesn’t define somebody.

The Bye

Juniors
Eddie Betts was just hungry, those Port fans were doing him a solid.
If you’re letting the actions of a handful define the millions of respectful AFL supporters out there, then you are an even bigger idiot than I previously thought.

mongoose

Coach
League has adapted to multi-culturalism better than AFL. I think partly due to the influx of Polynesian and black skinned players which probably make up 50% of the NRL now. The AFL is still largely a white anglo-european sport even though they try and shove their darker skinned players or the 4 islamic fans the sport has right front and centre of every promotion lol

"Look at us, look at us, look how multicultural we are!!"

The Bye

Juniors
The Ironing is delicious.
I haven’t once let the actions of a handful define millions.

I believe you have some underlying racial issues that you should look at addressing. It is not healthy defining people by their skin colour, and attempting to be the white knight at any scenario that you conceive as being racial, when it quite clearly is not.

t-ba

Post Whore
I haven’t once let the actions of a handful define millions.

I believe you have some underlying racial issues that you should look at addressing. It is not healthy defining people by their skin colour, and attempting to be the white knight at any scenario that you conceive as being racial, when it quite clearly is not.

2015 called.

It wants it's redpill bullshit back.

The Bye

Juniors
League has adapted to multi-culturalism better than AFL. I think partly due to the influx of Polynesian and black skinned players which probably make up 50% of the NRL now. The AFL is still largely a white anglo-european sport even though they try and shove their darker skinned players or the 4 islamic fans the sport has right front and centre of every promotion lol

"Look at us, look at us, look how multicultural we are!!"
Rugby league unlike Aussie rules, is played by a number of countries other than Australia. So naturally you’re going to get a more diverse range of participants than to a sport that confines itself to Australia. I do however believe that the AFL are for more multi cultured than the NRL. Melbourne is the most diverse and progressive capital of Australia. You don’t dominate that type of market without being welcoming and acceptive of many different types of people. The AFL have a round/game put aside to celebrate just about every minority you can think of.

In terms of virtue signalling, the AFL hit the NRL out of the ball park. It’s a no contest.

t-ba

Post Whore
In terms of virtue signalling, the AFL hit the NRL out of the ball park. It’s a no contest.

The NRL doesn't need to 'virtue signal' as much because it doesn't have racist morons throwing bananas at players or ex legends demanding homos stay in the closet to compensate for.

Seriously bro, at least update your IDW culture warrior terminology pack to the 2017 patch.

t-ba

Post Whore
Holy shit.

Gary (let's not talk about his hotel room where girl died father) Ablett is getting booed because he stuck up for homophobic shitbag Israel Folau.

Roflmao.

Good on those AFL fans. Turns out they do have some class!

The Bye

Juniors
The NRL doesn't need to 'virtue signal' as much because it doesn't have racist morons throwing bananas at players or ex legends demanding homos stay in the closet to compensate for.
There are idiots on both sides. The fact you are letting them define one code, and not the other is rather disingenuous.

For example, look at some of the racial incidents we’ve had in our code in the past:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2010-06-16/36286

https://amp.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/fb7474b856c5af90953444a0ce02090f

https://amp.news.com.au/sport/sport...n/news-story/0d92a9873fdd4b1859117782af50e0d2

https://amp.theguardian.com/austral...ean-widders-stared-racism-in-the-face-and-won

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ba...wasnt-meant-to-be-racial-20080710-gdslhw.html

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/843731/players-call-for-action-on-slurs/

https://www.welcometocountry.org/latrell-mitchell-highlights-racism-in-taree/

Do I condemn the actions of these people? Absolutely. Do I think the culprits are reflective of the wider rugby league community? Absolutely not. One of us is looking at this objectively. The other is cheerleading for their favourite code.

The Bye

Juniors
Holy shit.

Gary (let's not talk about his hotel room where girl died father) Ablett is getting booed because he stuck up for homophobic shitbag Israel Folau.

Roflmao.

Good on those AFL fans. Turns out they do have some class!
Whether Folau is homophobic is up for debate. I don’t believe he hates or fears gays. He just has the view that his god will not accept them into the after life. His post included many other people that most of us would resonate with at least one category, yet it was only the rainbow brigade that were up in arms over the post.

Ablett was being booed primarily because in recent weeks he hasn’t played the game in the right spirit, just like Goodes did. GA jnr had elbowed a couple of players in the head and was not charged by the match review panel, which outraged many sets of supporters, which led to him being booed.

mongoose

Coach
Rugby league unlike Aussie rules, is played by a number of countries other than Australia. So naturally you’re going to get a more diverse range of participants than to a sport that confines itself to Australia. I do however believe that the AFL are for more multi cultured than the NRL. Melbourne is the most diverse and progressive capital of Australia. You don’t dominate that type of market without being welcoming and acceptive of many different types of people. The AFL have a round/game put aside to celebrate just about every minority you can think of.

Too bad Melbourne is so mono-cultural when it comes to sports. And just because they hold some big events doesn't mean they appreciate sport. As far as participation and national teams go - League, Union, Soccer and Cricket have mostly been dominated by Sydney and NSW players. Probably most other internationally played sports as well. I think Melbourne contributes well to Basketball though.

The Bye

Juniors
literally nobody is buying it, we've seen this a dozen times over.
I’m born and bred in North Queensland and have been a league supporter literally my entire life.

Naturally if you’re unable to sufficiently counter my argument, the next step is to question my integrity in attempt to strip any form of validity to my personal opinion.

Latest posts