What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your most unpopular opinion about the NRL?

Perth Red

Post Whore
We shouldnt have all stand alone live game slots, let tv put them on delay or viewers choice so we can have more attendance friendly game times.

bileduct

Coach
I dunno if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but something I've been thinking for a while is that with the current draw where a team will play some teams twice and others only once, the NRL should look at scheduling both of the games between two particular teams with a history of rivalry back to back and then using the aggregate score to determine the winner of some kind of challenge trophy.

Would make the season a bit more interesting.

I dunno if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but something I've been thinking for a while is that with the current draw where a team will play some teams twice and others only once, the NRL should look at scheduling both of the games between two particular teams with a history of rivalry back to back and then using the aggregate score to determine the winner of some kind of challenge trophy.

Would make the season a bit more interesting.

The same type of stupidity that sees a team play someone with 4 weeks in between meetings.

Reflector

Juniors
State of Origin is a circus, with the officials making calls or letting infringements go at certain points in a match in order to try and make it "feel like Origin". I hate it. I'd rather they just let the game play out as is- sometimes one team is going to get smashed, sometimes you organically get a great finish like last night- but at least you don't come away feeling as if you got played for an idiot.

Pommy

Coach

Because teams form changes over the course of a season players come in and out due to injury etc. If Cameron Smith gets a 6 week injury and another team gets to play them twice in that 6 weeks it’s a real advantage. I understand he could get a season ending injury after round one and only one team could be disadvantaged but the current system gives a needless advantage potential.

Knight Vision

First Grade
  • Thurston is only worthy to clean Joey's boots and bring him his kicking tee
  • The immortal concept will mean very little in the space of 20 years
  • Bring back the biff
  • Bring back the shoulder charge
  • Bellamy is a blight on the game - the wrestle has no place in footy
  • Bennett is an over rate ego driven myth that can only win with a stacked deck
  • NRL referees have been infiltrated by organised crime to throw games for the betting market

stryker

First Grade
The ability to consistently read the game and adapt on the fly, thus controlling play is nearly gone. Cronk and Smith are the last of the dying breed.

stryker

First Grade
Fighting must be allowed to return to the game. The niggling and scuffles that have replaced it seriously damage the game's image.

stryker

First Grade
In 10 years Rugby League will not be classed as a sport, it will be 'sports entertainment' akin to the soap opera that is the WWE with coaching staff filling the role of producers.

Last edited: