What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your most unpopular opinion about the NRL?

POPEYE

Coach
That the NRL don't reward clubs enough, by way of bigger salary cap exemptions, for introducing new talent to 1st grade. Concessions should give clubs a head start in negotiations to keep one club players

mozza91

Coach
-The quality of the game is better now than it has ever been
-I don't think that players should receive a punishment if they test positive to a recreational drug
- Rep round is one of the best weekends of footy all year

T.S Quint

Coach
Some of these are not really unpopular opinions.
In fact, some of them are incredibly popular opinions that I hear all the time.

Knightmare

Coach
There are:

a) Too many alternate jerseys used by each club in a season and,
b) Too many varying sponsors on the club jerseys

Yeah I get it, sponsors equal $$$ for the clubs and the game but seriously- plastered on logos that ad another 4 or 5 colours to the teams' jersey (*cough* Dragons *cough*) looks completely amateur-hour and makes it difficult to distinguish an NRL jersey from the kit of a bush footy club.

Every club should be permitted a home jersey, away jersey, Indigenous round and heritage jersey and f**k the rest off. And f**k the sternum sponsors off too.

It's shit like this (amongst other stuff) that makes the code look unprofessional...

gitano

Juniors
Talentless athletes who can lift a bit and run a bit. The ones with not much coordination or actual ability who seem to go ok now. The game has become over coached and boring.

Latrell Mitchell is a match winner, just not for the Roosters.

Big empty stadiums on TV. Bit hard to convince people to start following the NRL when chook raffles at the bowling club get a bigger turnout.

Our game slowly being taken over by softcock fans and the over reaction of NRL HQ to any incident. Punches and spear tackles are part of our fabric.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Jonathan Thurston's involvement at Coffs Harbour in 2002. People like forgetting that.

Or the other six blokes because they were never named.

Then again all of the cubicle boys were all forgiven and that didn't affect their careers in the slightest.

Spot On

Coach
That Cameron Smith has had the refs over a barrel for years and he now has the entire game's nuts in a vice.

Bloke is running the whole show both on and off the field and there ain't nothin' anybody can do about it.

The NRL has created a monster and he could very well see off a couple of the games most senior administrators if the RLPA and clubs stick solid.

What a bunch of dunces at league headquarters.

I'd like to give Cam some credit but how f**king stupidly dumb, blind, inept, useless etc has the Commission been since its inception that we now find the game in the situation it's currently in.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Ok I've got a couple.
1. Melbourne should be recognised winners of the 2007 and 2009 grand finals.
2. Vossy is a terrible commentator
3. Paul Gallen and the rest of the drug cheats should of been banned for 2 years
4. Introduce a 20/40 rule to go along with the 40/20
Demanding cheats from Melbourne be recognised but demanding that cheats from Cronulla are not?

Nah

POPEYE

Coach
Demanding cheats from Melbourne be recognised but demanding that cheats from Cronulla are not?

Nah
Cheating players or cheating clubs, that is the question . . . I suppose we'll have to face the fact 'Dugans and Birds' are the accepted way . . . most people at least