What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your most unpopular opinion about the NRL?

DiegoNT

First Grade
My unpopular opinion is that people who call cronulla sharks drug cheats are pretty dumb. For starters only a small amount of players from the 2016 were at the club in 2011, and none of them actually tested positive to drugs
The whole investigation was a farce, despite Asada beating their own chest they pretty much found nothing. It's like at the end of an almost 2 year investigation they came to the NRL and cronulla and said ' look we can't find shit. We've made ourselves look like idiots. But we've dragged you through the mud and ruined your 2014 season. We will keep doing that in 2015. Now there's 3 games left in 2014, if you admit to something we can suspend you for the remaining 3 games ( you are getting the spoon anyway) so we can save a little face, and then we can all move on from this entire shit show'.
If the investigators had any real proof i have no doubt that gallen and co would still be suspended. I believe the suspensions that did happen were more for political reasons.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Manly's 2008 premiership is tainted. Players injecting themselves under the guidance of Dank with Activogen away from the headquarters is definitely suspect. We only have their word that it wasn't injected intravenously.

Let's face it Dank instigated shoddy practices in the Sharks and Essendon, so there's a strong tendency/coincidence there.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I can deal with the shoulder charge ban but its ludicrously overcharged by the mrc. Not sure if thats an unpopular opinion.

The onus should be on the decoy runner to not interfere with the play. Interference in those situations should be a black and white rule. Was the defender impeded at all by a player in an offside position if so penalty. Doesnt matter if the defender wouldnt have made the tackle or deliberately run into the decoy. Rugby league has an offside rule. We shouldnt be encouraging players into standing in an offside position.

Punching has in hindsight turned out to be a good thing and should be brought back. It wasn't like there was all in brawls every game and allowing punching kept the grubby players at least honest. I remember in week 1 last year dwz did everything in his power to get papalii to throw a punch. He slapped papa and grabbed his dick and papalii responded with a half hearted punch and luckily for us the ref had some sympathy (it was hot and all the players were being a bit dirty) because he could have easily been sin binned for responding.

State of Origin games are rarely the "pinnacle of skill" that the hype make them out to be. Lucky if 1 in 10 games is actually a game where top quality skills are showcased. Most of them are low scoring, defensive minded bore fests.

SBD82

Coach
Apparently mine is that if I was selecting a halfback, I would take Cooper Cronk ahead of Peter Sterling.

Seriously unpopular opinion.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Dead set bog average players getting paid way too much money. This cannot last and i fear something awful will happen to the game if salaries aren't brought back to normal. The fact a guy like Mitchell Moses is getting the same money Andrew Johns or Brad Fittler used to get is laughable and cheapens the game. People are now expecting and getting mediocrity for a very high price.

The price of a house in Mount Druitt now costs the same as a house used to cost in Freshwater....

Diesel

Referee
State of Origin bring the pinnacle where the international game & WC should be. The club competition suffers as a result of it.

SOO is great and a cash cow but the best 34 RL players won't be playing tomorrow night.

ed-grimley

Bench
The haphazard scheduling of games - all the relevant information could be fed into a computer so the NRL could come up with a draw that was fair for all clubs. Clubs should play each other the same number of times in a specific sequence; turnaround times should be close to the same for all clubs and games for all clubs should follow a HWHW pattern.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
What's worse? Getting paid a bit more or injecting players with performance enhancing drugs
Getting paid a bit more during premierships or allegedly injecting a couple of players with drugs for a few weeks 5 years before a premiership win?

Apparently mine is that if I was selecting a halfback, I would take Cooper Cronk ahead of Peter Sterling.

Seriously unpopular opinion.

The reasons you gave for doing so were demonstrably untrue, hence the reason so many people disagreed with your assertion.

ed-grimley

Bench
My unpopular opinion is that people who call cronulla sharks drug cheats are pretty dumb. For starters only a small amount of players from the 2016 were at the club in 2011, and none of them actually tested positive to drugs
The whole investigation was a farce, despite Asada beating their own chest they pretty much found nothing. It's like at the end of an almost 2 year investigation they came to the NRL and cronulla and said ' look we can't find shit. We've made ourselves look like idiots. But we've dragged you through the mud and ruined your 2014 season. We will keep doing that in 2015. Now there's 3 games left in 2014, if you admit to something we can suspend you for the remaining 3 games ( you are getting the spoon anyway) so we can save a little face, and then we can all move on from this entire shit show'.
If the investigators had any real proof i have no doubt that gallen and co would still be suspended. I believe the suspensions that did happen were more for political reasons.
Without resorting to Google who would know what peptides are or do anyway?

Latest posts